The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Blonde

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Post by Blonde » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:29 pm

Bella wrote:
of course one reason for not sleeping is I may have been trying to ice skate in my dreams but wasn't quite asleep enough not to move...

Yep - that totally explains the thrashing around last night and all the interesting bruises... (I'm an Ice Dance fan and it’s Dancing on Ice's last season)

Useless fact for you - this Feb 14th is the 30 year anniversary of Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean winning Gold medal for the UK at the Olympics :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc-0BCSyWtc
Are you coming to see Frank in Nottingham? In the box office area of the arena, they have the Bolero outfits on display in the air.

Bella

Post by Bella » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 pm

Blonde wrote:
Bella wrote:

Useless fact for you - this Feb 14th is the 30 year anniversary of Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean winning Gold medal for the UK at the Olympics :D :D :D

Are you coming to see Frank in Nottingham? In the box office area of the arena, they have the Bolero outfits on display in the air.
WHAT???!!!!!

The real ones?????

must be copies?

(*eeeeeep.. must not freak out.. must not freak out... must not freak out...*)

I remember watching it and sitting there turning blue while I held my breath as we waited for the marks... for some reason I thought this would help - and when all those 6's went across the board I realised they would have won anyway - how could they not!!

I think I propbably have other favorite routines (and costumes) of theirs... Bolero has been shown on repeat so many times....

Oscar Tango is an amazing routine & gorgeous costumes too :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X134rL2NNjM

Ummm what was the question? Yes - I'm doing Cardiff and (if I'm still alive) Notts too :-) :D :D :D

Bella
x
1084 Kilkenny, 1088 Dublin, 1139 Newport, 1255 Frome, 1301 Southampton, 1303 Bath, 1307 Cork, 1308 Galway, 1310 Dublin, 1324 Dublin. Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Southampton, 2000 Trees Cave, 2000 Trees Main Stage...many...lots

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 pm

Bella wrote:
Blonde wrote:
Bella wrote:

WHAT???!!!!!

The real ones?????

must be copies?

(*eeeeeep.. must not freak out.. must not freak out... must not freak out...*)
Seeing as Torville and Dean are from Nottingham, I always assumed it was the real outfits.

Cassie

Post by Cassie » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:29 am

Haven't checked in in a while...and we're at figure skating??? How did we get here?

On another note...I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow! I didn't really think I had any firsts left in me but decided to get my first tattoo to commemorate my first divorce. I hope this guy is good or I'm going to seriously regret this!

lareinedeslames

Post by lareinedeslames » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Cassie wrote:I'm getting my first tattoo tomorrow!
First tattoo! Congrats! What are you getting/where are you getting it?

Sadly I have nothing to add in the domain of ice skating/figure skating. I blame the fact that I've been living in Florida for 20 years--all winter-related things seem like a distant dream to me.

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:26 am

Congrats on tattoos and figure skating gloriousness! I'm kind of excited to experience the UK for the Olympics, as Canada is going to be having an aneurism about it, and it gets kind of old quickly.

Just making a general comment on dating here: it pretty much blows. I don't think I'm going to do it anymore. This after a prospect gave me a three hour lecture on economics, which I'm quite sure I slept through a good part of. Even the waiter tried to change the subject hahahaha. Poor dude. Maybe he will find an economist lady and they can talk about derivatives all the way back to his place.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

seamiedev

Post by seamiedev » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:22 pm

:D

darlenet.

Post by darlenet. » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:46 pm

[quote="Venomous_Bear"]Just making a general comment on dating here: it pretty much blows.[/I quote]

Sounds so borrring! Hang in there!

Can't even begin to tell you what's out there at my age. I don't even subject myself to "dating" per se. If I meet someone and we hit it off, fine. But absolutely no set-ups from friends. Ugh. Top topics of conversation: health, health, health. Actually had an evening out with a guy who asked me to take his blood pressure! Was that his idea of fore play? Just kill me.
shows? 90 so far...

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:06 am

darlenet. wrote:
Venomous_Bear wrote:Just making a general comment on dating here: it pretty much blows.[/I quote]

Sounds so borrring! Hang in there!

Can't even begin to tell you what's out there at my age. I don't even subject myself to "dating" per se. If I meet someone and we hit it off, fine. But absolutely no set-ups from friends. Ugh. Top topics of conversation: health, health, health. Actually had an evening out with a guy who asked me to take his blood pressure! Was that his idea of fore play? Just kill me.
Haha that's the whole thing: I find certain aspects of economics fascinating, but I guess he figured I knew nothing at all, so I got the 101. Whomp whomp. And even then, a lecture in university was never more than 1 hr. I should go easier on the guy, maybe. I'm pretty awesome at finding ways to embarrass myself when I like someone. Maybe I'll send him a note back and let him know why I'm not pursuing it. Gently.

Hahaha blood pressure, eh? Good line hahaha. Yeah, it's tough out there. I'm gunna take myself out of it. It was too soon anyway.
Toronto (x3), Hatfield, Derry, London (x2), Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Detroit, Buffalo, Boston (x4), Ottawa, Fake London, Nottingham, Manchester, Portsmouth

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:43 pm

Interview for Head of Department in Kent in the morning so I'm having to miss the Liam Frost show I have tickets for in Manchester tonight in order to get there on time. I'm in two minds as to if I want the job though, if I get it then it means I'm back teaching what I want to teach and have a lot more job security than I have right now but it means leaving Liverpool and god knows I spent long enough trying to get there. I guess you could say it's win win, as if I don't get it I can stop in Liverpool that bit longer.
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

lareinedeslames

Post by lareinedeslames » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:Just making a general comment on dating here: it pretty much blows.
darlenet. wrote: I don't even subject myself to "dating" per se. If I meet someone and we hit it off, fine.
I'm not even 30 and I'm giving up on dating more or less. I meet people from time to time, but thus far every date I've set up or been set up on has been a bust.

In other news, I am STILL sick. The nasty flu brought with it a secondary infection, for which I am taking antibiotics and a steroid. Fun! The cough is getting me loads of interesting glances from coworkers, and of course my voice is not anywhere near recovered, as evidenced by the fact that while trying to sing along to Regina Spektor in the grocery store yesterday, my voice literally just cut out on several notes--no sound at all. Fortunately, I'm getting a little bit better every day, but I'm an impatient soul.
Rubber_Soul wrote:Interview for Head of Department in Kent in the morning so I'm having to miss the Liam Frost show I have tickets for in Manchester tonight in order to get there on time.
Good luck, I guess? As you mentioned you're sort of okay either way, but I hope things work out for the best.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:50 pm

lareinedeslames wrote:
Rubber_Soul wrote:Interview for Head of Department in Kent in the morning so I'm having to miss the Liam Frost show I have tickets for in Manchester tonight in order to get there on time.
Good luck, I guess? As you mentioned you're sort of okay either way, but I hope things work out for the best.

Cheers, what will be will be I guess. Hope you feel better soon, being ill sucks!
My acoustic sessions and history of Addistock gigs etc... - http://addistock.wordpress.com/

Find Addistock on facebook and twitter here - - http://www.facebook.com/AddistockSessions or http://twitter.com/addistock

helentx

Post by helentx » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:51 pm

Venomous_Bear wrote:Just making a general comment on dating here: it pretty much blows. I don't think I'm going to do it anymore. This after a prospect gave me a three hour lecture on economics, which I'm quite sure I slept through a good part of. Even the waiter tried to change the subject hahahaha. Poor dude. Maybe he will find an economist lady and they can talk about derivatives all the way back to his place.
Thought of you VB & smiled when I read this headline on my way into work this morning. :)

"Online dating tips from the world of economics"
HAVE you ever turned to the neoclassical synthesis or the efficient markets hypothesis to help you to find love?

We’d wager not, but having spent some time on Match.com, Stanford professor Paul Oyer has written a book: Everything I Ever Needed To Know About Economics I Learned From Online Dating.

Whether you believe Keynesianism can help you find love or not – here are four economic theories which could help you if you’re looking for the one:

1 Thick Market Effect: The more options there are in a market the more likely a buyer or seller is to find a match. Dating lesson? If you want something specific – go to a bigger search area.

2 Adverse Selection: This is the theory around the danger of hidden information. It applies to buying cars, employing people and picking people out on dating sites. Dating lesson? Someone who has been on a dating site a long time is likely to have something to hide and is therefore best avoided.

3 Signalling: This economic theory is about credibly conveying something about yourself to someone. When it comes to online dating, you might tell someone you’re very interested but it’s hard to prove. Oyer’s advice is to go all out on the first date – wear nice clothes, pay the bill, tip well.

4 Search theory: This is about whether to accept the best option available or to keep looking for something. Oyer is quick to remind readers there is no such thing as the perfect mate. “At some point stop and love the one you’re with.”

http://www.cityam.com/article/139026714 ... -economics

Venomous_Bear

Post by Venomous_Bear » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:14 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:
lareinedeslames wrote:

Cheers, what will be will be I guess. Hope you feel better soon, being ill sucks!
Hope the interview went well, and that everyone is feeling better? Yes?

@helentx, bahaha, interesting. I also read this:
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2014/ ... okcupid/2/

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:40 pm

Went roller skating tonight. Thought my skating improved after having a vodka. Then I fell over :( at least I didn't have to be carried out like one kid did.