Page 1159 of 1160

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:20 am
by newmy
Pete wrote:Never been, may go next year as some mates had a very good time this year. May go to Argentina instead. We'll see.

I wouldn't normally talk for Evan but I do believe he wasn't there either
I've been to Argentina. I've not been to 2000 Tress. I'd go to Argentina if I were you.

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:08 am
by edwardgledson
I have to submit my essay assignment next week, feeling bore...

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:15 am
by Venomous_Bear
Everyone else says "TO THE FORUM" out loud when they login, right?
It's fun, especially at Starbucks*.

*when people can hear you over the freeform jazz

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:34 am
by darlenet.
Since it seems like everyone has an opinion to share on something these difficult days, I thought I'd resurrect this thread. I just want to say that I listened to Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees a lot today. I felt better. That's all.

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:05 am
by Venomous_Bear
darlenet. wrote:I just want to say that I listened to Me First and the Gimmee Gimmees a lot today. I felt better. That's all.
Holy shit.

Their live albums are the reason I know the words to so many showtunes.

Also, hi :)

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:55 am
by darlenet.
Venomous_Bear wrote: Holy shit.

Their live albums are the reason I know the words to so many showtunes.

Also, hi :)
HaHa. They are catchy tunes! Hi, there back!!

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:56 pm
by michaellimn
first post here yay! :wink:

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:09 pm
by michaellimn
I'm so glad that I came across to this forum, hosted by Frank himself! Wow! :D :D

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:52 am
by darlenet.
michaellimn wrote:first post here yay! :wink:
Welcome, Michael! This is a pretty cool forum. There are many music lovers that have many experiences to share here. And some sarcastic "old timers" (they are my favorites) with great insight. Also a great place to trade tickets. Enjoy!

darlene

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:36 pm
by michaellimn
darlenet. wrote:
michaellimn wrote:first post here yay! :wink:
Welcome, Michael! This is a pretty cool forum. There are many music lovers that have many experiences to share here. And some sarcastic "old timers" (they are my favorites) with great insight. Also a great place to trade tickets. Enjoy!

darlene
Thank you for the welcome Darlene!
I'm definitely enjoying this place so far! :wink:

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:36 pm
by reitzel6570
I work for New York State government, and the way people get promotions in a civil service job is by taking a test and getting on a list. I annoyingly have to take a test in September that's scheduled the morning after a concert in Philadelphia, and the day before another one in Pittsburgh.

Here's a sample question.

You have delegated a work project to two unit supervisors and have asked them to collaborate on it. Later, you observe two employees strongly arguing about which one of them is responsible for a certain activity within the work project. The arguing employees work for different units. Which one of the following actions is most appropriate for you to take in this situation?
A. Intercede in the employees’ argument and settle it.
B. Meet with the unit supervisors of the two employees and inform them of the situation you observed.
C. Inform one unit supervisor of the situation and ask this supervisor to take care of it.
D. Set up a meeting that includes both unit supervisors and both employees to resolve the situation.

Obviously the answer is E. Back away quietly and pretend you didn't hear anything.

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:21 am
by darlenet.
reitzel6570 wrote:Obviously the answer is E. Back away quietly and pretend you didn't hear anything.
I go with F. Assign people to a focus group to determine who will serve on the subcommittee. Then both groups meet back with recommendations. Which will then be not implemented until more data collection is done. By then, the project dies from inertia.

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:00 am
by Venomous_Bear
reitzel6570 wrote: You have delegated a work project to two unit supervisors and have asked them to collaborate on it. Later, you observe two employees strongly arguing about which one of them is responsible for a certain activity within the work project. The arguing employees work for different units. Which one of the following actions is most appropriate for you to take in this situation?
A. Intercede in the employees’ argument and settle it.
B. Meet with the unit supervisors of the two employees and inform them of the situation you observed.
C. Inform one unit supervisor of the situation and ask this supervisor to take care of it.
D. Set up a meeting that includes both unit supervisors and both employees to resolve the situation.

Obviously the answer is E. Back away quietly and pretend you didn't hear anything.
I think it's D, but I am definitely more of an A person. Keep in mind that I have, indeed, been fired for "insubordination", after confronting my boss and having an open and frank discussion about her management style. Soooooooo

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:15 pm
by reitzel6570
Venomous_Bear wrote:I think it's D, but I am definitely more of an A person. Keep in mind that I have, indeed, been fired for "insubordination", after confronting my boss and having an open and frank discussion about her management style. Soooooooo
Actually, the correct answer is B, per this explanation: "The two unit supervisors are collaborating on the work project and therefore giving the assignments. You should meet with them and tell them about the employees’ argument. The unit supervisors should be informed about the point of contention and the fact that the two employees had a heated argument. The unit supervisors must then work out a way to handle the situation."

*sigh* I figure I'll be taking this test on about 5 hours sleep, and I'll probably need about 5 hours to finish. Lots of other exciting types of questions -- like the ones where you have to take 4 sentences and put them in the proper order. Should be good times.

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:53 am
by michaellimn
reitzel6570 wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote:I think it's D, but I am definitely more of an A person. Keep in mind that I have, indeed, been fired for "insubordination", after confronting my boss and having an open and frank discussion about her management style. Soooooooo
Actually, the correct answer is B, per this explanation: "The two unit supervisors are collaborating on the work project and therefore giving the assignments. You should meet with them and tell them about the employees’ argument. The unit supervisors should be informed about the point of contention and the fact that the two employees had a heated argument. The unit supervisors must then work out a way to handle the situation."

*sigh* I figure I'll be taking this test on about 5 hours sleep, and I'll probably need about 5 hours to finish. Lots of other exciting types of questions -- like the ones where you have to take 4 sentences and put them in the proper order. Should be good times.
Good luck with your test! :D