The TV Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Post Reply
User avatar
dave-monk
Posts: 320
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: Not up fucking north!

Post by dave-monk » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:22 am

DanIrelle wrote:The only person to ever physically attack jeremy kyle was from chesterfield - I learned today

He's a fucking cunt and deserves to be attack by everyone on earth. Fucking utter utter utter wanking piece of shit. Twat.


On a lighter note my cousin might be on that demons program tomorrow. Look out for him, he's playing a kiddy version of Van Helsing. gonna be fun.
"Last night was an A1, tip top clubbing jam fare, it was a sandwich of fun, on extasy bread, wrapped up in a big bag like disco fudge, it does get much better than that, i just wish i could CONTROL THESE FUCKING MOOD SWINGS!"

User avatar
DanIrelle
Posts: 2230
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: The crooked town/Nottingham
Contact:

Post by DanIrelle » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:24 am

benb wrote:There's only been one?
I was waiting for this...or something along similar lines.
Huzzah!

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:37 am

The Thick Of It.

Written by Armando Ianucci AND the writers from Peep Show? YES. Destined to be a winner from its conception.

I cannot believe I've only just got round to buying this, and have completed watching the 6 episodes in a day. Genuinely some of the funniest comedy ever. I don't give 2 shits that Chris Langham was done for kiddie porn, fuck the kids (terrible pun noted), he is hilarious as the hapless minister for social affairs. (And was also the genius behind another comedy that flew embarrasingly under the radar of the comedic tastes of the great british public "People Like Us")

I am now desperate to see the 2 specials they made which I don't believe have made it to dvd yet. There's also rumours of a film for 2009, I cannot wait.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:46 pm

newmy wrote:The Thick Of It.

Written by Armando Ianucci AND the writers from Peep Show? YES. Destined to be a winner from its conception.

I cannot believe I've only just got round to buying this, and have completed watching the 6 episodes in a day. Genuinely some of the funniest comedy ever. I don't give 2 shits that Chris Langham was done for kiddie porn, fuck the kids (terrible pun noted), he is hilarious as the hapless minister for social affairs. (And was also the genius behind another comedy that flew embarrasingly under the radar of the comedic tastes of the great british public "People Like Us")

I am now desperate to see the 2 specials they made which I don't believe have made it to dvd yet. There's also rumours of a film for 2009, I cannot wait.
Didn't even know Ianucci had a hand in that show. In light of this, I'll see if I can get hold of it. Have you seen the Armando Ianucci Show? Fucking odd, yet brilliant.
Stu

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:08 pm

teamescape wrote:
newmy wrote:The Thick Of It.

Written by Armando Ianucci AND the writers from Peep Show? YES. Destined to be a winner from its conception.

I cannot believe I've only just got round to buying this, and have completed watching the 6 episodes in a day. Genuinely some of the funniest comedy ever. I don't give 2 shits that Chris Langham was done for kiddie porn, fuck the kids (terrible pun noted), he is hilarious as the hapless minister for social affairs. (And was also the genius behind another comedy that flew embarrasingly under the radar of the comedic tastes of the great british public "People Like Us")

I am now desperate to see the 2 specials they made which I don't believe have made it to dvd yet. There's also rumours of a film for 2009, I cannot wait.
Didn't even know Ianucci had a hand in that show. In light of this, I'll see if I can get hold of it. Have you seen the Armando Ianucci Show? Fucking odd, yet brilliant.
I honestly can't recommend it enough. If you're feeling thrifty, then my research would suggest that all the episodes including the specials are on youtube. The dvd was dirt cheap from amazon tho, and totally worth it as there's quite alot of bonus scenes etc.
Saw some of the Ianucci show yeah. I wasn't as convinced by it as his other stuff, but it was still pretty ace.

User avatar
radioprotector
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:51 am
Location: plymouth, uk

Post by radioprotector » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:10 pm

the new doctor who has a MASSIVE forehead

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:29 pm

newmy wrote:
teamescape wrote:
newmy wrote:The Thick Of It.

Written by Armando Ianucci AND the writers from Peep Show? YES. Destined to be a winner from its conception.

I cannot believe I've only just got round to buying this, and have completed watching the 6 episodes in a day. Genuinely some of the funniest comedy ever. I don't give 2 shits that Chris Langham was done for kiddie porn, fuck the kids (terrible pun noted), he is hilarious as the hapless minister for social affairs. (And was also the genius behind another comedy that flew embarrasingly under the radar of the comedic tastes of the great british public "People Like Us")

I am now desperate to see the 2 specials they made which I don't believe have made it to dvd yet. There's also rumours of a film for 2009, I cannot wait.
Didn't even know Ianucci had a hand in that show. In light of this, I'll see if I can get hold of it. Have you seen the Armando Ianucci Show? Fucking odd, yet brilliant.
I honestly can't recommend it enough. If you're feeling thrifty, then my research would suggest that all the episodes including the specials are on youtube. The dvd was dirt cheap from amazon tho, and totally worth it as there's quite alot of bonus scenes etc.
Saw some of the Ianucci show yeah. I wasn't as convinced by it as his other stuff, but it was still pretty ace.
It's a bit like Jam in places - really difficult to get your head round it.
I'd rather buy DVDs than watch them online or download them, which is kind of strange considering I end up using my laptop to play them anyway. CHEERS NEWMY.

Anyone checked out/heard anything about Wonder Showzen at all?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UdL2jiM601U

It got banned, if that makes anyone more inclined to watch it. Watching that clip will give you a rough idea why.
Stu

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:33 am

Jam is one of the most surreal TV shows ever. Equally disturbing as it is unbelievably hilarious because it's just so bizarre. Gotta love that one off man mental Chris Morris (see what I did there).

User avatar
DanIrelle
Posts: 2230
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: The crooked town/Nottingham
Contact:

Post by DanIrelle » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:09 pm

radioprotector wrote:the new doctor who has a MASSIVE forehead
haha I was thinking that

katie
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:53 am

Post by katie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:13 pm

DanIrelle wrote:
radioprotector wrote:the new doctor who has a MASSIVE forehead
haha I was thinking that
but such a pretty face!

User avatar
Emitime
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:15 pm
Location: LDS

Post by Emitime » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:10 pm

teamescape wrote: Didn't even know Ianucci had a hand in that show. In light of this, I'll see if I can get hold of it. Have you seen the Armando Ianucci Show? Fucking odd, yet brilliant.
I'd never seen it. But I was shown this and just cried with laughter.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eqmjWCk36C8

User avatar
DanIrelle
Posts: 2230
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 pm
Location: The crooked town/Nottingham
Contact:

Post by DanIrelle » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:46 pm

It's been lovely to be reunited with Damian Lewis these last couple of days. My flu has provided me with the time to watch most of the Band of Brother's boxset. Boo ya.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:34 pm

I can't see any note of it, probably because no one would admit to it / everyone has less spare time on their hands of an evening, but is anyone watching celebrity big brother? I normally hate the show but did enjoy the celebrity one with Barrymore, Burns, Galloway, Rodman, Marsh, etc and this one is shaping up even better. Coolio is fucking hilarious (massive cunt, but just a big kid who loves to shit-stir in a very funny way) and the challenges are ace. Watching them all mimic each other yesterday was brilliant and the nominations being revealed was also highly amusing. Terry Christian didn't look pleased...

I'm a loser

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:22 pm

Anyone watched the first two Scrubs episodes yet? I thought they were great, Courtney Cox is annoying as fuck though, luckily she's only in it for three episodes, I'm hoping her exit is at the hands of The Janitor and an axe. Looks to me that the writers want to end the show on a high after season 7.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Ben. Your avatar is actually amazing.
Stu

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests