The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Rags
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:10 pm
Location: The sofa

Post by Rags » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Today I put up a bit of fence, watched the rugby, put up the rest of the fence and am now sore, blistered but very happy with the results
23.08.08, 04.02.09, 29.10.09, 19.06.10, 12.12.10, 31.12.10, 18.02.11, 21.04.11, 07.07.11, 26.08.11 X2, 24.11.11, 26.11.11, 27.11.11, 13.04.12, 20.08.12, 23.08.13

User avatar
_amy_
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:08 pm
Location: Glasgow

Post by _amy_ » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:22 am

I just had a dream in which Frank said he was too busy to do anything else because
I have to do my thesis -ft
How odd

User avatar
nellied
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: York

Post by nellied » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:26 am

How do people type with two fingers all the time and not go insane. Trying to write my necropsy report like that since I've broken fingers at the weekend its driving me insane. Its going to take forever. :(
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 am

As if putting it in one fucking discussion board wasn't enough. ARGGGHHHHHH!

User avatar
nellied
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: York

Post by nellied » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:54 pm

Pete wrote:As if putting it in one fucking discussion board wasn't enough. ARGGGHHHHHH!
Agreed. :evil:
Past: '09: 29/8 '10: 17/3 26/8 27/8 3/12 11/12 31/12 '11: 17/2 5/3 21/4 (#1k) 9/5 13/5 15/5 7/7 3/8 6/8 26a/8 26b/8 13/9 14/9 15/9 17/9 18/9 24/11 26/11 27/11 '12 13/4 7/7 13/11 31/1 '13: 1/1
Upcoming ?

User avatar
LeighAnn
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm

I've got to get an appointment with an orthopedic doc. I've been putting it off for several months, hoping my knee would heal on its own. fucking hell. I fell last fall while running (I run at 5:30 am and in the pitch dark I stepped off the trail) but it seemed to have healed, until I hyper-extended it in Jan. I can now walk without pain, but stairs hurt, and I can't run. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss running. I'm returning to my slug-like ways which is not good. Ack. I hope the doc can do something for me without surgery. The idea of surgery terrifies me.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Slightly less scary, but similar theme... I have managed to miss my appointment with the hygienist at the dentist twice and my dental surgery once through going out and getting blind drunk the night before to try and block out the thought of it. I now owe the dentist several hundred pounds and still need a fuck load of work.

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Pete wrote:Slightly less scary, but similar theme... I have managed to miss my appointment with the hygienist at the dentist twice and my dental surgery once through going out and getting blind drunk the night before to try and block out the thought of it. I now owe the dentist several hundred pounds and still need a fuck load of work.
I don't get the whole dentist-phobia thing. I was with a friend the other day who was about to go to a dentist appointment and this usually confident and reasonable guy was sort of reduced to a trembling wreck at the thought of going to the dentist. It just doesn't bother me at all.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

Experience dependent I suppose. When I was confined to a Trowbridge NHS dentist who spoke no English and started drilling into my face then whispering over the top of me in hush tones, carried on doing so for half an hour and then told me in the very broken English he could muster to cancel all my plans the day before my 18th birthday as i was likely to experience 'severe pain' once the local anaesthetic wore off, it leaves you slightly less confident in the dental process. It was only supposed to be a small filling!

We can't all have had the luxury of private dental care since our yoof, Newmy ;)

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Pete wrote:Experience dependent I suppose. When I was confined to a Trowbridge NHS dentist who spoke no English and started drilling into my face then whispering over the top of me in hush tones, carried on doing so for half an hour and then told me in the very broken English he could muster to cancel all my plans the day before my 18th birthday as i was likely to experience 'severe pain' once the local anaesthetic wore off, it leaves you slightly less confident in the dental process. It was only supposed to be a small filling!

We can't all have had the luxury of private dental care since our yoof, Newmy ;)
I suppose the other issue for you, being such an old man and all, was that you were around before they started putting fluoride in the water.

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:31 pm

Yep, in my days they put glass in water, just to show how tough we all were.

In Evan's day, it were lead.

User avatar
LeighAnn
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Pete, I feel your pain. I need some dental work. I've avoided it, but know that it will only get worse. Everytime the dentist does some sort of work (I have a couple old fillings that have cracked the back molars) my tooth never recovers. The oral surgeon told me that my teeth dont react to trauma well.

To top it off. I have issues with novocain. It doesn't work well for me, and is very very short acting. Trust me, dental work without much pain relief is hell. But dont want to talk about all that now.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:39 pm

See Newmy, your time will come.

We really should have an ailments thread, I think there's enough of us of an age where things start to break.

User avatar
LeighAnn
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: NC, USA
Contact:

Post by LeighAnn » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Pete wrote:See Newmy, your time will come.

We really should have an ailments thread, I think there's enough of us of an age where things start to break.
Pete, are you calling me old?
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Evan
Posts: 1839
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Post by Evan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

LeighAnn wrote:
Pete wrote:See Newmy, your time will come.

We really should have an ailments thread, I think there's enough of us of an age where things start to break.
Pete, are you calling me old?
I am up for an ailments thread. And I have some horrific dental stories too.
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests