The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by darlenet. » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:Can we talk about sandwiches, please? Nobody ever wants to talk about sandwiches, and it hurts my heart. I feel like it's because I'm not bringing it up properly, and I'm just kind of forcing it. Rather than just...casually mentioning that sandwiches are the bee's knees, and accumulating soulmates that way.

...sandwiches...
I think sandwich obsession is often a closely guarded shameful secret. But I, too, love the sandwich concept to the extreme that I consider s'mores a sandwich. But I am going to confess (while being unfaithful to my country), that the best sandwich I ever tasted was in your homeland in Montreal. It had the best tasting seasoned meat, mustard, rye bread. Just the best.

So, yeah, sandwiches......
shows? 62 so far

User avatar
Blonde
Posts: 2089
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Location: Nottingham
Contact:

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Blonde » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:55 pm

I think sandwiches are overrated.

Cassie
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 am
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Cassie » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:54 pm

I am actually an expert sandwich maker. I have found that there is a science to the perfect sandwich. Its all about meat/cheese/lettuce/bread ratio. And proper placement of the lettuce. Stacking order is very important. And the right mustard is always Dijon or Spicy Brown.

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by darlenet. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Blonde wrote:I think sandwiches are overrated.
*Gasp*
Cassie wrote:I am actually an expert sandwich maker. I have found that there is a science to the perfect sandwich. Its all about meat/cheese/lettuce/bread ratio. And proper placement of the lettuce. Stacking order is very important. And the right mustard is always Dijon or Spicy Brown.
I think "Blonde" you need to meet "Cassie". Perhaps your meat/cheese/lettuce/bread ratio has been mucked up. And if you use that substance called marmite as a judge of sandwich worth.......
shows? 62 so far

User avatar
smithyramfan
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 am
Location: Grantham Lincolnshire

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by smithyramfan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:41 pm

Blonde wrote:I think sandwiches are overrated.
Finally! Someone who agrees!

I've not had a sandwich for about 2 years now and I do not miss them at all. Couscous or salad for lunch all the way for me
crap at dancing and can't hold my drink...
Shows: Lincoln 24/11/12, Nottingham 09/02/14, Y Not Festival 03/08/14

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:56 am

So, I wasn't going to do this, but I feel as though it is necessary.

Part of the joy of sandwiches comes from the fact that literally ANYTHING can exist between those two slices of bread. And in reality, technically they don't even NEED to be bread slices, as Darlene pointed out. The fact is, those sandwich ends can literally contain *ANYTHING* in between them. The possibilities are ENDLESS! They place parentheses around infinity!

What other kind of food simultaneously represents such unity and diversity?!


...(by the way, when I was a kid, I hated them, because I had one EVERY SINGLE DAY for lunch. I also got sick of Nutella for the same reason. Luckily, my love for both has been restored with vigor)
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Rubber_Soul » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:So, I wasn't going to do this, but I feel as though it is necessary.

Part of the joy of sandwiches comes from the fact that literally ANYTHING can exist between those two slices of bread. And in reality, technically they don't even NEED to be bread slices, as Darlene pointed out. The fact is, those sandwich ends can literally contain *ANYTHING* in between them. The possibilities are ENDLESS! They place parentheses around infinity!

What other kind of food simultaneously represents such unity and diversity?!


...(by the way, when I was a kid, I hated them, because I had one EVERY SINGLE DAY for lunch. I also got sick of Nutella for the same reason. Luckily, my love for both has been restored with vigor)
Pizza. And this is why I could quite happily eat pizza every day, it never gets boring!
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:
Pizza. And this is why I could quite happily eat pizza every day, it never gets boring!
That's a lot of cheese, man. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE cheese. But my arteries, etc.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Rubber_Soul » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:11 pm

A small sprinkling of cheese is ok, nobody wants a pizza that just tastes of cheese anyhow!
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:45 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:A small sprinkling of cheese is ok, nobody wants a pizza that just tastes of cheese anyhow!
I don't know, dude...my UK pizza and pasta-related experiences have been pretty cheese-centric, especially that time I needed instructions on how to tackle a pan lasagna in Pizza Express. Thermodynamics tutorial required.

So yes, if the cheese-to-sauce ratio was proper, then I see your point.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Rubber_Soul » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 pm

You are going to the wrong places then! Best places I've ever been for pizza in the UK were Valentinos in Worcester, The Quarter in Liverpool, Maguires in Liverpool and Red Pepper in Birmingham. Now I really want a pizza.....
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Craven
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Craven » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Enough of the pizza talk! Having given it up for lent (not religious - just eat to much pizza) this ain't helping. By the way, it's the more cheese the better when it comes to pizza!
683 727 909 1081 1082 1139 1216 1258 1289 1381 1442 1522 1539 1585 1611 1615 1681 1720 1790 1889 1955

User avatar
darlenet.
Posts: 750
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:58 pm
Location: Gainesville, Florida USA

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by darlenet. » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Thinking of sandwiches and pizza now. Hmm, isn't a calzone just a pizza sandwich?
shows? 62 so far

Venomous_Bear
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:07 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:09 am

Hhhh. Sorry everybody.
*takes out sleeve of Jaffa Cakes*
May we agree on Jaffa Cakes?
*shares*

And yes, Darlene, but tbh, never been a huge fan of the calzone. Seinfeld love aside.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Cassie
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 am
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Cassie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:15 am

Am I the only one who has never heard of Jaffa cakes?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests