The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

MillionDeadMartian

Post by MillionDeadMartian » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:15 pm

shite microsoft bastards, got my xbox, set it up...it doesnt work. have to send it back and wait another week for the other one to arrive, have to take work off so i can take it to the couriers.

going paintballing again tomorrow, but the weather has been really shit so it will probabily be really boggy.

Lars

Post by Lars » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:20 pm

I saw my first red light x360 at work today.

What's yours doing? or not doing?

Is Royal Mail on strike, or my postman nicking stuff or not delivering at all. I've seen no evidence for the past three days, there's always some kind of junk being put through the letter box by them usually.
http://www.hippieburner.com - Frank audio / live vids

Ice cream eating mother fucker

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:38 pm

There was a strike today.

MillionDeadMartian

Post by MillionDeadMartian » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:09 pm

Lars wrote:I saw my first red light x360 at work today.

i literally just opened the box, took everything out and plugged it in. and there was power to the powerpack but no power going through to the xbox, it rattled a bit aswell. my cousin told me that because of all the faults, they are increasing the general warranty to 3 years...true?

skhmmi

Post by skhmmi » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:16 pm

MillionDeadMartian wrote:
Lars wrote:I saw my first red light x360 at work today.

i literally just opened the box, took everything out and plugged it in. and there was power to the powerpack but no power going through to the xbox, it rattled a bit aswell. my cousin told me that because of all the faults, they are increasing the general warranty to 3 years...true?
True. The red ring of death (various combinations of red lights on the ring of light on the front -- the worst being 3 of 4 lit red and flashing) Lars describes is the main reason why.

Lars

Post by Lars » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:52 pm

I'd check to see about the warranty issues and such, they could just apply to the US for all I know. They used to only give 90 day warranty on the x360 in the US. Then they extended it to a year and are now also retroactively applying that 3 year if what I read is true.

MillionDeadMartian

Post by MillionDeadMartian » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:11 pm

i read and was told that the uk version has been so unreliable, that some places that will fix them have had to stop taking them in, and calling in for extra help. it seems like they haven't really done much to sort out the problems with them, if the 3 year warranty is in place here i will be happy with that.

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:35 pm

Reuben fans are crazy. One of them is going to pay £21 for my t-shirt. That's double what I paid! This is like when Rachel's friend named her baby "Reuben".
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Fezbob

Post by Fezbob » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:38 pm

wow some people are really dumb. Having seen the Harry Potter film tonight I posed the following bulletin on myspace for jokez:

Subject: That Potter film.
Body: It were alright, bit hard to understand if you haven't read t'book tho (I have). Quite surprised at the twist where you find out Voldemort is Harry's Dad, that were proper unexpected like.

Liam,
xxx.

within a few mins I had received the following messages:

"Voldamort isnt harry's dad!!!!!!
I havent seen the film yet and even i know that.
Everyone i spoke to never siad anything about that!!!!
Why wlould they make himhis dad anyways? "

"voldemorts not harrys dad!!!!!!! lol! x "

"wtf about harrys dad being voldermort?"

made my night anyway.

Wilson

Post by Wilson » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:47 pm

I love Potter fans. There's been a seminar on Harry Potter this semester and listening to these people discussing fan fiction was one the most shocking and at the same time entertaining things I've ever experienced.

In other news, I've just learned the true meaning of the word "procrastination" by spending the whole evening watching both seasons of SPACED.
ray wrote:christ theres a thousand holes to be picked im my paragraph up there and the best you come up with is a punctuation error.

Pony Up!

Post by Pony Up! » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:14 am

Wilson wrote:I love Potter fans. There's been a seminar on Harry Potter this semester and listening to these people discussing fan fiction was one the most shocking and at the same time entertaining things I've ever experienced.

In other news, I've just learned the true meaning of the word "procrastination" by spending the whole evening watching both seasons of SPACED.
absolutely godly program

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:36 am

Pony Up! wrote:
Wilson wrote:I love Potter fans. There's been a seminar on Harry Potter this semester and listening to these people discussing fan fiction was one the most shocking and at the same time entertaining things I've ever experienced.

absolutely godly program
Seen. Shame they never made the third series in the end though...

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:14 pm

Nick wrote:Reuben fans are crazy. One of them is going to pay £21 for my t-shirt. That's double what I paid! This is like when Rachel's friend named her baby "Reuben".
#

Yay! Siobhan is lovely. Reuben fans aren't quite as crazy as Biffy fans, like...
Pity I'm not really keen on either.
Nick wrote: carry on making those tunes eh

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:21 pm

So I picked up the new Hell Is For Heroes record today (didn't even realise they had one out?) and boy have those boys forgotten how to rock, and they seem to have listened to too much Hope Of The States.

Pretty good record on first listen though.

Lars

Post by Lars » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:12 pm

I'm glad the Japanese edition of Jesu's conqueror had a plastic outer sleeve, otherwise some albums would have been really wet.... Fucking shitty roof(/walls??) build quality.