The I FUCKING LOVE COMPUTER GAMES/VIDEO GAMES Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

benb

Post by benb » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:50 pm

I've been playing FF games since VII, but still, this is crazy. Apparently the linearity of it ends around 30hrs. Yeah, the Crystarium is good, but no where near as good as X's system, that was fucking ace. The Paradigm shift is brilliant, that and the staggering system has made for some great boss fights so far.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Dragon Age.

I like wizards n' shit in computer games.

And what?
Stu

David

Post by David » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

DanIrelle wrote:LAWLZ DAVID eek

Sweeney

Post by Sweeney » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:11 pm

That's a shame.

Heaven forbid we switch from the stream of violence being pumped into our mind via Sky News and play each other at Fifa.

The children who are playing violent games are likely to be those who's parent's just don't give a toss.

I'd sooner let my child play Mario than watch an episode of Eastenders.
THE BREAKING OF THE BACK WAS THE MAKING OF THE MAN

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 pm

There's a brilliant irony in the fact that after all my years of shooting people in the head in games like GTA, it has never made me feel as violent as watching that TV programme.

That woman needs a bitchslapping. And linking violence in games to the Bulger killing - fuck off. Surely the fact that one of the killers was found to have a mental age of three is more of an issue?

Playing Starcraft 2 beta at the moment - really good shit but got it off a friend and am running it on my shit laptop so all graphics settings are low/off and I still get the occasional message telling me Im slowing down the game >_< I think Blizzard ask for your computer specs when you apply for the beta so there's no way I'd have got it on my own.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:16 pm

Ha Pac-Man has been seen in space

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8594101.stm

I've now got an urge to go and play it.

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:11 pm

heavy rain, thoughts anyone?
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.
rockface wrote:So Beans on Burnt Toast then?

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 am

Poetofthedeed wrote:heavy rain, thoughts anyone?
A barely interactive film that you pay 40 quid for. Not my cup of tea.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:33 pm

I've recently bought FF13, not gotten around to playing it properly yet though.

As long as its better then number 12 then I'll be happy.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:37 pm

Gerry wrote:I've recently bought FF13, not gotten around to playing it properly yet though.

As long as its better then number 12 then I'll be happy.
Which was that really fucking lame FF where all the characters were female and it was pretty much aimed at teenage 'GRRRRRRRRRL POWER' girls? X-2?

That was shit.
Stu

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:18 pm

Exactly. If the main charecter is a pussy to begin with, at least build up on how they grow out of being such a fucking pansy. Don't keep them like that for the whole game.

Another thing about FF games. Square Enix seems to have a fat one for making characters with deep personal tragedy with no substance to it what so ever. I wouldn't mind so much but it seems like every other character is "out to avenge their murdered fuck buddy". I'd love to see a game where an office worker has a really bad day and goes on a violent rampage like in that film with whatshisname in it, not another one with some whiney little emo ladyboy with emotional problems fighting a dragon.

But of course if the former was made into a game, it'd be verbally raped by posh cunts on the alan titchmarsh show. If they don't want their children playing computer games, they should at least talk to them about the dangers of real life.

I'm off to jump on mushrooms and turtles. Maybe I'll bang my head into bricks held inexplicablly in the air by some supernatural force in a vain hope for coins.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 pm

I misread what you wrote Teamescape.

FFX-2 was the one with an all girl party. Very gash

FF12 didn't involve a whole girl party although it was difficult to tell at time. It was just as gash though

Jethro

Post by Jethro » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Been playing a bit of the latest Splinter Cell. A little disappointed to be honest. Instead of like in the old games where it tracked you're progress through the mission and gave you a better score at the end for remaining undetected and knocking people out instead of killing them, its now a case of shhot everyone in the head with a silenced pistol and pull out an AK47 if they find you... Its still pretty good, but doesn't deserve the high scores it has. I was hoping for something reminiscent of the older SC games or Hitman (considering Blood Money was released ages ago), but it almost feels more like CoD at times =|

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:49 am

Played Mirrors Edge, was shit. Seriously, I think I died more times in that game than I have in all other games I've ever played.

Finally got around to playing COD4 Modern Warfare. It was alright, a bit too macho bullshitty to me and the story is too short. I'm not up to playing online with the inexplicably angry 12 year olds yet. Actually, they've probably all moved on to the second one.

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:02 pm

New L4D2 DLC today. So I need to buy some points and a gold subscription. I can't really afford it but I'm sure as hell going to do it anyway.