The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
LeighAnn
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Post by LeighAnn » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Speaking of pasta, right now in the oven, baked bowtie pasta with creamy marinara, mozzorella, and parm.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

User avatar
tosh
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by tosh » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Spaghetti, bolognese sauce, bacon and cheese. Just about to get that cooking!
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Japan

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Anyone going to see Michael Jackson then? I really want to go, but I can't find anyone to go with / it's lots of money.

Reckon he'll sell out every single show?
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Yes;
benb wrote:
tosh wrote:
benb wrote:Looks like I'll be late for work tomorrow (meant to start at 9) as I need to order Brand New tickets, would have got on the presale but no money til payday tomorrow.

In other non-FT gig related news, going to Michael Jackson in July. That was fun ordering yesterday morning, not.
The guy definitley has some good songs under his belt and is legendary.. but really? I don't think you could pay me to go and see him.
I've been a fan of him for years, watched the "press conference" and he seemed to be the healthiest he has for years, additionally he had to undertake 50 medical exams, which he passed, before the insurers would back the gigs. I was hesitant ordering tickets, thinking he may be unable to perform and it would be a massive let down, but if I didn't go and it turned out to be amazing i'd be far more disappointed, plus it's a birthday present so I'm not paying. Can't believe he's doing 45 shows! He better be good or there's gonna be a LOT of pissed off people, probably wise to be taking that 3 month break in between the shows.
There was enough interest in the pre-sale to sell it out 50 times apparently, so I guess it's a given that it'll be sell out pretty sharpish tomorrow. They piled on £10 worth of booking fees on to my tickets making them £85 each, still, could have been a lot worse, I was expecting tickets to be more expensive before it was announced.

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 am

I'd love to go and see MJ. However, I can't be arsed with all the faffage of pre-booking and filling in shit forms online to get some code or something or other that I don't understand. So that was out of the question. And get up at 7am in the morning to try and access a ticket website that'll no doubt be unavailable due to astronomical demand? Not a chance in hell buddy.

I'll just stay at home and listen to alien ant farm.

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:31 am

I got up for 7am yesterday to order, turned out orders were going through fine at about 6:45, then come 7 you were stuck in massive queues, I had 2 laptops (had 2 codes) running and i didn't manage to book until 8:40, I imagine tomorrow will be worse, which might make ordering Brand New a real nightmare, especially as I need to head to work, might have to do it over the phone... not that that will be any better, balls.

User avatar
tosh
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by tosh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:36 am

benb wrote:I got up for 7am yesterday to order, turned out orders were going through fine at about 6:45, then come 7 you were stuck in massive queues, I had 2 laptops (had 2 codes) running and i didn't manage to book until 8:40, I imagine tomorrow will be worse, which might make ordering Brand New a real nightmare, especially as I need to head to work, might have to do it over the phone... not that that will be any better, balls.
where about are you trying to get Brand New tickets for? I know it's probably the venue with the least demand, but there are still pre-sale tickets left for Glasgow and that's been a couple of days now. It's not been very well advertised at all so you might be alright.
Last edited by tosh on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

Prester John
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:29 am

Post by Prester John » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:38 am


User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:44 am

Prester John wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

Nicholas Cage, anyone?
MY EYES MY EYES AAAAGGHH!

Christ, what a talent.

I refuse to recognise the existence of that film.

Prester John
Posts: 805
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:29 am

Post by Prester John » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:49 am

Haven't seen The Wicker Man re-make, but that edit seems incredible- Nicholas Cage dressed as a bear, he runs, he punches people seemingly for no reason.

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:00 am

tosh wrote:
benb wrote:I got up for 7am yesterday to order, turned out orders were going through fine at about 6:45, then come 7 you were stuck in massive queues, I had 2 laptops (had 2 codes) running and i didn't manage to book until 8:40, I imagine tomorrow will be worse, which might make ordering Brand New a real nightmare, especially as I need to head to work, might have to do it over the phone... not that that will be any better, balls.
where about are you trying to get Brand New tickets for? I know it's probably the venue with the least demand, but there are still pre-sale tickets left for Glasgow and that's been a couple of days now. It's not been very well advertised at all so you might be alright.
I'll be trying to get them for London, hopefully by 9am Jacko will be sold out, true re: the advertising though, if I can't get them online or over the phone in the morning I'll try phoning at lunch.

Re: Nicholas Cage, anyone seen the trailer for Knowing? Looks absolutely dire, shame, he used to make good movies.

Also just saw this video on Facebook and thought some might appreciate a laugh.

User avatar
tosh
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by tosh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:03 am

hahaha, the last one was brilliant.
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

User avatar
KingRob
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by KingRob » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 am

Shit me, that Wicker Man looks incredible! I love dicking on crap films with mates and beer :)

That facebook video had some funny stuff in too, nice find!

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:12 am


Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 am

I do like that place

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests