The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

benb

Post by benb » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:49 pm

Mini-Me: [writes] Are you a clone of an angel?
Foxxy Cleopatra: Ohhh how sweet. No, my mini-man, I'm not.
Mini-Me: [writes] Are you sure you don't have a little clone in you?
Foxxy Cleopatra: Yes I'm sure.
Mini-Me: [writes] Would you like to?

dave-monk

Post by dave-monk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:38 pm

Gahhh.

Flu is gay. Really really gay!

I think I caught it off someone on here. Can you catch flu or any other viruses over the internet? :roll:

thats a winner in my eyes
"Last night was an A1, tip top clubbing jam fare, it was a sandwich of fun, on extasy bread, wrapped up in a big bag like disco fudge, it does get much better than that, i just wish i could CONTROL THESE FUCKING MOOD SWINGS!"

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:09 pm

I hope you get better soon, flu is not fun. But I'd like to pick up on something that I think about often, and that has just come to the forefront of my mind having seen what you just wrote.

That is, why is it that people so often use "gay" to connote something negative, or something that's bad? "Flu is gay" "Man United are gay" etc etc...don't people think that this is actually really quite offensive to gay people? To imply that their sexuality and social group if you will, is so negative and bad that the word used to describe it, "gay", can actually equate to other negative words like "rubbish" "shit" "awful" "terrible" etc etc...

I do think it's offensive. To me it's almost no different to saying "flu is so black" "man utd are so black" with black in this case being used as the negative word. There would be outcry if people started doing this.

Just putting it out there for discussion to see what others think...

Barry

Post by Barry » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:21 pm

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:27 pm

I don't know what Mr Rodriguez has to do with this discussion.... :wink:

dave-monk

Post by dave-monk » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:42 pm

newmy wrote:
I hope you get better soon, flu is not fun. But I'd like to pick up on something that I think about often, and that has just come to the forefront of my mind having seen what you just wrote.

That is, why is it that people so often use "gay" to connote something negative, or something that's bad? "Flu is gay" "Man United are gay" etc etc...don't people think that this is actually really quite offensive to gay people? To imply that their sexuality and social group if you will, is so negative and bad that the word used to describe it, "gay", can actually equate to other negative words like "rubbish" "shit" "awful" "terrible" etc etc...

I do think it's offensive. To me it's almost no different to saying "flu is so black" "man utd are so black" with black in this case being used as the negative word. There would be outcry if people started doing this.

Newmy you are such a gay!

Also I'm pretty sure Bender Bending Rodriguez is ok with it.....

http://www.munkeygames.com/shop/images/ ... bender.jpg

He's an action figure for god sakes!
"Last night was an A1, tip top clubbing jam fare, it was a sandwich of fun, on extasy bread, wrapped up in a big bag like disco fudge, it does get much better than that, i just wish i could CONTROL THESE FUCKING MOOD SWINGS!"

BenMD

Post by BenMD » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:16 am

newmy wrote:

give a shit you faggot.

newmy

Post by newmy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:52 am

:roll:

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:24 am

Yes, flu is very shit, and instead of getting better I now just have different symptoms.

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:32 am

BenMD wrote:
newmy wrote:

give a shit you faggot.
It's a serious point Benjamin, stop being such a puff

DanIrelle

Post by DanIrelle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:08 am

newmy wrote:

It's called pejoration
other words that have been pejorated are: Spam, silly and cunning

I have tonsillitis and that is also gay
Aprils wrote:Now we've just got DaniEreEllle

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:10 am

newmy wrote:Just putting it out there for discussion to see what others think...
I'm pleased to see that the general response to this has been "stop being a gay". Megalolz.

skhmmi

Post by skhmmi » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:11 am

newmy wrote:That is, why is it that people so often use "gay" to connote something negative, or something that's bad? "Flu is gay" "Man United are gay" etc etc...don't people think that this is actually really quite offensive to gay people? To imply that their sexuality and social group if you will, is so negative and bad that the word used to describe it, "gay", can actually equate to other negative words like "rubbish" "shit" "awful" "terrible" etc etc...
The majority of gay people I know also use the word "gay" to describe something bad or negative. Which is sometimes quite confusing when they refer to celebrities etc.

Kenny

Post by Kenny » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:48 am

I don't know anyone gay. SCORE!
#4-07.04.05 #11-28.10.05 #28-13.12.05 #34-19.01.06 #70-02.04.06 #93-30.04.06 #144-13.07.06 #169-09.10.06 #227-06.02.07 #285-08.05.07 #421-10.04.08 #526-26.10.08 #528-28.10.08 #725 26.10.09 #726 26.10.09 #816 19.03.10 #1028 24.05.11 #1303-01.12.12

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:51 am

Kenny wrote:I don't know anyone gay. SCORE!
Really? How do you manage that?