The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Bella

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Bella » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:11 am

Blonde wrote:Went roller skating tonight. Thought my skating improved after having a vodka. Then I fell over :( at least I didn't have to be carried out like one kid did.

haven't been roller skating in years (and years and years.. oh wow I feel old!)

is it the ones that you put on over your shoes? or a boot?

you can get "Off Ice Skates" that look like roller blades but cooler and act like Ice Skates do so that Ice Skaters can pratice with no ice - always wanted to try a pair. Mind you the likes of T&D make it look so easy!

I can go forward and just about get round corners on ice skates but can't go backwards or any fancy stuff. Broke the pointy bit of my elbow about 10 years ago when another skater knocked me over - the guys in the hospital said "Do NOT put your hands out if you fall over, relax as you fall if you can, becaue you get less injuries if you hit the (ground) ice when your body is relaxed"

hope you are ok? was it fun?

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Bella wrote:
Blonde wrote:Went roller skating tonight. Thought my skating improved after having a vodka. Then I fell over :( at least I didn't have to be carried out like one kid did.

haven't been roller skating in years (and years and years.. oh wow I feel old!)

is it the ones that you put on over your shoes? or a boot?

you can get "Off Ice Skates" that look like roller blades but cooler and act like Ice Skates do so that Ice Skaters can pratice with no ice - always wanted to try a pair. Mind you the likes of T&D make it look so easy!

I can go forward and just about get round corners on ice skates but can't go backwards or any fancy stuff. Broke the pointy bit of my elbow about 10 years ago when another skater knocked me over - the guys in the hospital said "Do NOT put your hands out if you fall over, relax as you fall if you can, becaue you get less injuries if you hit the (ground) ice when your body is relaxed"

hope you are ok? was it fun?

Bella
x
It's a proper boot. I'm a bit sad that my shoe size is too big to be as to get the ones with light up wheels. I'm ok apart from an achy arm and a massive bruise forming at the top of my leg. It's ok saying to relax when you fall but that requires thinking past "oh shit"

It was fun. I went last week too, but didn't fall over. Hoping the skating will be a regular thing.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:03 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
Hope the interview went well, and that everyone is feeling better? Yes?

@helentx, bahaha, interesting. I also read this:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/ ... okcupid/2/
Cheers, I got the job and have been given the start date of 24th Feb so whilst I'm really happy to have a job, and a Head of Dept position as well, I'm also gutted to be leaving Liverpool and moving to the other end of the country. Still it's not that far away and it's only a train ride to get back.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

lareinedeslames

Post by lareinedeslames » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:13 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:Cheers, I got the job and have been given the start date of 24th Feb
Awesome! It sucks that you have to leave after working so hard to get to Liverpool, but a new, awesome job is very cool.
Venomous_Bear wrote: everyone is feeling better? Yes?
I am slowly but surely getting better. Just finished a course of antibiotics and steroid meds, and started up on my evening walks again this week, but the cough is lingering, and my stupid body starts getting tired and weak at the drop of a hat. *sigh* everyone get your flu shots! Learn from my mistake!

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 pm

@blonde: :( I'm so sorry to hear you fell!! Gentle hugs. Bruises are supercool, but only when they stop hurting. And I agree; it's impossible to relax when you fall. :( all the best for a speedy healing process! Get out those Epsom salts, love

@rubber_soul: holy jeez! Congrats!! And good attitude. Seems everyone is thinking of moving these days. Always on to better things! Job security is awesome, and at least it's what you want to be doing again! *high five*

@lareine: awwww, feel better!! Walking shall help. My friend had H1N1, and holy shit. Luckily managed to avoid that. What hell!

16 days til the UK! Most exciterated :)
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:46 am

My new job is eating into my social media time.

This is not acceptable.

Please to be tweeting your trip muchly, VB.
Yank at large, hiding in London
https://twitter.com/Gleena
Shows: 32 in five countries and on the ocean.

Rubber_Soul

Re:

Post by Rubber_Soul » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote: @rubber_soul: holy jeez! Congrats!! And good attitude. Seems everyone is thinking of moving these days. Always on to better things! Job security is awesome, and at least it's what you want to be doing again! *high five*
High fives all round!
This does mean that Frank's Manchester show will be one of my last up north so I intend to have many, many drinks again and if that means I can't make it to work the next day then so be it :mrgreen:
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

Blonde

Re: Re:

Post by Blonde » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote: @rubber_soul: holy jeez! Congrats!! And good attitude. Seems everyone is thinking of moving these days. Always on to better things! Job security is awesome, and at least it's what you want to be doing again! *high five*
High fives all round!
This does mean that Frank's Manchester show will be one of my last up north so I intend to have many, many drinks again and if that means I can't make it to work the next day then so be it :mrgreen:
Have you booked a hotel in Manchester?

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote: High fives all round!
Haha good call...Frank doesn't tour the UK enough for work to be a possibility the following day!

I plan to be tastefully hammered (which is "giggle and dance like no one is watching" drunk, NOT "black out and be a general complimentary nuisance" drunk - apparently I told Ben Lloyd that he was a gift from Zeus. I have no recollection).

Gleena, there will be updates whenever I have wifi :). Mark my words. There will be updates.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Rubber_Soul

Re: Re:

Post by Rubber_Soul » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Blonde wrote:
Rubber_Soul wrote:
High fives all round!
Have you booked a hotel in Manchester?
No because I don't want to actually plan not to get home.

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:07 am

Somebody got a spiffy new iPad Air for "work" - everybody has them, nobody uses them for work, we all use our laptops.

To recap, this means I have a free iPad Air with some ridonkulous amount of data usage that I merely have to carry importantly into a meeting from time to time to sit on the table by my laptop.

Me=winning at everything. Except Australian Frank dates. I am not winning at that.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:14 pm

Gleena wrote:Somebody got a spiffy new iPad Air for "work" - everybody has them, nobody uses them for work, we all use our laptops.

To recap, this means I have a free iPad Air with some ridonkulous amount of data usage that I merely have to carry importantly into a meeting from time to time to sit on the table by my laptop.

Me=winning at everything. Except Australian Frank dates. I am not winning at that.
And how does the hubby feel about this?? ;)

Gleena

Post by Gleena » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:36 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:
Gleena wrote:Somebody got a spiffy new iPad Air for "work" - everybody has them, nobody uses them for work, we all use our laptops.

And how does the hubby feel about this?? ;)
He said it was awesome, in that grumbly sort of way that says it isn't really.

It's not like he doesn't get to play with it.

To be honest it's still in its box. Too busy examing. After Wednesday though, I'mma be an iPad using fool, yo.

Danlechief

Post by Danlechief » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Has anyone else given any real thought to heading over to stilhaus fluffy kitten website and strongly recommending they listen to frank turner?
"Age is no object if you're in love.

Oh shit what have I just said?"

frank turner, Birmingham, 18th November 2015

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:07 am

I am sooooooooooooo excited, you guys. I am trying not to use any exclamation marks or count hours. I am just trying to get things done, but Wednesday. And suitcase. And plane tickets... *deep breath*

Stoic. Resolve to stay calm. Calm breathing. Yoga. Mariokart. Repeat.

Wednesday.