63%
I would definitely NOT go
13%
I would go depending on the bill
25%

Total votes: 8

tosh

Post by tosh » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:43 pm

I said I would go depending on the bill. But then again I would probably end up feeling bad for not going, so I'd likely show whatever the weather.

I'd be happy to help in "street teaming" type ways, promoting it in Edinburgh atleast.

My two cents: If you want this to be a success, get a good fair few Scottish bands to play. People are becoming increasingly fond of up and coming Scottish acts, and I know alot of people who go to their gigs purely for that reason alone. Patriotism and all that.
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:17 am

tosh wrote:I said I would go depending on the bill. But then again I would probably end up feeling bad for not going, so I'd likely show whatever the weather.

I'd be happy to help in "street teaming" type ways, promoting it in Edinburgh atleast.

My two cents: If you want this to be a success, get a good fair few Scottish bands to play. People are becoming increasingly fond of up and coming Scottish acts, and I know alot of people who go to their gigs purely for that reason alone. Patriotism and all that.
Yup, I'm currently compiling a list of Scottish bands that would be awesome to put on (and hopefully Evan will agree). I'm also spending Saturday getting a venue booked hopefully.

And yeah, some help for Edinburgh promo would be helpful :)

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:23 am

I think it would be shockingly poor taste to not make the majority of the bill Scottish.

kenco

Post by kenco » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:30 am

another venue suggestion: ABC2.
Listen, do you smell something?

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:52 am

Evan wrote:I think it would be shockingly poor taste to not make the majority of the bill Scottish.
And of course, it's a universal fact that's not widely acknowledged that Scotland produces the best music.

Darius Danesh
Jimmy Somerville
Me.
Kenny Leckie

Need I go on?

:P

tosh

Post by tosh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 am

DaveHughes wrote:
Evan wrote:I think it would be shockingly poor taste to not make the majority of the bill Scottish.
And of course, it's a universal fact that's not widely acknowledged that Scotland produces the best music.

Darius Danesh
Jimmy Somerville
Me.
Kenny Leckie

Need I go on?

Also fairly sure that Theatrefall woulkd play - I'm sure the only reason Blair hasn't offered is becaus he's not see nthis thread yet.

I would suggest getting Twin atlantic and/or Frightened Rabbit. Both bands sold out a pretty good venue in Edinburgh a short while back, so there's high demand. Also I have a couple of friends in bands who would love to get involved - I can link you up to their profiles if need be
Barry wrote:
I'm out

KatyS

Post by KatyS » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:07 am

i would almost defo come, it would just depend on the date etc. i would suggest this great band from aberdeen:

www.myspace.com/edgarprais

DaveHughes

Post by DaveHughes » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:20 am

tosh wrote:
DaveHughes wrote:

Darius Danesh
Jimmy Somerville
Me.
Kenny Leckie

Need I go on?

Also fairly sure that Theatrefall woulkd play - I'm sure the only reason Blair hasn't offered is becaus he's not see nthis thread yet.

I would suggest getting Twin atlantic and/or Frightened Rabbit. Both bands sold out a pretty good venue in Edinburgh a short while back, so there's high demand. Also I have a couple of friends in bands who would love to get involved - I can link you up to their profiles if need be
Cheers!

Since it's very early days, if folk do have any suggestions, please just email me at dave -at- davehughesmusic dot co dot uk and I'll compile a list.

tosh

Post by tosh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:27 am

KatyS wrote:i would almost defo come, it would just depend on the date etc. i would suggest this great band from aberdeen:

www.myspace.com/edgarprais
seconded!

my suggestions are:

edgar prais
frighteend rabbit
twin atlantic
We were promised jet packs
dirty modern hero
theatrefall, 'obv'

got loads more but i think those could draw in quite a good crowd
Barry wrote:
I'm out

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:39 am

Can I just follow on from Dave's post, and say that we will consider and listen to everyone, but a final decision on the bill will be a joint decision between Mr Hughes and Lexpalooza, and will not be made for a number of weeks, if not a couple of months. We're starting the ball rolling early as it makes life easier in the long run, but experience has taught me that rushing into things will always bite you in the arse.

Speaking from my own perspective, it is highly important to me that anything bearing the name of Lexpalooza be of the quality that we deem fit. Consequently, the extra time spent organizing this should hopefully reflect in the day itself. I am obviously nervous about working with someone new, and putting something on in a place I am unfamiliar with, but if Dave's enthusiasm is any reflection on how this will work out, then I have every confidence this will rival the London event, and become a regular event of it's own

tosh

Post by tosh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:58 am

Is it going to be a weekend thing yeah?

As far as I'm aware, all the uni's in Scotland changed their timetable to match Edinburgh uni's - which means exams in May. I know it's not that important, but just a thought to consider as alot of the audience/perhaps even bands will be students and May is a pretty busy time.

oh and also;
kenco wrote:another venue suggestion: ABC2.
also agree with this.
Barry wrote:
I'm out

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Good point, well made. Defintely worth thinking about.

And yes, it will be a Saturday

random_128

Post by random_128 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:45 pm

DaveHughes wrote:

Darius Danesh
Jimmy Somerville
Me.
Kenny Leckie

Need I go on?

you missed out david sneddon

this sounds brilliant, would definitely (x 1,000,000) go.

edit: would also, obviously, be "pleased as punch" to help out in any way i could.
23.01.06, 26.01.06, 11.07.06, 16.11.06, 01.02.07, 01.02.07, 26.04.07, 13.09.07, 14.04.08, 23.10.08, 28.08.09, 15.10.09, 11.07.10