The I FUCKING LOVE COMPUTER GAMES/VIDEO GAMES Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:18 pm

The ninteno official magasine once said "this game is so frustrating, that the wavebird will live up to it's name and fly accross the room" Not about MM but still, a very funny line
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.
rockface wrote:So Beans on Burnt Toast then?

Chrisbrfc

Post by Chrisbrfc » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Poetofthedeed wrote:Saw the E3 conference for it a while back, it looked really scripted, and fairly unnoriginal,

Of course it was scripted, how else would they organise the show, so that the game was actualy representative of what it did.

Its a huge step forward in terms of interactive gaming... could be huge/may flop though
Last edited by Chrisbrfc on Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

DanIrelle

Post by DanIrelle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 am

The only thing I want to say about this is that I used to LOVE locking Lara Croft's butler in the freezer. I'm done.
Aprils wrote:Now we've just got DaniEreEllle

Kilobyte

Post by Kilobyte » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 am

DanIrelle wrote:The only thing I want to say about this is that I used to LOVE locking Lara Croft's butler in the freezer. I'm done.
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Also, shooting him on the shooting section of the obstacle course.
Although when the bullets knock him over, he just gets back up again.

benb

Post by benb » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 am

Kilobyte wrote:But a Playstation 1, if you name several games you had for it, is extremely easy to infect people with the Nostalgia virus.
I still have my Final Fantasy VI-IX, Metal Gear, Heart Of Darkness and the criminally under released Future Cop, which was an 18th birthday present from my best mate 4 years ago, all of those sit alongside my 360 games despite my PS2 being in the loft. I bought Abe's Odyssey at the end of uni off ebay but foolishly had it sent to my uni house after moving home, d'oh, they have/are about to release Odyssey and Ethe PS3, that and MGS4 are the only things I am jealous of PS3 owners.

As far as current gen goes, GTA is still bringing it, yet to play Ballad of Gay Tony yet but it looks terrific, Dead Space was awesome, if you like scary/sci-fi/scary sci-fi games go get it, Borderlands is my current poison though, two of my matse, both of whom who liked Fallout 3 said it's Fallout without the boring bullshit, personally I played through the section as a kid (yawn) and then got into that town with a big bomb in it, I went into a bar, snuck into the fluffy kitten, stole a load of stuff and went to leave and somehow the barman knew I had his stuff without even seeing it was gone. Bullshit. I'm not a big COD fan but I'm getting Modern Warfare 2 next week.

edit: As far as Lara Croft goes, anyone play the original on the PC? The programmers managed to sneak a cheat in to make her naked, lolz. Also I used to love making her jump off the top of her staircase head first and breaking her neck. Or drowning her.

Is the door over there? I'll be leaving now.

DanIrelle

Post by DanIrelle » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:22 am

Drowning her was AMAZING. She had a proper spazz.
Aprils wrote:Now we've just got DaniEreEllle

boom

Post by boom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 am

benb wrote:I bought Abe's Odyssey at the end of uni off ebay but foolishly had it sent to my uni house after moving home, d'oh, they have/are about to release Odyssey on PS3
good to hear...ridiculously good game..as is Abe's Exodus...they just dont make em like that anymore

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:25 am

On the subject of PS1 Pandemonium is the best game. Just ever.

Left 4 Dead 2 is coming out in a couple of weeks. I've got that extremely pre-ordered.

boom

Post by boom » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 pm

Chris Twat wrote:On the subject of PS1 Pandemonium is the best game. Just ever..
Command and Conquer for me (all 3)...i know its primarily a PC game but nothing has ever hit the spot quite like it

will try Pandemonium

David

Post by David » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:36 pm

DanIrelle wrote:The only thing I want to say about this is that I used to LOVE Lara Croft's butt.
DanIrelle wrote:LAWLZ DAVID eek

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:01 pm

thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:23 pm

boom wrote:
Chris Twat wrote:On the subject of PS1 Pandemonium is the best game. Just ever..
Command and Conquer for me (all 3)...i know its primarily a PC game but nothing has ever hit the spot quite like it

will try Pandemonium
I couldn't get into C&C on the playstation, it was too much of a pain to move the cursor around. I had it on the pc though, I think I spent the majority of a summer holidays playing it one year. I was not a cool child.

aza484

Post by aza484 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:43 pm

benb wrote:
edit: As far as Lara Croft goes, anyone play the original on the PC? The programmers managed to sneak a cheat in to make her naked, lolz.
Urban legend. Eidos leaked the naked lara code for the first 3 games, but all of them just made her explode if you entered it, lol. Cheeky Eidos bastards :P

On the other hand, the Nude Raider PC mod was real... :shock:

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:07 pm

eidos made hitman didn't they

rather epic series of games
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.
rockface wrote:So Beans on Burnt Toast then?

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:46 pm

David wrote:
DanIrelle wrote:The only thing I want to say about this is that I used to LOVE Lara Croft's massive Tits.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.