Introduce Yourself

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder

Post by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Pete wrote:They've just started advertising. I had to check wikipedia as it looked so dreadful I couldn't believe their membership claims (in the millions), but apparently it's been going a few years and was linked to facebook previously. To answer your question, it is a very shit sounding dating site. Even makes Match sound deep and meaningful
Shit, for a second there i almost started a discussion :/. eek. No i don't actually use Zoosk, i mean there might be teens out there that like Barnsley pedophile chic, not me though. They have to have those big sexy thick glasses mmm...i'm joking. But yeah it does look shit. Oh great it's like making fun of chavs with no teeth but online, it's like a degrading game of Guess Who.

And also, aside from the Zoosk thing, i think it's great that more and more people are picking up Poetry Of The Deed. Mint album!. Although i do find myself getting more and more into Sleep Is For The Week.

Tonight

Post by Tonight » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi, I'm Matt, from London, and I'm just an average student.

I first came across Frank when someone asked me if I'd heard of him as he was going to see him at Brixton. I went home and checked out some of Frank's songs: I was instantly taken by 'Reasons Not To Be An Idiot'. I was tempted to buy tickets, but I felt I didn't really know enough of Frank's songs and I'd have to venture into Brixton.

Recently I saw 'Reasons Not To Be An Idiot' song sitting in my starred list on Spotify and gave some other songs a listen... The rest is history.

Just recently I've been looking at some tour diaries, and I absolutely love the concept of 'In It For The Tank'

(I also like a few MD songs)

darlenet.

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by darlenet. » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:22 am

frank wrote:you know the drill, even if you were a regular on the MD board or whatever, what's your name and where'd you come from?

My name is Darlene from the USA, Florida actually. I newly discovered Frank while seeing Social D. in Orlando. Blown away by the lyrics and energy. Have downloaded (even paid for it) all Frank's stuff, and am pissed about all the missed opportunities to see him live. Hopefully, many US visits to come.

MonkeyWrench

Post by MonkeyWrench » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Greetings. I found Frank on Spotify (I have no money to buy cds) and loved it from the start. And as cheesy and cliched as it sounds, some songs really helped me through the tough times this past 18 months or so.

As for me, I'm in Cardiff, studying for my Masters in Sport Psychology, love playing hockey. I'd list other bands I like, but that'd take too long and I doubt you really care all that much.

Jay59

Post by Jay59 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:46 am

Hey Jay from the midlands
Love: Frank, Gaslight Anthem, Bruce Springsteen and Dylan
Singer/Songwritter influenced by the above
Would love to support Frank on stage one day (Fingers crossed)
One Song Can Change It All.

Klepsydra

Post by Klepsydra » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Klepsie here, from Nodnol.

Got into Frank's music via a fairly roundabout route; my best friend (and bassist in my band -- plug!) has a brother who directs films, and a year or so ago said brother was all "Oh you have to check this guy out I met in New York, he's an incredible songwriter".

He cued up "Photosynthesis" on Youtube for us and that was that, we were Frank fans from that moment on. We're awaiting the new album eagerly and I just managed to squeeze into the Camden surprise gig on Friday as my first experience of FT live, which in turn made me get around to joining the forums.

Like Jay59 and probably every other hopeful musician here, would love to support Frank some day, though I'd settle for being able to write songs half as good as his.
<b>The Donutsh</b>, North London's least conforming and most individual band. We are all Strange Jane.

holly

Post by holly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:25 pm

Iyerrrrr, my name is Holly and I live in the terribly exciting county of Lincolnshire.. I'm eighteen and hoping to go to university in Newcastle in September to study English Language.
Green Day's shows at the LCCC and Wembley introduced me to Frank's music which I'm ever so grateful for because I've been hooked ever since. I also saw him at Leeds Festival and met him in the NME singing tent. I'm very much looking forward to the new album and hope to be able to catch a few dates on the tour and hopefully these shows at Leeds and Manchester which were mentioned the other day..

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:29 pm

Newcastle is ace. Enjoy. And even if you don't like football on the whole, take in a game at St James', has to be done if you're living there.

holly

Post by holly » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

Yeah, from visiting it seems a pretty great place and I've had a lot of people go on at me about how great the nightlife is which is definitely a plus. Hah, thanks, I'm not a massive football fan in general although I do enjoy going to matches just for the atmosphere really, I'll make sure I check it out at some point :)

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodispl ... l-8410671/

Would have given anything to be there at this point on Saturday...

Nightlife is good, avoid the bigg market.

Ajster67

Post by Ajster67 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:37 pm

I'm Anthony from Chicago.

I heard of Frank Turner the first time from a skinhead in a bar singing Love Ire & Song. I went home listened to the rest of his stuff and have been a fan ever since!

lgb1969

lgb1969 in da house

Post by lgb1969 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:36 pm

Hello all - my name is Leslie Brown I am a 40+yo IT Project Manager in the oil industry in Aberdeen. First saw Frank live at TinthePark last year (2010) - NME Stage on Sunday morning graveyard shift. Never heard any Million Dead stuff or saw them in the past and it was my 18yo nephew who tipped me off about Frank's stuff in 2008/09.

Started off going to see live music in 1985/86 - Transvision Vamp, WonderStuff, Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Carter USM, Manics, CAST, Travis, James, Oasis (at Knebworth), U2 (at Wembley for PopMart).

Love live music and always make the effort to get there in time to see the support acts as you never know when the next Travis, Ned's Atomic Dustbin or Courteeners are going to be there supporting your current favourite act.
Currently into The View, The Courteeners, Langhorne Slim, FRabbit, Mumford and Frank - but can't resist a good old headbang with the Biff :twisted:
Last edited by lgb1969 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10-Jul-10 - TitP2010,; 16-Feb-11;11-May-11;05-Aug-11;25-Nov-11;13-APR-12; 08-JUL-12 so far 18-NOV-12 & 07-DEC-12 to come
"You and I, we've got a lot that we need to talk about"

IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder

Post by IGaveMyEyesToStevieWonder » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:03 pm

Wow, it's really nice to see this place getting more members (hopefully all active posters). I always wondered what Newcastle was like, have a friend near there.

Jay59 wrote:Hey Jay from the midlands
Love: Frank, Gaslight Anthem, Bruce Springsteen and Dylan
Singer/Songwritter influenced by the above
Would love to support Frank on stage one day (Fingers crossed)
Just wondering Jay. Have you heard Frank's "Thunder Road" cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=805kmeqmH3I

SB

Post by SB » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi All,

I'm Suze, 26 I stumbled across Frank somewhere and have been an evangelist ever since (I'm here so my friends don't have to listen to my inane mutterings about songs, lyrics, potential gigs etc.) I'm sure this feels somewhat like the beginning of an AA meeting, not that I would know, obviously.

I'm an eclectic mixture of vintage-loving, punk/folk/rock listening, G&T drinking and complete and utter geekdom.

SBx

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 am

I'm Evan. I've been here for years. I have been going by Lexapalooza recently, but Lexapalooza is taking a little nap, so I don't want to use that account until she wakes up.

I'm 34. I like cake, kittens and vinyl records.