The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm

I hate Richard Dawkins. Every time his gimpy chops come into shot on tv I find myself saying "Fuck off Dawkins" aloud. Utter nonce.

User avatar
Kirsty
Posts: 1719
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 am
Location: Hadfield
Contact:

Post by Kirsty » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:33 pm

First day working on Big Brother was mint. Got to see rehearsals in the studio for Big Brother's Little Brother, helped out with the run through and stayed to be in the audience etc and helped make a little piece of set.

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:08 pm

Currently beta testing Football Manager Live which is rather enjoyable, while listening to Seafood.

Was supposed to go see This is the Kit tonight, but the friend I was going with has a band rehearsal tonight, and I didn't go on my own. Kind of regret it.

User avatar
Lars
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:49 pm
Contact:

Post by Lars » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:19 pm

Oh no! 'Beta' testers.... I was recently on the receiving end of what beta testers think are bugs, and their lack of even browsing to see that what they found has been mentioned fifteen thousand times before them! Even more fun is the fact they think they are special, or when they don't even have a clue of what the stage of beta means and start complaining of it crashing and other things not functioning as expected.
http://www.hippieburner.com - Frank audio / live vids

Ice cream eating mother fucker

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:22 pm

Lars wrote:Oh no! 'Beta' testers.... I was recently on the receiving end of what beta testers think are bugs, and their lack of even browsing to see that what they found has been mentioned fifteen thousand times before them! Even more fun is the fact they think they are special, or when they don't even have a clue of what the stage of beta means and start com
plaining of it crashing and other things not functioning as expected.
I know, the forum for it, is full of people just whinging and not offering any constructive feedback.

As I developer myself, I know what it feels like so am trying to offer constructive comments if I find anyway.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:27 pm

Tony wrote:
Lars wrote:Oh no! 'Beta' testers.... I was recently on the receiving end of what beta testers think are bugs, and their lack of even browsing to see that what they found has been mentioned fifteen thousand times before them! Even more fun is the fact they think they are special, or when they don't even have a clue of what the stage of beta means and start com
plaining of it crashing and other things not functioning as expected.
I know, the forum for it, is full of people just whinging and not offering any constructive feedback.

As I developer myself, I know what it feels like so am trying to offer constructive comments if I find anyway.
Tony, please pass this message on.

When scouting a player, you should be able to choose which position of their's you want to be compared to your current team. It's my main issue with FM2008, so I imagine it's probably the same with the live version.

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:41 pm

teamescape wrote:
Tony wrote:
Lars wrote:Oh no! 'Beta' testers.... I was recently on the receiving end of what beta testers think are bugs, and their lack of even browsing to see that what they found has been mentioned fifteen thousand times before them! Even more fun is the fact they think they are special, or when they don't even have a clue of what the stage of beta means and start com
plaining of it crashing and other things not functioning as expected.
I know, the forum for it, is full of people just whinging and not offering any constructive feedback.

As I developer myself, I know what it feels like so am trying to offer constructive comments if I find anyway.
Tony, please pass this message on.

When scouting a player, you should be able to choose which position of their's you want to be compared to your current team. It's my main issue with FM2008, so I imagine it's probably the same with the live version.
You can sort of do that, well you can compare two players side by side with the +/- differences.

FML is quite different to normal FM. You have the match engine, but the transfer system is through an auction system.

User avatar
David
Posts: 3002
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:36 pm

Post by David » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:44 pm

teamescape wrote:I hate Richard Dawkins. Every time his gimpy chops come into shot on tv I find myself saying "Fuck off Dawkins" aloud. Utter nonce.
why?

not sure if i can be bothered to get into a debate, but for the record - i <3 dawkins.

User avatar
Blair
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:32 pm
Location: inverness
Contact:

Post by Blair » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Kirsty wrote: rehearsals in the studio for Big Brother's Little Brother
they rehearse that?

wow.


actually thats a bit harsh, its just zeze that is a complete tool.

have you been in the camera runs yet?
Image

User avatar
Kirsty
Posts: 1719
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:32 am
Location: Hadfield
Contact:

Post by Kirsty » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:25 am

haha yeah believe it or not, they rehearse the camera positions and george goes through what he's going to say etc.

you mean where they sort out which camera goes where etc and when they move and focus on different things? If so, yep heh.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:56 am

Kirsty, I can say with some certainty that your job sounds ridiculously better than mine.

:(

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:24 am

David wrote:
teamescape wrote:I hate Richard Dawkins. Every time his gimpy chops come into shot on tv I find myself saying "Fuck off Dawkins" aloud. Utter nonce.
why?

not sure if i can be bothered to get into a debate, but for the record - i <3 dawkins.
I understand what a smug and self righteous cunt the man can be, but I do like him personally.

User avatar
Blair
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:32 pm
Location: inverness
Contact:

Post by Blair » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:36 am

Kirsty wrote:haha yeah believe it or not, they rehearse the camera positions and george goes through what he's going to say etc.

you mean where they sort out which camera goes where etc and when they move and focus on different things? If so, yep heh.
george owns that show, is he as cool as i think he is? i mean he's no dermot thats for sure, but he's a close second.

i just mean the dark bit right behind the mirrors in the house. is that where you meant? if so, AMAZING
Image

2 minutes hate
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:15 pm
Location: Highlands

Post by 2 minutes hate » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:52 am

for a long time i was convinced george lamb was called george george. truth be told though he scares me a bit. he's far too tall for TV.
"the greatest trick santa ever played was convincing the world he wasn't real"

User avatar
Lucy
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:14 pm
Location: West London
Contact:

Post by Lucy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:22 pm

Ohhh George Lamb is a handsome thing.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests