Jethro

Post by Jethro » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:37 pm

teamescape wrote:
devilsadvocat wrote:Not really
Brilliant.
Not really

longlivethefrank

Post by longlivethefrank » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Emitime wrote:As much as I do love the Daily Mash, that article does seem a little off to me.

Surely most of those protesting are already students, and as such aren't going to take the brunt of the cuts. Their departments are going to suffer, and as such probably their education a little bit (?), but they aren't going to be any worse off from it all.
I also don't understand why they've decided to go with the line that all of the protesters were middle class...

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 pm

longlivethefrank wrote:
Emitime wrote:As much as I do love the Daily Mash, that article does seem a little off to me.

Surely most of those protesting are already students, and as such aren't going to take the brunt of the cuts. Their departments are going to suffer, and as such probably their education a little bit (?), but they aren't going to be any worse off from it all.
I also don't understand why they've decided to go with the line that all of the protesters were middle class...
It's the daily mash for fucks sake! Its supposed to be provocative and witty, not unbiased news. I thought you guys were a few levels above the Newcastle fans on the footie forum I use who start whinging when they take the piss out of us, but obviously not!

longlivethefrank

Post by longlivethefrank » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:19 am

Pete wrote:
longlivethefrank wrote:

It's the daily mash for fucks sake! Its supposed to be provocative and witty, not unbiased news. I thought you guys were a few levels above the Newcastle fans on the footie forum I use who start whinging when they take the piss out of us, but obviously not!
haha, I'm not offended, just don't quite get it.

this on the other hand http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/soci ... 011093232/
won with the last line

Emitime

Post by Emitime » Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:50 am

Pete wrote:
longlivethefrank wrote:

I get it... it just isn't a very witty or provocative article if it misses the point somewhat. There are still a few great lines in it mind, just the money thing didn't make sense to me. They don't always get it right, but when they do its fantastic. I did love the one about Newcastle's delusions breaking into the real world though.

Bigby

Post by Bigby » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:14 pm

So it appears that Chris T-T is some kind of twitter superhero. But will he use his new found powers for good?

http://twitter.com/#/search/christt

Edit: Ok if anyones got Chris' number then give him a call and tell him to get back on twitter, journalists are trying to get hold of him.
Last edited by Bigby on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexapalooza

Post by Lexapalooza » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Bigby wrote:So it appears that Chris T-T is some kind of twitter superhero. But will he use his new found powers for good?

http://twitter.com/#/search/christt
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... CMP=twt_gu

Emitime

Post by Emitime » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:16 pm

I was just reading that Guardian article thinking "this is fucking genius". Then I got to the "The online campaign was started by @christt" line.

Amazing.

Bigby

Post by Bigby » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:22 pm

Both the BBC and The Guardian are trying to contact him on twitter for interviews but he hasn't been on in a while so those messages could get lost anoungst all of the other people telling him he's a "legend".

Lexapalooza

Post by Lexapalooza » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:23 pm

I will text him now

Bigby

Post by Bigby » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:37 pm

BBC's technology guy is apprently still trying to get in touch with Chris:

http://twitter.com/#/ruskin147/status/3119441587998720

I want Chris T-T on Question Time damnit!!

newmy

Post by newmy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Bigby wrote:BBC's technology guy is apprently still trying to get in touch with Chris:

http://twitter.com/#/ruskin147/status/3119441587998720

I want Chris T-T on Question Time damnit!!
That would be fucking unreal.

smige2

Post by smige2 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:26 pm

RickM

Post by RickM » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:32 am

Whoever knew Politicians would be such liars :!: