The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Pown

Post by Pown » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:45 pm

With being bedridden in January - 5 down, 16 to go!
Kenny wrote:Pown-ed :wink:

David

Post by David » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:15 am

Marta wrote:
David wrote: btw, are you planning on going to an english uni?
yeah, definitely.
i have ambitious plans but everything depends on my grades...
have you just finished lower sixth?

i remember being quite dissappointed at my AS results when i got them (aabb), but i still luckily pushed to apply to all the unis i thought i was up for. actually put a proper amount of work in upper sixth and did retakes etc and came out with pretty much straight As (AAAab) in the end.
so yeah, if your AS results aren't quite what you were pushing for (and i'm sure knowing you that top marks in everything is what you are pushing for...), then it doesn't hugely matter.

i should get back to this fucking essay. i think i have about 5 to do before term ends next friday.

Marta

Post by Marta » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 am

David wrote:
Marta wrote:
David wrote: btw, are you planning on going to an english uni?
yeah, definitely.
i have ambitious plans but everything depends on my grades...
have you just finished lower sixth?

i remember being quite dissappointed at my AS results when i got them (aabb), but i still luckily pushed to apply to all the unis i thought i was up for. actually put a proper amount of work in upper sixth and did retakes etc and came out with pretty much straight As (AAAab) in the end.
so yeah, if your AS results aren't quite what you were pushing for (and i'm sure knowing you that top marks in everything is what you are pushing for...), then it doesn't hugely matter.

i should get back to this fucking essay. i think i have about 5 to do before term ends next friday.
yeah.
had my last AS exam, history, on monday (wasn't as difficult as i thought it would be but still, not really sure how it went).
now it's just polish A2 left (thought it would be better to do the whole a-level this year).

so oxbridge accept retakes? that's great!
everyone's been telling me they don't.

top marks in everything... do people actually ever get that? i'd imagine some do... scary.

thanks for that, david, it's actually really encouraging.
i was starting to panic that if i don't get straight As in all of my AS levels i can forget about applying.
+ i'm on study leave with not a huge amount of work to do and thestudentroom.co.uk is ruining my life.
not sure whether it makes me laugh or cry.
Last edited by Marta on Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David

Post by David » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:21 am

Marta wrote:so oxbridge accept retakes? that's great!
everyone's been telling me they don't.
yeah unless they've changed things since i applied - retakes of modules etc are fine i believe. don't believe most things people tell you about oxbridge. if it isn't in the prospectus - don't believe it.
i'm on study leave with not a huge amount of work to do and thestudentroom.co.uk is ruining my life.
not sure whether it makes me laugh or cry.
i just checked out this website. god it is sad. found the thread about my college, and there are a few people i know who are writing up info and stuff. whilst there is no real definition of cool or popular when you get to uni - the people that are posting are the type who i would put money on having been bullied at school.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:40 am

I think I've broken one of my toes. Tits.

Evan

Post by Evan » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:52 am

How? I broke one once. Was pretty annoying, but not as bad as a rib, or a finger for instance.

Marta

Post by Marta » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:01 pm

David wrote: yeah unless they've changed things since i applied - retakes of modules etc are fine i believe. don't believe most things people tell you about oxbridge. if it isn't in the prospectus - don't believe it.
yeah, some of the myths about oxbridge are ridiculous...
i just checked out this website. god it is sad. found the thread about my college, and there are a few people i know who are writing up info and stuff. whilst there is no real definition of cool or popular when you get to uni - the people that are posting are the type who i would put money on having been bullied at school.
haha!

the weirdest thing is that they all have their gcse/a-level results in their signatures on that forum. sometimes even results from certain modules.
all between 90-100%, obviously.
jesus.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:16 pm

teamescape wrote:I think I've broken one of my toes. Tits.
ouch! Can they do anything for that sort of break? I'd imagine it's one of those things you just have to suffer through.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

norelation

Post by norelation » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:24 pm

LeighAnn wrote:Yes, I'm militant about ear defenders. I'd love to get some custom ones, but don't want to shell out that kind of dough. So, I use Elacin ER20 which work very well and allow me to enjoy the music as well.
Thanks for the recommendation. I wore some last night at Frank's Portsmouth gig ("it's Tuesday night in Portsmouth, but it's not all bad"). They were great (the venue was VERY LOUD): they really let you hear the music (and yourself singing) without killing it.

Had to take them out for the last song, though. :)
Pete wrote:The FT forum is not the outside world!
My kids are tall, charming, harmless and not fat - and they all went to Wembley.

Emitime

Post by Emitime » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 pm

David wrote: i remember being quite dissappointed at my AS results when i got them (aabb)
Haha, precisely what I got, and I wasn't disappointed in the slightest.... I aren't going to be able to match your full A-level results though. Need AAB to get into York and I think I'm struggling a bit tbh...

Lars

Post by Lars » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:20 pm

Good luck with everything Marta.

In other news, I banned china. :lol: on the md.org forums, it signed up many spam accounts so that was the easiest thing to do, and purge the sign up's via the wonders of php and not the forum's account deletion process to take less than 5 mins.
http://www.hippieburner.com - Frank audio / live vids

Ice cream eating mother fucker

DanIrelle

Post by DanIrelle » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:05 am

My exams are over 8)
Aprils wrote:Now we've just got DaniEreEllle

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:45 pm

Anyone seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSovRFisxTc

I can really see myself doing this one day

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:48 pm

Insane.

See, here in the states, that guy would have brought in a gun, and you'd be watching the horror on CNN instead of Youtube. It really highlights how important it is to make sure there's enough free birthday cake for everyone so these types of bad feelings don't get out of hand.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Evan

Post by Evan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:50 pm

I often wonder if I would still be a free man if i owned a gun.