The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:53 pm

LeighAnn wrote:
Pete wrote:See Newmy, your time will come.

We really should have an ailments thread, I think there's enough of us of an age where things start to break.
Pete, are you calling me old?
Hahahaha, not at all. I'm just saying there's a large number of US that are past our days as teen whippersnappers, who wake up either with a bad back or needing the toilet at 4am, who seek out clubs with seats and slighly quieter than deafening music (gigs excepted), who spend two days in bed for every one night out, who worry about how they're going to feel in the morning (but still do it anyway), but who obviously utilise their wisdom and life lessons to out-cunning those of lesser years.... :-)

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:57 pm

haha. nice backtracking there.

OK, I admit, I am old. I'm old enough to be the parent of some of the members here. And shock and horor, at one gig, I actually had someone ask me if I was Frank's mother. WTF!!!!!
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 pm

So hold on Pete...are you now trying to join the "older persons" club, after countless times of mocking those older than you?
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Hahaha, the new influx of board members has persuaded me to change sides ;)

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Maybe you're not welcome
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:01 pm

haha. as if the old person's club is the cool place to be :/
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:07 pm

I'm a catch, you should embrace this as a victory. By implication this means you also get Frank and Ben as they're both older than me...

Come on.... Embrace me!

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Pete wrote:I'm a catch, you should embrace this as a victory. By implication this means you also get Frank and Ben as they're both older than me...

Come on.... Embrace me!
Naaaa. Turn 30 and then we'll talk. Until then, you're just another wet behind the ears nipper.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:08 pm

speaking of needing 2 days to recover for one night out, I'm going to need some suggestion, other than strummerville, of worthwhile "nights out" for the 2 weeks I'm hanging in London. 2 weeks without husband or kiddo, almost like being an irresponsible young person again :D

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:15 pm

LeighAnn wrote:speaking of needing 2 days to recover for one night out, I'm going to need some suggestion, other than strummerville, of worthwhile "nights out" for the 2 weeks I'm hanging in London. 2 weeks without husband or kiddo, almost like being an irresponsible young person again :D
Man alive...I am so out pf touch these days it's not even funny. Do they still do things at night in London? I figured it all shut down about 7 o'clock.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm

443 days and counting

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Evan wrote: Man alive...I am so out pf touch these days it's not even funny. Do they still do things at night in London? I figured it all shut down about 7 o'clock.
That's what parenthood does to you. Rolling in at 3am isn't as fun when you have a little one that doesn't understand the need to sleep off the night.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Pete wrote:443 days and counting
and once you hit 30, you do have to do math anymore. brain is rotted by then.

Evan

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm

LeighAnn wrote:
Evan wrote: Man alive...I am so out pf touch these days it's not even funny. Do they still do things at night in London? I figured it all shut down about 7 o'clock.
That's what parenthood does to you. Rolling in at 3am isn't as fun when you have a little one that doesn't understand the need to sleep off the night.
Ahhh but worth it all. She started saying "Dada" this morning. Not at me as such, but in general.

I also hear reports she pointed a pig and said "iggy" a number of times today. Pisses me right off being at work and missing it.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:25 pm

aaaaaaaaa.