The I FUCKING LOVE COMPUTER GAMES/VIDEO GAMES Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Gerry

The I FUCKING LOVE COMPUTER GAMES/VIDEO GAMES Thread

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Basically discuss what you love about Games, what you hate about games, the latest games, the oldest games. blahblahblahblah.....

You get the idea.

Discuss!

I fucking love Fallout 3, watching people get blown to bits in slow-motion just never gets old for me.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:23 pm

I've thought we could do with one of these AND HERE IT IS!

Fallout 3 probably in my top 3 computer games of all time; absolutely love the game (Final Fantasy VII and the original Metal Gear Solid probably being the others seeing as you asked).

Only thing with Fallout is how much of a ripoff it is for all the DLC. Only alternative is to buy the Game of the Year edition as it works out cheaper but will mean I end up with two copies of the game.

Currently playing FIFA having completed Batman the other day. But by God that's a good game too.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Do what I'm gonna do, give the spare actual game disk to a friend who hasn't played it and keep the add on for yourself.

I enjoyed batman, although it was a bit short and it frustrated me up to the point where I said Cunt infront of my mum.

I've recently bought F.E.A.R, which truely fucking shits me up proper.

Best horror themed game I've played is without a doubt, Bioshock.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:50 pm

i shit myself when i saw this thread

thank god

but yeah

i gotta say, metal gear solid 2
the legend of zelda series
metroid series
super smash brothers

i am something of a nintendo man overall
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.
rockface wrote:So Beans on Burnt Toast then?

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:53 pm

Gerry wrote:I enjoyed batman, although it was a bit short and it frustrated me up to the point where I said Cunt infront of my mum.
mehehehe

good game
Poetofthedeed wrote:he sounds exactly like beans on toast, except a bit more black.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Good choice Poet,

I feel SSBBrawl was abit of a let down. The story mode could have been so much better, but Fucking Sonic the Hedgehog has to save the day by doing some high acrobatical spins just like real Hedgehogs don't.

I think Nintendo would have been given alot more respect if they hadn't announced Sonic at all previous to the release. It'd had made a fucking brilliant suprise.

I still have a soft spot for Melee.

MGS is quite epic too, If abit film-y (Far too many long cutscenes)

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:56 pm

I thought Batman was pretty good overall but the boss battles were all pretty weak as the combat system doesn't lend itself very well to big battles.

As for scary games, I'm not a massive fan but Resident Evil 4 was very good at maintaining a low level of suspense at all times rather than going for the big BOO! moments (like the first game and the dogs jumping through the windows)

And I never got the MGS2 love; thought that was the worst one of the series.

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:59 pm

MGS3 was my personal fave.

I think if Batman is going to work in future games, it should take full advantage of the fantastic rogue gallery from the comics instead of the lamearse "Titans". I did like how they got the original voices in the cartoon to play them again. Mark Hamill as the Joker and such.

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm

MGS2 is a bit of a love it or hate it ordeal

a lot of people loathe the long cutscenes and philosophical babbling, but it really worked for me, as well as the many difficulties, and dog tags, which gave it plenty of replay value

and on the subject of brawl

sonic = shit

although if he was completely unanounced, that would have been epic
and if he could fight at all

i've never got round to playing RE4, but i've been told it's pretty immense, it's on my to do list

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:01 pm

Gerry wrote:MGS3 was my personal fave.
i liked the gameplay a lot more in snake eater, but the story was just a bit irrelevant, and they destroyed the replay value, unless you really want to go around shooting frogs

which i don't

i keep double posting, gah

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 pm

RE4 is amazing for this if nothing else;

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:03 pm

so i've heard

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:07 pm

I guess I must like shooting Frogs then, The replay value came from getting all the different types of Camo and seeing how long you could go without getting caught and killing someone (which is really hard)

Sonic may has well have done a hadouken on that big blue dr manhatten thing at the end of brawl.

I do like the LOZ games, although they are samey. Apart from Majora's Mask which was fucking epic and had a fantastic dark humour to it.

Poetofthedeed

Post by Poetofthedeed » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Majoras mask is actually just.....gjkdfngaodrgjgh[ptiojtheth

the music in OoT and MM is pretty immense aswell

and the bosses

and the...fuck it, you get the idea