The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
Duke St King
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 am
Location: Somewhere shit
Contact:

The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Duke St King » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 pm

For someone as young as I am, I'm oft labeled as negative (cos the "yoof" have to be all optimistic, watch BBC3 and jizz at the sight of the cast from Hollyoaks). And I'm not negative, I just have a lot of pet hates, usually in relation to basic etiquette and common decency.

Anyhoo...I find it comforting to know there's a place I can rant at the awfulness of awful things rather than coming across as sociopathic and actually lash out at people on the street, hence this thread...

Currently the thing that pisses me off is spitting. Spitting in a room full of people without thinking "well, maybe people won't be too pleased about me gobbing in full view". The other day someone stood up in my living room, walked over to the bin by the TV and spat in it, then walked back to their seat as if nothing happened, without at least cleaning it out. The only thing that would have been worse would have been if they walked to the middle of the room, dropped trou', crouched down and shat on the carpet.

...even worse are men who gob into urinals...they should at least seperate the 2 gents rooms. Their's can be called "Disgusting Gents" and the symbol can be the familiar stick man with phlegm eminating from the mouth and it's cock out. (EDIT: actually, that might give off the wrong impression...in a George Michael kind of way)

Anyhoo...always interested to hear other people's annoyances...feel free to join in...
I probably hate you

User avatar
Luke123
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Oxford-ish

Post by Luke123 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 am

Accidentally staying up all night.

User avatar
Gerry
Posts: 1493
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Notts
Contact:

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Gerry » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:35 am

Duke St King wrote:For someone as young as I am, I'm oft labeled as negative (cos the "yoof" have to be all optimistic, watch BBC3 and jizz at the sight of the cast from Hollyoaks). And I'm not negative, I just have a lot of pet hates, usually in relation to basic etiquette and common decency.

Anyhoo...I find it comforting to know there's a place I can rant at the awfulness of awful things rather than coming across as sociopathic and actually lash out at people on the street, hence this thread...

Currently the thing that pisses me off is spitting. Spitting in a room full of people without thinking "well, maybe people won't be too pleased about me gobbing in full view". The other day someone stood up in my living room, walked over to the bin by the TV and spat in it, then walked back to their seat as if nothing happened, without at least cleaning it out. The only thing that would have been worse would have been if they walked to the middle of the room, dropped trou', crouched down and shat on the carpet.

...even worse are men who gob into urinals...they should at least seperate the 2 gents rooms. Their's can be called "Disgusting Gents" and the symbol can be the familiar stick man with phlegm eminating from the mouth and it's cock out. (EDIT: actually, that might give off the wrong impression...in a George Michael kind of way)

Anyhoo...always interested to hear other people's annoyances...feel free to join in...
Somebody give this man some authority for Christ's sake.

In all seriousness, in regards to the spitting, I think some people gob in a bin or in the urinal in fear that if they're seen using a hankie or a tissue to depose of said greenie, it may be seen as awkward especially in a social context. I've been guilty of it myself, so I tend to try and wait for an ideal time in which to spit it out, so not to potentially disgust passers-by/friends in the immediate facility.

At the risk of sounding like a modern-day pleb, I reckon you'll benefit from a blog to write your annoyances down semi-regularly. I have one which is comprised of mainly rants, although I've got a few reviews on it as well.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

Duke St King
Posts: 47
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 am
Location: Somewhere shit
Contact:

Re: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread

Post by Duke St King » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Gerry wrote:
Duke St King wrote:For someone as young as I am, I'm oft labeled as negative (cos the "yoof" have to be all optimistic, watch BBC3 and jizz at the sight of the cast from Hollyoaks). And I'm not negative, I just have a lot of pet hates, usually in relation to basic etiquette and common decency.

Anyhoo...I find it comforting to know there's a place I can rant at the awfulness of awful things rather than coming across as sociopathic and actually lash out at people on the street, hence this thread...

Currently the thing that pisses me off is spitting. Spitting in a room full of people without thinking "well, maybe people won't be too pleased about me gobbing in full view". The other day someone stood up in my living room, walked over to the bin by the TV and spat in it, then walked back to their seat as if nothing happened, without at least cleaning it out. The only thing that would have been worse would have been if they walked to the middle of the room, dropped trou', crouched down and shat on the carpet.

...even worse are men who gob into urinals...they should at least seperate the 2 gents rooms. Their's can be called "Disgusting Gents" and the symbol can be the familiar stick man with phlegm eminating from the mouth and it's cock out. (EDIT: actually, that might give off the wrong impression...in a George Michael kind of way)

Anyhoo...always interested to hear other people's annoyances...feel free to join in...
Somebody give this man some authority for Christ's sake.

In all seriousness, in regards to the spitting, I think some people gob in a bin or in the urinal in fear that if they're seen using a hankie or a tissue to depose of said greenie, it may be seen as awkward especially in a social context. I've been guilty of it myself, so I tend to try and wait for an ideal time in which to spit it out, so not to potentially disgust passers-by/friends in the immediate facility.

At the risk of sounding like a modern-day pleb, I reckon you'll benefit from a blog to write your annoyances down semi-regularly. I have one which is comprised of mainly rants, although I've got a few reviews on it as well.
Fucking modern day pleb.
I probably hate you

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 pm

If someone spat in my bin in my eye line I'd kick the dirty git out! If you need to spit go elsewhere, the privacy of the bathroom for example.

I have thousands of pet hates, I'm naturally a narky lass.

I guess bad drivers are the worst for me. People who speed and bitch when they get caught being the main culprit. I come across these everyday at work. Morons.

User avatar
deano
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:53 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by deano » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:56 pm

People who don't indicate when they're driving. Ohhh, that fucking winds me up.
http://www.thetrolleypushers.blogspot.com 28/05/07 - 04/04/08 - 31/07/09 - 16/10/09 - 17/03/10 - 26/08/10 - 18/05/11 - 26/11/11

User avatar
TimMac
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:40 pm
Location: Connecticut

Post by TimMac » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:49 pm

On the topic of driving, passing me is fine, my car is old, it cant go that fast. But when you pass me DON'T FUCKING SLOW DOWN RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:53 am

Some of the things in here...

Spitting in urinals? Really? Here's a tip, stop staring at other gents' Johnson's when you're pissing and you shouldn't see them spit.

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:57 am

How is spitting in a urinal worse than spitting in a bin in someone's living room?

I hate inappropriate spitting, but seeing as you already have urine and feces going down the urinal, I don't seem the problem with a bit of spit as well. If I feel the need to spit when I'm at a urinal, I will do so without worrying about it.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:59 am

greg wrote:How is spitting in a urinal worse than spitting in a bin in someone's living room?

I hate inappropriate spitting, but seeing as you already have urine and feces going down the urinal, I don't seem the problem with a bit of spit as well. If I feel the need to spit when I'm at a urinal, I will do so without worrying about it.
Precisely, I can't stand people spitting all over the place, but in a toilet into a urinal? Rather that than the sink thanks!

Although Greg, you should possibly stop shitting in urinals.

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:13 am

come on, everyone does it sometimes. like pissing in the sink in your room at uni

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:15 am

greg wrote:like pissing in the sink in your room at uni
Hahahahahaha. I'd forgotten I even had a sink in my room at uni. Excellent.

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 am

doing that particular deed became so routine that there were times when i'd have to remind myself not to do it in front of people in my room.

User avatar
longlivethefrank
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Post by longlivethefrank » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:34 am

greg wrote: seeing as you already have urine and feces going down the urinal

woah, woah woah woah, what?

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:36 am

longlivethefrank wrote:
greg wrote: seeing as you already have urine and feces going down the urinal

woah, woah woah woah, what?
See the thread title.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests