Introduce Yourself

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

ktg

Post by ktg » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:14 pm

I'm in Broomhall (the less dodgy bit i'd like to think). Yeah i've tried to cut my facebook groups down to ones that aren't just completely pointless, without much luck really.

Did you make it to the hundred reasons leadmill gig last wednesday? Was a good a night, didn't think too much of the support though.

Foxy

Post by Foxy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:45 pm

yes i did, and i agree, second ones especially-singer doing the whole faux american accent thing.
Hundred Reasons were pretty good, theyre tight as hell these days-although sad they didnt play breathe again. I was wearing a hundred reasons shirt with the kill your own hologram in red thing and a million dead hoodie, and i have blonde hair on the slight chance that that rings a bell!
Been to these:

08.06.05 12.04.06 20.10.06 30.04.07 21.09.07 03.04.08 10.05.08 08.08.08 23.08.08 27.08.09 29.10.09 (x2) 19.12.09 24.03.10 12.12.10 27.11.11 13.04.12 23.07.12

donnymatt

Post by donnymatt » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:12 pm

hello people!
Been listening to franks stuff for some time now but dint know about this forum till i went on the hunt for tabs. now im here ill take a look around..........

ktg

Post by ktg » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:14 pm

haha yeah the fake american accent made even more hilarious by the fact he actually had a thick welsh accent!
erm, there was a blonde guy next to me but he sounded like a northener, hope you enjoyed yourself anyhow.

Simmy

Post by Simmy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:55 am

Name: John R Simpson

Hiya.

skhmmi

Post by skhmmi » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:00 pm

Simmy wrote:Name: John R Simpson

Hiya.
Yay, more Mancs!

Homewrecker

Post by Homewrecker » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:15 am

Name: Chris

And Hello to you.
if nothing matters anymore then bring on the fucking dark ages

whywontyoulisten

Post by whywontyoulisten » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:28 pm

Er...hello. Is this thing on? *tap tap* *feedback whine*

I'm James, I'm 25 and from Taunton in Somerset...aka the backside of beyond. I play bass guitar and sing, although have difficulty doing both at the same time (or seperately, come to think of it). I should be in a band but I'm not. Instead I spend my time listening to and watching other people doing what I would do if I wasn't a lazy fucker. Some of my favourite bands include Smashing Pumpkins, Sahara Hotnights, Thea Gilmore, Kent, New Order, Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Echobelly, Sarah McLachlan, Megadeth, Elastica, Hundred Reasons, Doves, Ladytron, I Love You Baby!, The Charlatans, The All Janet, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives, Idlewild, Isolation Years, Lene Marlin, The Goo Goo Dolls, JJ72, Placebo, Muse, The Raveonettes (can you see a pattern yet? No? Good, I like it that way)...oh and I kinda like some band called Million Dead too, even though I arrived a bit late on the scene, and only managed to catch them live once (Bristol Louisiana 16-09-05 - absolutely blistering gig, where Frank proved that there is no need for a microphone...just shout louder). Oh yeah and I only have Harmony No Harmony. At first I wasn't so keen on the "post harcore" sound, but Frank's lyrics kept me listening, until eventually my amoeba of musical taste expanded and absorbed another genre. I lurked a bit on the MD forum, but didn't see much point in joining as everything was about to come crashing to an end. So then I found Frank's acoustic stuff, and as always the lyrics are superb...I'm already a fan of shouty loud acoustic music so I found it much easier to love. If he didn't make proper records etc he'd be the world's greatest busker.

These are two great artists/bands that I'll probably plug the hell out of if I don't see people mentioning them on the board, so have yourself a listen now...I don't want to end up as a fucking spambot, but can't help myself sometimes. The first one is a passionate shouty folky acousticy solo artist called Zoe Konez...she's fucking amazing live (and has a Z at both ends of her name...how cool is that?)...so much energy, and a brilliant guitarist...she also plays electric in a couple of bands (The Turner Prize and Badgers Are English Bears) who I think would appeal to MD fans if anyone's allowed to be one of those anymore.

http://myspace.com/zoekonez

Oh yeah, and Frank, if you're ever in Hastings and looking for a gig, you're welcome to play Zoe's "Listen" Acoustic Night at The Rooms. Or just tour with her. Yeah, that'd be good. Anyway...

http://www.myspace.com/listenacousticnight

The second is another must-see live, especially if you like distorted guitars, screaming, harmonies, finger-bleeding fretwork (but never wanking), psychedelia...they hate comparisons, but if you like Pumpkins, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Nirvana...that sort of stuff, you'll know where they're coming from.

http://myspace.com/locionline

So then, that's an introduction to me. And other people. And if you think that was long, you should see my...

...goodbyes.

rob

Post by rob » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:09 am

Hi i am Rob
London, Greenwich
Ex million dead groupie
Student studying masters in world trade and development

Music makes the world go round
Running is my life, run half marathons,10k's and 5k races
Everyone should join Hands Off Venezuela, a grassroots campaign telling people about the bolivarian revolution happening there, went to Venezuela and the people are truly inspiring and creating a new society out there

Mark

Post by Mark » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:29 pm

Hello,

Look at me I am new.

I'm Mark, the music editor for OneMetal.com, based in Nottingham, and I have been known to write for Total Guitar Magazine.

And I am really old

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Mark wrote:Hello,

Look at me I am new.

I'm Mark, the music editor for OneMetal.com, based in Nottingham, and I have been known to write for Total Guitar Magazine.

And I am really old
How old is "really" old? I feel really old, but it's Monday.

Hello.

Mark

Post by Mark » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:53 am

Evan wrote:
How old is "really" old? I feel really old, but it's Monday.

Hello.
erm 35... but I feel much older

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:05 am

Wow! I am no longer the oldest person here. I feel somewhat...erm...younger?

Nick

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:02 pm

I'm from Nottingham. "Represent"
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

forgottofollow

Post by forgottofollow » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:39 pm

Loughborough, gun crime capitol now bitch