The I FUCKING LOVE COMPUTER GAMES/VIDEO GAMES Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

benb

Post by benb » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm

I played Dragon Age and thought it was crap, the graphics were awful and the storyline appeared to be pretty dull, I decided to play as a Dwarf and couldn't find how to get out of the damn town I started in as the only way out was blocked by a cart and some people. I quit and it saved automatically telling me I'd played for an hour, in which my boss called my sister a whore and my mum insulted me. I wasn't able to kill either of them. Fail. So I was very surprised to find out it was getting glowing reviews.

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:56 pm

sounds like a pretty successful saturday night to me
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.
rockface wrote:So Beans on Burnt Toast then?

Tony

Post by Tony » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:07 pm

There is an online Java based version of Quake. This is rather well done.

www.quakelive.com

I'm Radio_Protector.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:47 am

Tony wrote:There is an online Java based version of Quake. This is rather well done.

www.quakelive.com

I'm Radio_Protector.
I got far too hooked on that in the run-up to exams...

Skryler55

Post by Skryler55 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:18 pm

Poetofthedeed wrote:skryler? for fucks sake

and, for some reason, i've stopped getting emails telling me about new comments on this thread

maybe cause i haven't been on recently

but that's because i've stopped getting emails

fucking internet
what?

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:54 pm

YOUR EXISTENCE
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.
rockface wrote:So Beans on Burnt Toast then?

aza484

Post by aza484 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Poetofthedeed wrote:YOUR EXISTENCE
You're doing it again.

Stop it.

Kilobyte

Post by Kilobyte » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:27 pm

So, on a completely unrelated-to-the-current-discussion note, but a quite-related-to-the-thread-topic one, my WoW account has been hacked.

Haven't played it in a few months now, but it's still active (till early December), and just got an email notifying me the password had been changed. I swiftly changed it. And several minutes later, they'd changed it once again.

Long story short, I'm waiting on a reply from Blizzard, my two main characters have most of their gear gone, and I'm breathing fire.

I don't even play it anymore. But these hackers have gone and messed with MY property. And there will be vengeance. Oh, yes.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Kilobyte wrote:I don't even play it anymore. But these hackers have gone and messed with MY property. And there will be vengeance. Oh, yes.
Jesus wept.
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:24 am

Kilobyte wrote:So, on a completely unrelated-to-the-current-discussion note, but a quite-related-to-the-thread-topic one, my WoW account has been hacked.

Haven't played it in a few months now, but it's still active (till early December), and just got an email notifying me the password had been changed. I swiftly changed it. And several minutes later, they'd changed it once again.

Long story short, I'm waiting on a reply from Blizzard, my two main characters have most of their gear gone, and I'm breathing fire.

I don't even play it anymore. But these hackers have gone and messed with MY property. And there will be vengeance. Oh, yes.
I was so proud of myself for kicking the WoW habit a few years back. Soul-sucking life-destroying awesomeness that it is.

Nevertheless, kill all hackers. Revenge must be served (straight out the freezer).

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 am

This looks rather interesting but it PC only..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFhrAqYzIfc

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Left 4 Dead 2.

LEFT 4 DEAD TWO!

I HAVE IT!

:D

Kilobyte

Post by Kilobyte » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Chris Twat wrote:Left 4 Dead 2.

LEFT 4 DEAD TWO!

I HAVE IT!

:D
Mine's downloading now! :D I won it in a contest at http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=163373 . They were giving away 5 copies, and to win you had to write a love-poem to the Spitter. :P
Saved me £30-odd quid, so I am mucho-happy.

And yeah, since my WoW account was hacked, I'm now running anti-virus/spyware scans through about 5 different programs to see if I can find a keylogger/trojan present.

EDIT: These virus/spyware scans are also, annoyingly, what's stopping me from playing L4D2 now that it's finished downloading. Can't play it (at a decent FPS anyhow) with so much scanning taking place.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:56 pm

Someone hacked my MSN once a few years ago. Started spreading amongst my contacts that I was a gay.

I made a promise to myself that if I ever found out who it was, I would break their knees and proceed to rape them :twisted:

I envy you for having L4D2 :(
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

benb

Post by benb » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:07 pm

I played L4D2 earlier this week and gotta say I wasn't overly keen on it, I love anything zombie related and adored the first game, but the second one just didn't excite me as much, the first campaign is really quite dull, the second one was much better but still didn't make me want to play anymore of it, despite the new guns, characters and enemies it just didn't interest me too much, which was a real shame, at least Dead Rising 2 is out early next year, hopefully.

Anyone got Assassin's Creed 2? Played that as well and it's a fantastic game, much, much, MUCH better than the first.