The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Tomasz wrote:On the trailer for his new series there are some numbers attached to a lampost:

6, 10, 25, 32 and 47

If these come out on Wednesday I will probably vomit. I'm putting them on just in case, probably win a tenner :(

Let's keep this to ourselves though, just in case yeah ;)
Pete wrote:
Tomasz wrote:The way to really impress everybody would be release the numbers today. Sure, we'd all win nothing as it'd be split 500,000 ways, but it'd be damn impressive to see that! World news, made for life stuff. But he's not, which makes me wonder why not, which leads me to my explanation...
Now that I could see being a camelot marketing ploy - imagine the ticket sales if he released what he thought would be 4 of the numbers and left the other 2 for people to guess. People are idiots and would lap it up.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:13 pm

..and also give him the "in" that he needs to get the numbers faster than broadcast (if there's not a live audience?)...

conspiracy!
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Ha, i'm done with this til Wednesday... Actually until Thursday morning - it clashes with the England game.

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Just after the ingurlund game isn't it?

you'll be thinking about it all night...
Pete wrote:Sometimes, I wish I was a dog on a swing.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Those numbers have been spread around the net, so quite a few people will probably be trying those out. Check www.derrenbrown.co.uk/blog

I highly doubt that the trick will be down to a broadcasting delay, where he cheats by actually knowing the numbers after they're released when the audience think it's live. I could be wrong, but that's not really in the spirit of his work. Plus, revealing that he knew the numbers due to a broadcasting delay would not make for a good programme on the Friday.
Last edited by Kirsty on Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:23 pm

Hahaha, no, i'll be thinking about far more exciting things like mathematical calculator functions (the instruction book to my calculator is my bus home reading tonight. Awesome)

Prester John

Post by Prester John » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Fucks' sake, I didn't really need that "TERROR BOMB PLOT VERDICT" shit coming up now. Apart from making me work more, it means i'm greeted by the frankly retarded features of Assad Sarwar every time I go on a news site.

Prester John

Post by Prester John » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:52 pm

Also, Abdullah Ahmed Ali's martyr video is fucking retarded. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7604808.stm

Amanda

Post by Amanda » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:04 pm

This might be a silly thought but if the BBC don't know how he is going to make the prediction and he is able to predict the numbers in advance without foul play, then why are they not letting him play?

It should be noted that the probability of getting 5 numbers correct is around 1 in 55,000 compared to 1 in nearly 14 million for 6 numbers.

Amanda

Post by Amanda » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:06 pm

Prester John wrote:Fucks' sake, I didn't really need that "TERROR BOMB PLOT VERDICT" shit coming up now. Apart from making me work more, it means i'm greeted by the frankly retarded features of Assad Sarwar every time I go on a news site.
Sarwar really was beaten by the ugly stick quite a few times. What do you work as? Are you secretly Gordon Brown? That would be fantastic.

Prester John

Post by Prester John » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Amanda wrote:
Prester John wrote:Fucks' sake, I didn't really need that "TERROR BOMB PLOT VERDICT" shit coming up now. Apart from making me work more, it means i'm greeted by the frankly retarded features of Assad Sarwar every time I go on a news site.
Sarwar really was beaten by the ugly stick quite a few times. What do you work as? Are you secretly Gordon Brown? That would be fantastic.
Well I guess it won't be too long before Gordon Brown claims to like Frank, though I doubt by that time it'll be worth reporting anywhere. But no. I meant 'work' as in dissertation.

Ever seen Papillon? Sarwar reminds me of the medical orderly who molests the pretty boy prisoner.

Fezbob

Post by Fezbob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Just returned from a pleasant few days in Amsterdam, as predicted got ripped off in some places 6 Euros a pint anyone? Found a decent place called the Winston Kingdom massive plates of nachos for about 4 euros and 2 for 4 euros on Becks and had some decent music on too plus a regular who looked like Seasick Steve. Did the inevitable coffee shop visits where you either get welcomed with open arms or treated with contempt for being an absolute "noob". Hotel/hostel was good it had copyright infringement bordering film themed rooms, ours was "Apocalypse Now" and consisted of 2 pictures from said film, felt more like a hotel with the 7 of us staying in the same room. The hall of mirrors in the Amsterdam dungeon just as some space cake set in was probably one of the more bizarre experiences of my life.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:25 pm

It's the channel 4 bosses that aren't letting him play. Not sure why, the money would still be given out if someone else won anyway.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Fezbob wrote:Just returned from a pleasant few days in Amsterdam, as predicted got ripped off in some places 6 Euros a pint anyone?
15 euros for a bottle of corona in Paris is the worst i've done. Fucking scandalous.

Fezbob

Post by Fezbob » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:34 pm

That's fucking appalling! I think it's a case of knowing where to go and knowing when happy hours are etc. in some places, but that's just crazy money. Whilst I appreciate they have to be imported most of the magazines in Schipol Airport were 12 Euros, I was amazed that the estimated walking time to one gate was 29 mins, you'd be a bit fucked if you were in a rush.