All new misheard song lyrics

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
longlivethefrank
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Post by longlivethefrank » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:38 pm

I know! Just next to Margaret it sounded like that, but then I realised it was "my word" so its all groovy.

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:50 pm

longlivethefrank wrote:I know! Just next to Margaret it sounded like that, but then I realised it was "my word" so its all groovy.
It's Marwood surely...

User avatar
longlivethefrank
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Brighton
Contact:

Post by longlivethefrank » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:25 pm

newmy wrote:
longlivethefrank wrote:I know! Just next to Margaret it sounded like that, but then I realised it was "my word" so its all groovy.
It's Marwood surely...
Google lied to me then. :(

User avatar
susanananananaa
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Portugal

Post by susanananananaa » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:56 pm

They cast drunk shadows in the evening sun
But when the morning comes they’ve moved along
"Since when can weathermen predict the weather? Let alone the future!" - Marty McFly

User avatar
Luke123
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:40 pm
Location: Oxford-ish

Post by Luke123 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:50 pm

"I'm still wearing my cup from winter last year"

From the fastest way back home...
http://soundcloud.com/vagueworld/paid-to-care

http://www.facebook.com/vagueworld
Pete wrote:'Luke, you're 15 and supposed to be down with the kids, how come you don't know the word, you're obviously a weapon'.

simonoc
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:19 pm

Post by simonoc » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:50 pm

for ages i was hearing...

We write loves songs at sea
We do politics in jeans
We sing songs about our friends and you buy them


Now I listen to it and have no fucking idea how i did this.

User avatar
Kenny
Posts: 4159
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Teignmouth, Devon

Post by Kenny » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:33 am

simonoc wrote:for ages i was hearing...

We write loves songs at sea
We do politics in jeans
We sing songs about our friends and you buy them


Now I listen to it and have no fucking idea how i did this.
Brilliant.
#4-07.04.05 #11-28.10.05 #28-13.12.05 #34-19.01.06 #70-02.04.06 #93-30.04.06 #144-13.07.06 #169-09.10.06 #227-06.02.07 #285-08.05.07 #421-10.04.08 #526-26.10.08 #528-28.10.08 #725 26.10.09 #726 26.10.09 #816 19.03.10 #1028 24.05.11 #1303-01.12.12

User avatar
IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:11 pm
Location: Lancashire, England
Contact:

Post by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:00 pm

JoeM wrote:I still believe, in the saints
Yeah, in Dairylea and Johnny and all the greats.
That one really got me then hahah :').
Wow, up until now i thought i was alone with the Reasons lyric, i thought it was just me and my invisible llama. But at least some more of us are blonde like me. I guess with Frank you just expect that kind of writing to be normal, no idea why...

Also i was corrected when singing
"We write love songs and sing
And we do politics in June" Haha no idea why.
Last edited by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder on Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
nellied
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: York

Post by nellied » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:20 am

My friend swore blind for ages that it was "wrapped up in her invisible llama" from reasons not to be an idiot. She even tried to oame up with a whole theory as to why Amy would be in a llama. I felt bad ruining it.
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:25 am

nellied wrote:My friend swore blind for ages that it was "wrapped up in her invisible llama" from reasons not to be an idiot. She even tried to oame up with a whole theory as to why Amy would be in a llama. I felt bad ruining it.
That's a very popular one, to be fair. Someone here (I think Emitime, not sure) had an avatar with a diagram of an invisible llama at one point. I think since so many people hear that as the lyric, that is in fact what frank is subconsciously singing to everyone, even if he thinks he's singing the correct lyric.

User avatar
Gerry
Posts: 1493
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Notts
Contact:

Post by Gerry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:29 am

skhmmi wrote:
nellied wrote:My friend swore blind for ages that it was "wrapped up in her invisible llama" from reasons not to be an idiot. She even tried to oame up with a whole theory as to why Amy would be in a llama. I felt bad ruining it.
That's a very popular one, to be fair. Someone here (I think Emitime, not sure) had an avatar with a diagram of an invisible llama at one point. I think since so many people hear that as the lyric, that is in fact what frank is subconsciously singing to everyone, even if he thinks he's singing the correct lyric.
A lot of fans I've seen at Frank's shows (myself included) just sing the Invisible Llama bit for shit and giggles.

Methinks a piece of merchandise making reference to it is in order.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

User avatar
nellied
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: York

Post by nellied » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:37 am

I try to sing llama too but think about, start laughing and miss the lyric

Can someone correct me on sons of liberty - I hear yellow-mance alone. Its makes no sense. But I still sing it.
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:16 pm

nellied wrote:I try to sing llama too but think about, start laughing and miss the lyric

Can someone correct me on sons of liberty - I hear yellow-mance alone. Its makes no sense. But I still sing it.
http://frank-turner.com/blog/lyrics/

User avatar
Karlol
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by Karlol » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:23 am

Just found out that my girlfriend genuinely thought that the lyrics were 'wrapped up in her invisible llama' - funny, but cliche. The truly rib-tickling bit is that she thought it was a reference to the Dalai Lama.
*Face-palm*

h26
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 pm
Location: derby

Post by h26 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:53 am

Gerry wrote: A lot of fans I've seen at Frank's shows (myself included) just sing the Invisible Llama bit for shit and giggles.

Methinks a piece of merchandise making reference to it is in order.
.... or perhaps it could be the title of the new album....? :lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests