The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
Rob.S
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:17 am
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Post by Rob.S » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:18 pm

It annoys/worries me that these sort of people probably earn more than us.

I know for a fact that the people I speak to on a daily basis earn at least three times as much as me, but they're all total fucking idiots.

Why did start a career in I.T again?...
Instigator of the 15/06/11 kitten revolution.
Shows: 18/10/09 25/08/10 21/04/11(1k) 13/05/11
Upcoming: LEEEEEEEDS! 26/11/11 27/11/10

Evan
Posts: 1841
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Evan » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:22 pm

There USED to be money in it. USED to be. Now unless you are a super geeky programmer, or a manager, there is nothing
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:28 pm

Evan wrote:There USED to be money in it. USED to be. Now unless you are a super geeky programmer, or a manager, there is nothing
I am both of those, and sadly I must report that there often isn't even then.
218,278,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,981,1000,next:Hammersmith 2011-11-27

Lornaa
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Lornaa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Lewis wrote:Good thing, it's my last exam on friday.
Bad thing, it's a chemistry resit I've ailed 3 times already and need to pass to get into uni. 'Bricking it' doesn't even come close.
You've failed Chem 5 3 times?! Ouchh I have the same one if you're doing that still to learn all the colours though..

Lewis
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 pm
Location: Leeds!

Post by Lewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Lornaa wrote:
Lewis wrote:Good thing, it's my last exam on friday.
Bad thing, it's a chemistry resit I've ailed 3 times already and need to pass to get into uni. 'Bricking it' doesn't even come close.
You've failed Chem 5 3 times?! Ouchh I have the same one if you're doing that still to learn all the colours though..
Nah, F334. Still need to learn reaction conditions and colours though, which is what gets me.
The 15th of every month - Cats And Weird Animals Day.

User avatar
nellied
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: York

Post by nellied » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Jesus, why to people have to be such bitch faced twats?!

I live on my own for uni, but as we move over to Cheshire for our final 2 years I need to move too (too costly in diesel to stay & commute)

Thought I'd share as finances are pretty bad, it was all looking sorted until this week one of the girls has turned into new extremes of uber bitch about it all with totally unrealistic expectations.. so I walked away as another girl offered to share, she then rocked up today & basically said I don't need you anymore I've found somewhere & I'm moving the bf in instead.. so I'm currently screwed & I move out of here tomorrow.

I've picked up some shitty sickness bug & in my out of it state narrowly missed being hit by a car on way back from the practical. I'd really just like a drink but need to stay alcohol free until the 4th when I've got my next set of tests.
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

Lornaa
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 am

Post by Lornaa » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:50 pm

Lewis wrote:
Lornaa wrote:
Lewis wrote:Good thing, it's my last exam on friday.
Bad thing, it's a chemistry resit I've ailed 3 times already and need to pass to get into uni. 'Bricking it' doesn't even come close.
You've failed Chem 5 3 times?! Ouchh I have the same one if you're doing that still to learn all the colours though..
Nah, F334. Still need to learn reaction conditions and colours though, which is what gets me.
Theres so many though! Alevelchemistry.com is a godsend!

Lewis
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 10:08 pm
Location: Leeds!

Post by Lewis » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Lornaa wrote:
Lewis wrote:
Lornaa wrote: You've failed Chem 5 3 times?! Ouchh I have the same one if you're doing that still to learn all the colours though..
Nah, F334. Still need to learn reaction conditions and colours though, which is what gets me.
Theres so many though! Alevelchemistry.com is a godsend!
docbrown.info is awesome for it
The 15th of every month - Cats And Weird Animals Day.

User avatar
Sport Monkey
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by Sport Monkey » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:39 pm

nellied wrote:Jesus, why to people have to be such bitch faced twats?!

I live on my own for uni, but as we move over to Cheshire for our final 2 years I need to move too (too costly in diesel to stay & commute)

Thought I'd share as finances are pretty bad, it was all looking sorted until this week one of the girls has turned into new extremes of uber bitch about it all with totally unrealistic expectations.. so I walked away as another girl offered to share, she then rocked up today & basically said I don't need you anymore I've found somewhere & I'm moving the bf in instead.. so I'm currently screwed & I move out of here tomorrow.

I've picked up some shitty sickness bug & in my out of it state narrowly missed being hit by a car on way back from the practical. I'd really just like a drink but need to stay alcohol free until the 4th when I've got my next set of tests.
nellied, where in Cheshire? We might be able to help.

Monty
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:31 am
Location: Sheffield

Post by Monty » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:26 am

Weighed myself the other day, and was close to 18st. Started a diet, been exercising and lost nearly 5 pounds in 3 days.

Still, not being able to have a takeaway or beer tonight will be shit.

User avatar
Pown
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:46 pm
Location: Sheffield

Post by Pown » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:18 pm

Kenny wrote:Pown-ed :wink:

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:17 pm

It's currently 30 degrees in my office and I'm melting. I HATE summer!
23.08.08, 04.02.09, 29.10.09, 19.06.10, 12.12.10, 31.12.10, 18.02.11, 21.04.11, 07.07.11, 26.08.11 X2, 24.11.11, 26.11.11, 27.11.11, 13.04.12, 20.08.12, 23.08.13

Laura?
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by Laura? » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:18 pm

It's pissing down with rain here. You think YOUR summer is bad?!

User avatar
04rebhop
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:58 pm
Location: Coventry

Post by 04rebhop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:41 pm

All weekend it has been really sunny, but i have been stuck at work. They said on the weather that today (the day i'm not working) is going to be even hotter, but it currently looks like it's going to pour down with rain. Ugh.

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:46 pm

I'll happily swap heat for rain every time.
23.08.08, 04.02.09, 29.10.09, 19.06.10, 12.12.10, 31.12.10, 18.02.11, 21.04.11, 07.07.11, 26.08.11 X2, 24.11.11, 26.11.11, 27.11.11, 13.04.12, 20.08.12, 23.08.13

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest