The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

nadsoliver
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:22 am
Location: London, England

Post by nadsoliver » Tue May 24, 2011 2:24 pm

Luke123 wrote:My god exams are rubbish. At least I've only got GCSE's to wing.
Seconded, and I only have 5 this year, done 2. Doesn't sound hard but it's effing horrible.

Was quite chilled out about everything this morning, and then I had Art and my art teacher gave me lots of things to do and I wanted to cry, right away.
29/06/10, 10/12/10, 21/04/11, 26/05/11, 28/08/11

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Tue May 24, 2011 8:44 pm

I've got my last three exams ever next month. Given that I'm still a student at 24 (25 later this year), it's actually a rather odd feeling.

User avatar
cvarley
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by cvarley » Fri May 27, 2011 5:59 am

Couldn't sleep til about 4 and now I'm up again to revise. Exam in 2 hours. Fuck.
28.8.10 5.12.10 12.02.11 18.02.11

Dougie
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Post by Dougie » Fri May 27, 2011 6:32 pm

Just finished my first 6 day week which will be me for the next month, I could just keel over and cry. Thanks colleagues with cash taking holidays. We’re also getting completely battered from pillar to post for performance which is no fun – senior management won’t accept that it’s shite because we’ve too many people for too few work and there’s literally nothing I can do to improve things if they won’t listen to what’s being said. Sadly apparently that’s not an acceptable answer. First job with responsibilities and it sucks. Don’t think I’ve had a non work related conversation all week and here I am crying about constantly talking about work, the fuckers - don't think my mind can process anything that isn't relating to it. Very much channeling Joe Strummer at the moment “drag yourself to work, drug yourself to sleep, dead from the neck up, by the middle of the week”.

Music and drink are my only saviors.

/whiney rant

User avatar
cvarley
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by cvarley » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Left politics revision until the day before my exam. I'm well and truly fucked.
28.8.10 5.12.10 12.02.11 18.02.11

User avatar
nellied
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: York

Post by nellied » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 am

Everything was amazing, until the end of the last week

My car broke down, cost me £350, my phone got nicked without insurance and cost me £400 to replace and the coach put the prices up on the pony hire for the univeristy championships and that's cost me £260.

I've now woken up and hour late, to find my jeans that don't have a huge rip in the arse aren't dry so i'm stuck in the ones where the whole world can see exactly what underwear i've chosen today, i've missed my first lecture, my replacement phone is refusing to charge beyong 9% and now someone has blocked me in my parking spot so i've missed 2nd lecture too.

I want to go back to last thursday, when i was sat on my bar stool, drink in hand listening to Jim Lockey having a great night.
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:53 am

nellied wrote:Everything was amazing, until the end of the last week

My car broke down, cost me £350, my phone got nicked without insurance and cost me £400 to replace and the coach put the prices up on the pony hire for the univeristy championships and that's cost me £260.

I've now woken up and hour late, to find my jeans that don't have a huge rip in the arse aren't dry so i'm stuck in the ones where the whole world can see exactly what underwear i've chosen today, i've missed my first lecture, my replacement phone is refusing to charge beyong 9% and now someone has blocked me in my parking spot so i've missed 2nd lecture too.

I want to go back to last thursday, when i was sat on my bar stool, drink in hand listening to Jim Lockey having a great night.
£400 to replace a phone? I could have done that for you a lot cheaper...

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:58 am

Pete wrote:
nellied wrote:Everything was amazing, until the end of the last week

My car broke down, cost me £350, my phone got nicked without insurance and cost me £400 to replace and the coach put the prices up on the pony hire for the univeristy championships and that's cost me £260.

I've now woken up and hour late, to find my jeans that don't have a huge rip in the arse aren't dry so i'm stuck in the ones where the whole world can see exactly what underwear i've chosen today, i've missed my first lecture, my replacement phone is refusing to charge beyong 9% and now someone has blocked me in my parking spot so i've missed 2nd lecture too.

I want to go back to last thursday, when i was sat on my bar stool, drink in hand listening to Jim Lockey having a great night.
£400 to replace a phone? I could have done that for you a lot cheaper...
Do you offer special discounts to people who show you what underwear they've chosen today?
218,278,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,981,1000,next:Hammersmith 2011-11-27

User avatar
Pown
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:46 pm
Location: Sheffield

Post by Pown » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 am

My mate just got 2 years for organising a protest

nice.
Kenny wrote:Pown-ed :wink:

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by SB » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Pown wrote:My mate just got 2 years for organising a protest

nice.
Crap. That is shit.

I've spent 4 hours this morning writing Terms of Service and Privacy Policies. Fast remembering why I didn't go in to law. :?

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:38 pm

SB wrote:I've spent 4 hours this morning writing Terms of Service and Privacy Policies. Fast remembering why I didn't go in to law. :?
No-one ever reads those, they just click straight through them. Just copy-paste some random text off wikipedia and take the rest of the afternoon off.
218,278,419,500,533,558,617-620,710,718,970,981,1000,next:Hammersmith 2011-11-27

SB
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by SB » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 pm

skhmmi wrote:
SB wrote:I've spent 4 hours this morning writing Terms of Service and Privacy Policies. Fast remembering why I didn't go in to law. :?
No-one ever reads those, they just click straight through them. Just copy-paste some random text off wikipedia and take the rest of the afternoon off.
Ha! No-one ever reads them but Google will see with its all-seeing-eye and there's the whole duplicate content issue to contend with. Pah. Finished now.

Also had some considerably more shit news that the dad of one of my son's friend's (couldn't make that sound simpler) has just, out of the blue, been diagnosed with cancer & given just a few weeks to live. Literally, just like that. Fuck.

User avatar
longlivethefrank
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Post by longlivethefrank » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Pown wrote:My mate just got 2 years for organising a protest

nice.
what? how?

User avatar
Pown
Posts: 1182
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:46 pm
Location: Sheffield

Post by Pown » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 pm

longlivethefrank wrote:
Pown wrote:My mate just got 2 years for organising a protest

nice.
what? how?
Without sounding like a crazy conspiracy theorist to lots of people... she was behind organising a protest where over 100 riot police turned up and started battering people, turning it into a riot, she organised it (she certainly was not violent0 so got 2 years. Excuse for the government to scare people into not speaking out about the horrifying amount of bullshit going on at the moment.
Kenny wrote:Pown-ed :wink:

User avatar
Luke123
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Oxford-ish

Post by Luke123 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Pown wrote:
longlivethefrank wrote:
Pown wrote:My mate just got 2 years for organising a protest

nice.
what? how?
Without sounding like a crazy conspiracy theorist to lots of people... she was behind organising a protest where over 100 riot police turned up and started battering people, turning it into a riot, she organised it (she certainly was not violent0 so got 2 years. Excuse for the government to scare people into not speaking out about the horrifying amount of bullshit going on at the moment.
That is fucking arse. Christ.
http://soundcloud.com/vagueworld/paid-to-care

http://www.facebook.com/vagueworld
Pete wrote:'Luke, you're 15 and supposed to be down with the kids, how come you don't know the word, you're obviously a weapon'.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest