6%
not entitled to vote, but wanted to vote on this poll anyway
No votes

Total votes: 32

David

General Election 2010

Post by David » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

come on then, let's be having you!

who are you planning to vote for. hopefully I have included enough options to keep you all happy. didn't include the libertarian party because I think they are a joke because they are only standing in one seat. didn't include the bnp or edp because I am a fascist.
DanIrelle wrote:LAWLZ DAVID eek

greg

Post by greg » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:52 am

BNP. rights for whites

David

Post by David » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 am

well that is pretty decisive. the queen might as well phone him up now.

DanIrelle wrote:LAWLZ DAVID eek

newmy

Post by newmy » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:06 pm

Just look at his pudgy standard-issue boring non-entity face...I still don't get why people are so excited about him. Still, the lesser of 3 evils anyway.

martin

Post by martin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Who's responsible for the green party's vote?
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 pm

martin wrote:Who's responsible for the green party's vote?
I wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll be the only one they get come the 6th.

martin

Post by martin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:53 pm

i'm more concerned for them than for the rest of us.

martin

Post by martin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:53 pm

greg wrote:BNP. rights for whites
oh tibbles, if only you were joking.

Wez

Post by Wez » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:16 pm

None of the above.

None of the possible PM candidates move me enough to blink, let alone go to the trouble of casting an absentee ballot.

With regard to MP, I am not even sure how the absentee thing works, which constituency it would be counted in (I hop around a bit).

My view on the process is, if there is a candidate I really feel inspired by, I vote for them (this has happened once, in local council elections). Otherwise, I don't encourage them. Effectively, if I don't vote, the power of my vote is divided equally between those that do vote. Since I no longer live and work in the UK, I pay no tax there. To hand my vote to those that do, seems at least a reasonable decision.

That said, the primary reason is I don't really give that much of a fuck. I have seen a few elections go by, one change of party. No massive differences really. Tax comes off one thing and onto something else (but generally trends upwards), I am sure events like the Iraq war are decided upon long in advance, by non-elected, but highly influencial people (call me a conspiracy nut if you will, but bad time to be an 'average Joe Iraqi', good time to be a Halliburton shareholder).

I am also in the fortunate position that I have skills which are in demand globally and I am single. If I feel like I would prefer to live someplace else, I can at least make a reasonable stab at doing just that. It is a little self-indulgent perhaps, but to change things by voting, I have to hope the majority agree, by simply putting one foot infront of the other, and repeating as necessary, it allows me to change the political climate in which I am living, A) more drastically and B) single-handedly :). Not everyone is in this position... if that is you... you can have my vote.
"Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end."
—Stephen Hawking

longlivethefrank

Post by longlivethefrank » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm

I'm enjoying the smugness achieved by being a Lib Dem supporter before the debates.

Clur

Post by Clur » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:55 pm

I really hope that people who don't want to vote for anyone, will at least go to cast their vote but spoil the ballot.

I really believe that at acknowledging your right to vote, expressing that you want to vote, valuing your liberty to vote and showing your disgust at the candidates are all important. Spoilt ballots have to be counted and the number recorded.

I hate apathy towards politics, and whilst you might not change anything at least you can say you care and have given your thought and voiced an opinion if you spoil a ballot.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Wez wrote:None of the above.

None of the possible PM candidates move me enough to blink, let alone go to the trouble of casting an absentee ballot.

With regard to MP, I am not even sure how the absentee thing works, which constituency it would be counted in (I hop around a bit).

My view on the process is, if there is a candidate I really feel inspired by, I vote for them (this has happened once, in local council elections). Otherwise, I don't encourage them. Effectively, if I don't vote, the power of my vote is divided equally between those that do vote. Since I no longer live and work in the UK, I pay no tax there. To hand my vote to those that do, seems at least a reasonable decision.

That said, the primary reason is I don't really give that much of a fuck. I have seen a few elections go by, one change of party. No massive differences really. Tax comes off one thing and onto something else (but generally trends upwards), I am sure events like the Iraq war are decided upon long in advance, by non-elected, but highly influencial people (call me a conspiracy nut if you will, but bad time to be an 'average Joe Iraqi', good time to be a Halliburton shareholder).

I am also in the fortunate position that I have skills which are in demand globally and I am single. If I feel like I would prefer to live someplace else, I can at least make a reasonable stab at doing just that. It is a little self-indulgent perhaps, but to change things by voting, I have to hope the majority agree, by simply putting one foot infront of the other, and repeating as necessary, it allows me to change the political climate in which I am living, A) more drastically and B) single-handedly :). Not everyone is in this position... if that is you... you can have my vote.
Wez. I'm going to assume that you've been away from Wilmington for a while so I doubt you've heard that Swanley 'is now BNP' -

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/41414 ... _election/
Stu

Wez

Post by Wez » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 pm

teamescape wrote: Wez. I'm going to assume that you've been away from Wilmington for a while so I doubt you've heard that Swanley 'is now BNP' -

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/41414 ... _election/
Oh, how I would love to be surprised by this. Unfortunately, I am a little too familiar with the average inhabitant of Swanley. Making exceptions of course for my late mother and grandmother.

Speaking of my grandmother, I am almost happy in the knowledge that she is not around to see it. She lived in Holland during the war, and her father was Jewish... you can probably imagine her view on this kind of politics.

Also, she was less of an elderly lady, and more of an elderly *tank*. Haha, god how I miss her, her reaction to this news would have been spectacular.

Someone has to figure out and report on what a bunch of fucking cretins these blokes are, might as well be Swanley... sad to say it, but these days, hard to do much actual damage at least.

Anyone not familiar with Swanley, I will give you a quick impression...

Was walking through with a mate of mine once, in a particular rough part, and some guy comes running out the house at us. "Who wants to fight then?", I considered it a bit strange, two of us, one of him.... I am not the violent type at all really, but I am not especially small, mate neither, and the guy doesn't know us...

Guy is getting a bit mouthy, and I am increasingly confused. until I spot some shadows lurking in the house the guy has just run out of. I immediately clock the game, 1 guy runs out, kicks of with two guys (who are going to assume they have the advantage), other guys come running out of house. Suckers get shit kicked out of them, robbed and most likely stripped and dumped somewhere just for shits and giggles....

Fortunately I happen to speak a bit of 'Swanley', and we managed to calm him down with the kind of passive aggression that avoids looking too much like a pussy (which would probably end up with an arse kicking regardless), yet not 'springing the trap'. These guys basically operate on the 'tribal ape' level and rank somewhere between a lighbulb and watermelon on the scale of 'how difficult to outsmart', but this gives you some kind of idea what can pass for 'sport' in Swanley.

Sad, because I have heard stories of it being such a lovely place.

Kind of bitter irony about BNP in Swanley I guess. Swanley is quite a good place to go if you need to be convinced that 'being a willfully moronic prick' is an equal opportunity role.
"Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end."
—Stephen Hawking

tosh

Post by tosh » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:32 pm

64 % Lib Dem?! Interesting.

I'm voting SNP. "They can never take our freedom."

(kidding)
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

teamescape