The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

chris_159

Post by chris_159 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:41 pm

newmy wrote: Needless to say after all that I'm now an atheist. But I don't, unlike many, think that makes me somehow more superior than anyone who's religious. (See Richard Dawkins)
True, I find his zealousness (again, clearly a need for more educated folk) more off-putting than most evangelists. My main issue with his blend of atheism is the assumption that religion is the cause of all war and suffering. The Holocaust pretty much disproved that.

norelation

Post by norelation » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:16 pm

chris_159 wrote:
newmy wrote: Needless to say after all that I'm now an atheist. But I don't, unlike many, think that makes me somehow more superior than anyone who's religious. (See Richard Dawkins)
True, I find his zealousness (again, clearly a need for more educated folk) more off-putting than most evangelists. My main issue with his blend of atheism is the assumption that religion is the cause of all war and suffering. The Holocaust pretty much disproved that.
You could argue a bit about that, but I don't myself buy the religion-is-to-blame for wars line: it's politics and tribalism, not religion. Look at Northern Ireland - same God, after all.

The Inquisition is a bit more tricky, though.
Pete wrote:The FT forum is not the outside world!
My kids are tall, charming, harmless and not fat - and they all went to Wembley.

Ellie

Post by Ellie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:32 pm

My boyfriend has the strangest job, some of you know already he's a stand up comedian. Anyway, he does the audience warm-up in the daytime for Loose Women and the other day they had Ricky Gervais and Les Dennis on.

When the three of them were in the green room, my boyfriend convinced Les to take his clothes off and just be in a towel for the cut away shot at the beginning of the show. Of course Ricky screeched "Let's do that!! Let's do that!!". And they did.

I think he may be having a gay affair.

...although I can't talk, I ended up in G-A-Y til 4am last night, dancing the gayboys into oblivion.

chris_159

Post by chris_159 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:12 pm

norelation wrote: it's politics and tribalism, not religion.
Eeeeexactly

BenMD

Post by BenMD » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:11 pm

Just had trick or treaters buzz my door. Kid sounded so disappointed when I said we didn't have anything.

but we don't. This is England.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:48 pm

BenMD wrote:Just had trick or treaters buzz my door. Kid sounded so disappointed when I said we didn't have anything.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:21 pm

Ah, my dad is a good 'un, he drove me back home, so my parents can look after me till I get better.

skhmmi

Post by skhmmi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:45 am

BenMD wrote:Just had trick or treaters buzz my door. Kid sounded so disappointed when I said we didn't have anything.
I on the other hand bought a huge bag of dairy milk minis on the assumption that the door would get buzzed and it'd get rid of them quickly. The door did not get buzzed. I obviously live in an area with far too many young professionals.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:04 pm

But on the upside, you have a bg bowl of chocolate.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

ravi

Post by ravi » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:50 pm

LeighAnn wrote:But on the upside, you have a bg bowl of chocolate.
this
BenMD wrote: and really...who cares about Frank Turner?
Pete wrote:I like your husband.

dave-monk

Post by dave-monk » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:55 pm

This tread alone equates to roughly

13.6%

of all the posts* on this forum.

No I'm not bored!

*not including this post
"Last night was an A1, tip top clubbing jam fare, it was a sandwich of fun, on extasy bread, wrapped up in a big bag like disco fudge, it does get much better than that, i just wish i could CONTROL THESE FUCKING MOOD SWINGS!"

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:57 pm

Was supposed to be seeing Lee Evans at Wembley tonight. Had the tickets for over a year and decent seats as well, so gutted. :(

David

Post by David » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:59 pm

dave-monk wrote:This tread alone equates to roughly

13.6%

of all the posts* on this forum.
sometimes i think we should start more individual threads, as many topics get lost in this one. for example, recent discussions on the american election and the financial crisis could have had a thread each, and the conversations could still be going strong.
DanIrelle wrote:LAWLZ DAVID eek

DanIrelle

Post by DanIrelle » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:57 pm

bless your heart david
Aprils wrote:Now we've just got DaniEreEllle

Barry

Post by Barry » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:00 pm

David wrote: sometimes i think we should start more individual threads, as many topics get lost in this one. for example, recent discussions on the american election and the financial crisis could have had a thread each, and the conversations could still be going strong.
I'm with you on this, a couple of months ago when I was really bored, I almost considered proposing we do away with this thread. It was a good idea when the board was really busy with loads of pointless stuff back in the day, but these days, only 4/5 threads are posted in each day.

Frank, what say you to getting rid of this once legendary thread?