Introduce Yourself

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

frank
Site Admin

Post by frank » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:03 pm

frontiersman wrote:Hi, my name is Tomás, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Well, my english sucks, so I'll try to do the best I can. I knew Frank Turner by his Bad Religion cover (My poor friend me, one of my favourites songs). Then I started listen to his songs and albums (Sleep is for the week and Love, Ire & Song) and Million Dead's albums (I love that band, it's amazing).
Now I'm a big fan of him, I hope someday I could see him play live in my country.

Bueno, perdón por mi inglés, realmente me costó mucho escribir los anteriores párrafos. Saludos a todos desde América del Sur, espero ser bienvenido!
Hey Tomas, welcome!
Shows? All of em.

"He's like an Uncle, I like him but I don't want to listen to him all day."

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Well, my english sucks, so I'll try to do the best I can. I knew Frank Turner by his Bad Religion cover (My poor friend me, one of my favourites songs). Then I started listen to his songs and albums (Sleep is for the week and Love, Ire & Song) and Million Dead's albums (I love that band, it's amazing).
Now I'm a big fan of him, I hope someday I could see him play live in my country.

Bueno, perdón por mi inglés, realmente me costó mucho escribir los anteriores párrafos. Saludos a todos desde América del Sur, espero ser bienvenido!
No problemo, no intiendo y no hablo espanol. Hola.

That's it, I'm out on my GCSE Spanish.

Laura?

Post by Laura? » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 pm

Uno cerveza por favor.

That's the extent of my standard grade spanish.

10YearsGone

Post by 10YearsGone » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Embarrassingly recent fan here - only since this summer. My name is Cheryl and I live just outside Washington, DC.

Managed to catch him in both Baltimore and Philly. Hope for more when he comes back to do the support tour here in the US in the spring.

kj11

Post by kj11 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Hello FT forum

My name is Kerrie. I've been a massive Springsteen fan for 23 years and a massive FT fan for 12 days!

Very much looking forward to my first show in London in a couple of weeks and hope to learn all the words by then so I can sing a long (badly)! :)

frontiersman

Post by frontiersman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:42 pm

frank wrote:

Hey Tomas, welcome!
Hi, Frank. Thanks!
Pete wrote:

Hola! Gracias por intentar hablar un poco de español, se entendió, igualmente. Thanks.

Laura? wrote:Uno cerveza por favor.

Hahahaha, I think that this is one of the most important phrases of my language.

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:59 pm

frontiersman wrote:
frank wrote:

Hey Tomas, welcome!
Hi, Frank. Thanks!
Pete wrote:

Hola! Gracias por intentar hablar un poco de español, se entendió, igualmente. Thanks.

Hahahaha, I think that this is one of the most important phrases of my language.
There were some Spanish people at work today. They asked me to speak to them in Spanish as they didn't understand English. In order to demonstrate the extent of my abilities, I said "Una cerveza por favor". I think it worked.

Welcome btw. I loved Argentina when I visited, especially Bueons Aires. I went to see a Divididos gig, it was really great fun. It was apparently quite special as it was the first with their new drummer. Are you a fan of theirs?

h26

Post by h26 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:13 pm

newmy wrote:
frank wrote:

There were some Spanish people at work today. They asked me to speak to them in Spanish as they didn't understand English. In order to demonstrate the extent of my abilities, I said "Una cerveza por favor". I think it worked.
did they buy you a beer then? :wink:
Shows? nowhere near enough of 'em!

frontiersman

Post by frontiersman » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:59 pm

newmy wrote:
frontiersman wrote:
frank wrote: Hey Tomas, welcome!
Hi, Frank. Thanks!
Pete wrote: No problemo, no intiendo y no hablo espanol. Hola.

Welcome btw. I loved Argentina when I visited, especially Bueons Aires. I went to see a Divididos gig, it was really great fun. It was apparently quite special as it was the first with their new drummer. Are you a fan of theirs?
The story of "una cerveza por favor", was very funny, hahaha. I think I'd have the same problems if I had to speak in english with someone on the street. A couple of times I had to give directions to tourists here in Buenos Aires and, well... I do not know if they have understood.

Divididos is one of the oldest and most important rock bands in my country. I saw them live a few times, but I'm not a fan. My parents loves their music, that's why I grew up listening to Divididos.
And yes, they have a new drummer, they are all great musicians.

Fez R Uz

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Fez R Uz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi was previously a member here but my profile etc got lost in a combination of computer crash,limited tecnical know-how and and a worsening memory ( human not PC)
Anyhow ...
I'm John although some people know me as Joe ! I answer to anything pretty much !

Am Manchester based and just wanted to say am really and I mean really, you know Child at Xmas excited that I'll be at The Manc apollo tomorrow night

C'mon on , ave it and other such things we say round these parts

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:41 pm

Fez R Uz wrote: Am Manchester based and just wanted to say am really and I mean really, you know Child at Xmas excited that I'll be at The Manc apollo tomorrow night

I share your excitement. Very much looking forward to being in my second favourite English city, to see my second favourite English artist.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

marowak

Post by marowak » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:45 pm

im so seriously gutted i only get to go to one of these shows ... i'd like to be young, rich and free again to go to more gigs
06 06.3 08.8
07 04.4 11.5 17.5 08.6 10.11
08 28.3 21.04 13.6 06.7 06.9
09 11.1 06.2 21.4 10.10 29.10
10 23.3 16.7 12.12
11 12.2 12.5 30.5 27.11
12 13.4 28.11 28.12x2
13 10.1 24.6 11.7 12.7
14 12.2 13.2 14.9 17.12
15 29.1 02.2 13.8 7.11
16 10.12 12.12

Fez R Uz

Post by Fez R Uz » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:48 pm

Evan wrote:
Fez R Uz wrote: Am Manchester based and just wanted to say am really and I mean really, you know Child at Xmas excited that I'll be at The Manc apollo tomorrow night

I share your excitement. Very much looking forward to being in my second favourite English city, to see my second favourite English artist.

obviously have to ask... the city and artist top of the pops for you ?

Lotta

Post by Lotta » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Hej,
Lotta from Stockholm, Sweden. The dark time of the year has started here, so I need something to do during the long winterdays- and nights. I hope I find it here :wink:

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Fez R Uz wrote:
Evan wrote:

obviously have to ask... the city and artist top of the pops for you ?
London, and Half Man Half Biscuit.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.