Introduce Yourself

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

DecanoLP

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by DecanoLP » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm not really good at writing a personal text about me - particularly in English but I'll have a try =)

My name ist Nico, I'm 19 years old and I live close to Hamburg which is in the northern part of Germany.
The first time I heard of Frank Turner and his music was at the Olympics one year ago. I really enjoyed the performance but unfortunately I didn't caught up on his music until January 2013. Huge mistake in retrospect but oh well... Better late than never! :D
Well, I fell in love with this music, especially his lyrics are absolutely incredible. So far, I've only seen him live twice (in Hamburg in May and at the Hurricane Festival in June) but I'm already looking forward to the third time this Hamburg in September. It really bothers me that I didn't discover Frank any earlier since I'm attending concerts since 2008 and I'd be able to see tons of his (small) shows that way :( Well, shit happens...
My favourite Frank Turner album is Love, Ire & Song and I would kill to hear some "unknown" songs (St Christopher Is Coming Home, Jet Lag or Take You Home) live in September. My all-time favourite song might be Long Live The Queen though. Perfect lyrics I can relate too very well. Other honourable mentions: Love Ire & Song, Reasons Not Be An Idiot, The Real Damage and Try This at Home.

My hobbies are playing soccer and tennis, reading books, meeting my friends at parties, music and everything that is concerned with computers, mainly the internet.
Of course, I don't always listen to Frank, there are lots of other bands I love, for example Anti-Flag, Beatsteaks, Biffy Clyro, Billy Talent, Bryan Adams, Coldplay, A Day To Remember, Comeback Kid Die Toten Hosen, Donots, Emil Bulls, Eminem, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach, Parkway Drive, Rise Against, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Sum 41, Zebrahead and some German hardcore bands. Pretty mixed musical taste as you can see =D

If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me =)

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi. That's definitely an introduction to yourself.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:04 am

I agree, I feel poorly about mine now hahaha :) welcome!!
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

coolguy

Post by coolguy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:25 pm

Hi from Wisconsin usa

michaeloates8671

Post by michaeloates8671 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:11 am

The name is Michael and I am from the lovely state of South Carolina in the United States. Not much about me other than I discovered punk rock at 14, and since I have had a passion for music of all kinds. Joined here because I think Frank is one of the best fucking song writers around right now. He really knows how to paint imagery in his lyrics, which is something music lacks these days. So, anyway its a great pleasure meeting all of you guys!

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Welcome! To all the "new" Americans here, here is some advice: This fall, GO SEE FRANK LIVE! As much as you love his music, it is the most awesome live music experience. Any drive is worth it. His tickets aren't expensive, and carpool to save gas money. You will never be sorry. :)
shows? 90 so far...

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:40 am

Yes, agree on seeing him live.

Now if the Aussies would just wander in, I could have both of my nationalities represented.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

jdc

Post by jdc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:02 am

Hi all - my name is Josh (I've already introduced myself to Frank via email, and his graciousness was actually part of the reason I dove in head first). I've had friends recommend that I listen to Frank on and off for a few years, but laziness/financial interests stopped me from looking very seriously. It now turns out that he is playing a few blocks from my place - and after proper investigation, steered by the man himself, I'm the proud owner of several Frank Turner albums and two tickets to his show in Silver Spring, MD on Thursday. If any of you are planning to attend, I'll be happy to make some new gig buddies! (I'm bringing a friend who generally likes live music, but had not heard of Frank until I asked if she would attend with me).

Let me know if you're going - shoot me a PM or whatever else and we can maybe have a chat at the show!

Cheers.

BelvedereJr

Post by BelvedereJr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 am

I am Michael,

From Stourbridge, England... Now i live in Los Angeles, CA.

Hello all.

kim182

Post by kim182 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:51 pm

heyhey,

I'm Kim, 24 years old and finally made it here.
I just moved to Heidelberg, before i lived in Trier. So you can guess i'm from Germany.

Luckily i got the chance to become an event-manager and worked at a concert location (Exhaus) during my training, my new job is not as nice as it was before, because concerts are much more interesting than fairs.
Frank played at the Exhaus in 2010, that was the first year i saw him, few weeks before was the Area4 Festival, Frank and blink-182 played. :mrgreen:
Blink-182 is the band which influenced my taste in music. Could have been worse.

Any more questions? Just ask.
I hate this place but i love these chords

martyn

Post by martyn » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:47 am

Hello All ....

Late to the party ... but amazing album TDH

I am Martyn and i am from the UK :D

Would like to see Frank live soon.

eskay881

Post by eskay881 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:59 pm

My Name's Shaun, 24, Sunderland

I went to a FT gig, after mt friend had a spare ticket. I'd never really heard of his music then. I went and had one best gigs of my life, I now have every album and LOVE him :) Can't wait until next tour

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:38 am

Hi, Cassie here. I was born and raised in Milwaukee, and am, gulp, 31 years old (how that happened I have no idea). I am pretty new here. I didn't see this at first, and I guess I thought I should follow suit. I am a lifelong music lover and only heard of FT a few months ago. I loved his music, mostly his lyrics, instantly and looked him up and was able to actually see him live recently and had a blast. I sent Frank an embarrassingly gushing email about how awesome he really is, and was super touched that he actually takes the time to respond to his fans. I just discovered this little online cult...er...community, (Just a joke, relax) and am pleased to find that he really does have great fans. Happy to meet all of you!

hermoine

Post by hermoine » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:21 pm

Hi

I just realised, after being a member for a number of weeks, that I have yet to introduce myself. Sigh. My name is Hermoine, and I'm from South Africa. Frank's music is scarce over here, I discovered it streaming an American radio station (thanks, FM94/9!!). I have been well and truly hooked since then, and hope to be able to see Frank (and the Sleeping Souls) sometime before the 2000th show rolls around!

Ashleytasticbamf

Post by Ashleytasticbamf » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Ashley and I'm from New Orleans, USA. I'm 19 and I've been addicted to Frank Turner's music since for almost five years. I just had the bright idea to join the forum. (I'm very observant if you can't tell.)