The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:05 am

skhmmi wrote:
Luke123 wrote:Indeed I am 16, and indeed fully aware of how whiny I probably sound. But this is the everything is shit thread and if you're not allowed to moan a little bit here without being dismissed because of your age, then god knows where you're supposed to vent.

*angst*
Vent away, Luke. I would never question anyone's right to do that in this thread. I just wanted to make sure you weren't about to give up on a potentially brilliant relationship ("however long it takes for the distance to break us up") without actually giving it a chance.

One month isn't long to wait. For the in-between times, I've got two words for you: video chat. But triple-check your bedroom door is locked first. :)
Knowing you and having met your missus, this is not the type of shit I need bouncing around in my head.

As it goes, I've just remembered I can add to the list of stories, I was 'dating' an American for over a year in my late teens, seeing her for a grand total of two weeks in that time. Being the nineties we didn't have any Internet at home so (this is probably the most dated ive felt) we used to send one another long letters via fax machine! My 18th birthday gift from my folks was a plane ticket to see her, then the week before I was due to go I met someone else and bailed on the trip only to then get dumped within a week. Not going on that trip is quite possibly my biggest regret to date, not because I think we'd have had any future, but she lived in Santa Barbara and came from a ludicrously rich family thus I'd have had the time of my life (yep, I'm that shallow)

On the other hand, me and my current missus met whilst she was at uni and for our first 3 years together barely saw one another but have lived together 3 years and should be married on new years eve 2012. I think with people like skhimmi and I it's probably for the best any girl we met only had limited contact with us, rather than full immediate exposure and being scared away

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:29 pm

I have been underpaid and I'm fucking furious. I got a pay rise but they've still paid me at the old rate and paid me even less than I got before the payrise! WTF?????

I swear that agency is staffed by completely useless wankers. Last time I emailed them to get more time sheets, it took 3 attempts and nearly a month of beggin before I even got a response.
23.08.08, 04.02.09, 29.10.09, 19.06.10, 12.12.10, 31.12.10, 18.02.11, 21.04.11, 07.07.11, 26.08.11 X2, 24.11.11, 26.11.11, 27.11.11, 13.04.12, 20.08.12, 23.08.13

Clur
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Clur » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:43 pm

Two job interviews last week...

... not looking like I got either...

I thought I nailed the second on too :(

Another Round
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:44 pm
Location: South London

Post by Another Round » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:24 pm

I hate that. I spent a few months at the beginning of the year attending interviews, and there was at least twice I thought I'd more than done enough, only to find out otherwise. Over confidence maybe!!

There's one thing I hate more than that though when job hunting ... and that's getting dicked around by recruitment agencies.
Kingston - 680, SBE - 730, Union Chapel - 770, Kingston 10 - 772, Glastonbury 2010 (Queens Head - 870 / Strummerville - 871), Roundhouse (iTunes 2010) - 881, Strummerville - 1000, Kingston 11 - 1031.

User avatar
McDoug17
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by McDoug17 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:10 pm

Have a sun burnt face from the epicness that was 2000 Trees.
419: Zodiac Oxford, 528: Ansom Rooms Bristol, 566: Academy 2 Oxford, 568: Rise Cheltenham, 620: Cellar Bar Oxford, 671: Town Hall Cheltenham, 725: Rise Bristol, 726: Ansom Rooms Bristol, 970: The Regal Oxford, 1027: The Guildhall Gloucester

Tiamat
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:18 am
Location: Southampton

Post by Tiamat » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm

McDoug17 wrote:Have a sun burnt face from the epicness that was 2000 Trees.
Same here, but also painfully sun burnt shoulders as I forgot to top up on suncream.

Laura?
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by Laura? » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:40 pm

I really don't think that getting a little sunburnt at an awesome fucking festival counts as "everything is shit"!

User avatar
Sport Monkey
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Sport Monkey » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:01 pm

Tiamat wrote:
McDoug17 wrote:Have a sun burnt face from the epicness that was 2000 Trees.
Same here, but also painfully sun burnt shoulders as I forgot to top up on suncream.
Get hold of some Climb On! creme or bar, works a treat.

I'm with Laura? though, and I believe the appropriate response is "get fucked".

User avatar
McDoug17
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm
Location: Swindon

Post by McDoug17 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Laura? wrote:I really don't think that getting a little sunburnt at an awesome fucking festival counts as "everything is shit"!
doesn't count as "everything is shit" but still annoying as hell especially when your face is very very very red
419: Zodiac Oxford, 528: Ansom Rooms Bristol, 566: Academy 2 Oxford, 568: Rise Cheltenham, 620: Cellar Bar Oxford, 671: Town Hall Cheltenham, 725: Rise Bristol, 726: Ansom Rooms Bristol, 970: The Regal Oxford, 1027: The Guildhall Gloucester

Clur
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Clur » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:28 pm

Sport Monkey wrote:
Get hold of some Climb On! creme or bar, works a treat.
This.

I have the worst skin ever when it comes to sunburn. I have got burnt in twenty minutes on an overcast day in April before. Aftersun does not work. This stuff is the only thing I've ever found that actually works and stops you turning into a lizard after the tomato stage.

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

i've lost my and my friend's cambridge folk festival tickets. i'm 95% sure they've gone in the bin. they cannot be reissued.

this is not good at all

FUCKING HELL.

Jamma
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:46 pm

Post by Jamma » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:36 pm

cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt unt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt
cunt cunt cunt cunt cunt

Clur
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Post by Clur » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:56 pm

My boss is totally useless when it comes to paperwork. For the last year, I've taken the post and sorted the invoices. No problems. Then two months ago, he decides, "no I need to start checking all the post myself before hand, rather than afterward".

I've lost count of the number of times in the last 10 years I've told him "DO NOT THROW STATEMENTS AWAY I NEED TO CHECK THEM".

The last two months I've worked two days a week, trying to do four days work in that time. So with the VAT return due next week, I've finally sat down to do the accounts properly, only to find there are half a million invoices missing, the bookkeeper hasn't told me that payments haven't matched up and I've just had an arguement with my boss over the fact that he has thrown statements for the last three months away, giving me no way of cross referencing which invoices are missing.

I could scream or cry.

And I STILL haven't heard anything back from the job interviews...

... and when I get home I have the house to tidy cos its getting valued tomorrow, and there is shit EVERYWHERE. Apparently presentation makes all the difference and we really need to valuation to be as high as possible, so we have enough money in the house. Stupidly, if the house valuation is too low we can't buy it - but we can if its higher - we'll will end up paying thousands more in rent if we can't buy. Go figure.

Andre
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: London

Post by Andre » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:57 pm

greg wrote:i've lost my and my friend's cambridge folk festival tickets. i'm 95% sure they've gone in the bin. they cannot be reissued.

this is not good at all

FUCKING HELL.
Were they signed for when delivered?

Andre
Posts: 691
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:55 pm
Location: London

Post by Andre » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Clur wrote:My boss is totally useless when it comes to paperwork. For the last year, I've taken the post and sorted the invoices. No problems. Then two months ago, he decides, "no I need to start checking all the post myself before hand, rather than afterward".

I've lost count of the number of times in the last 10 years I've told him "DO NOT THROW STATEMENTS AWAY I NEED TO CHECK THEM".

The last two months I've worked two days a week, trying to do four days work in that time. So with the VAT return due next week, I've finally sat down to do the accounts properly, only to find there are half a million invoices missing, the bookkeeper hasn't told me that payments haven't matched up and I've just had an arguement with my boss over the fact that he has thrown statements for the last three months away, giving me no way of cross referencing which invoices are missing.

I could scream or cry.

And I STILL haven't heard anything back from the job interviews...

... and when I get home I have the house to tidy cos its getting valued tomorrow, and there is shit EVERYWHERE. Apparently presentation makes all the difference and we really need to valuation to be as high as possible, so we have enough money in the house. Stupidly, if the house valuation is too low we can't buy it - but we can if its higher - we'll will end up paying thousands more in rent if we can't buy. Go figure.
TL;DR?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests