The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Another Round

Post by Another Round » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:58 pm

h26 wrote:
Blonde wrote:
h26 wrote: i was so happy to just get my tickets (from seetickets) yesterday, but now......... :(

that is amazing!
My Notts tickets arrived on Wednesday...

And they forgot Frank's beard on that drawing!
yep RR tix wed; sugarmill tix yesterday

and you're right - that drawing is actually rubbish. i could do better myself !
I hope Frank doesn't see that comment. He put a lot of work into those self portraits. At least that's what I made myself believe when my tickets dropped through the door.

And there's always one that has to go one better and get the zebra drawing!!
Kingston - 680, SBE - 730, Union Chapel - 770, Kingston 10 - 772, Glastonbury 2010 (Queens Head - 870 / Strummerville - 871), Roundhouse (iTunes 2010) - 881, Strummerville - 1000, Kingston 11 - 1031.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:10 am

Watching footage from Japanese earthquake / tsunami. Fucking insane, I've never seen footage like this of a natural disaster.

LizLP

Post by LizLP » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 am

Pete wrote:Watching footage from Japanese earthquake / tsunami. Fucking insane, I've never seen footage like this of a natural disaster.
Yeah.. My best friend is over there.... I'm fucking worried right now!!! Though she's in Tokyo, so no tsunami there, but still that damn earthquake.. Gaah D:
Stand up sons of liberty and fight for what you own. Stand up sons of liberty and fight, fight for your homes <3

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:17 am

LizLP wrote:
Pete wrote:Watching footage from Japanese earthquake / tsunami. Fucking insane, I've never seen footage like this of a natural disaster.
Yeah.. My best friend is over there.... I'm fucking worried right now!!! Though she's in Tokyo, so no tsunami there, but still that damn earthquake.. Gaah D:
Wouldn't worry too much. One of my best mates is also there, will try and contact him later today but from the sound of the news Tokyo is fine, power still on, no structural damage, just public transport and phone networks fucked.

Will be hitting the pacific basin countries in next hour or two which will be critical, they don't have the defence / prep / building quality of Japan. Some islands could just get washed away.

LizLP

Post by LizLP » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:20 am

Pete wrote:
LizLP wrote:
Wouldn't worry too much. One of my best mates is also there, will try and contact him later today but from the sound of the news Tokyo is fine, power still on, no structural damage, just public transport and phone networks fucked.

Will be hitting the pacific basin countries in next hour or two which will be critical, they don't have the defence / prep / building quality of Japan. Some islands could just get washed away.
Hm okay, swedish newspapers haven't said anything more than earthquake M8.8 hitting Tokyo and surrounding areas plus tsunami hitting Miyagi. So that information was new to me. Thanks! A bit less worried now!
Stand up sons of liberty and fight for what you own. Stand up sons of liberty and fight, fight for your homes <3

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:24 am

Fortunately British taxpayers pay to have journalists posted in every country everywhere so the BBC have a guy in Tokyo on live stream chatting away giving updates every few mins. Fear in Tokyo is any kind of aftershock, but they seem fine at present

LizLP

Post by LizLP » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:26 am

Lucky... We just have two major newspapers that actually are serious. The rest is just bullshit...

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:26 am

Oh, they're all bullshit...

LizLP

Post by LizLP » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:29 am

Hahahah, true. Though some are a bit less bullshit than the other...

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:30 am

Yeah, and politicising the media aside, this footage is fucking astonishing, they've got footage of some kind of whirlpool in the sea sucking a boat in. Terrifying, hope that no one was on it.

LizLP

Post by LizLP » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:36 am

Scary...

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 pm

At least Japan is quite well prepared for earthquakes so there is minimal damage from that. If they weren't, the death toll would be so much worse from the earthquake alone.

Its the tsunami that is the real worry, watching it on tv, it looked like it was never going to stop. Its scary to think that whole islands could be engulfed by a wave that is higher than them.

Evan

Post by Evan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:09 pm

I just bought this, and am very happy.

http://www.itstimetoreact.com/store/pro ... cts_id=380
Beverley, Birmingham, Blackheath, Boston, Cheltenham, Dublin, Donington, Guildford, Hatfield, Hoboken, Knebworth, Latitude, Leamington Spa, London, Manchester, New York, Nottingham, Oxford, Reading, Sayreville, Sheffield, Southend, Wembley, Wolverhampton.

LeighAnn

Post by LeighAnn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:38 pm

I've been watching news of Japan. Horrific. I was able to reach my mother who is in Hawaii. They were evacuated but thankfully her home had no damage.
[url=htthttp://www.last.fm/user/FendersRock]my ears[/url] ~ my eyes ~ myspaz ~ my biz

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:11 pm

Some photos from Japan showing the devastation http://www.flickr.com/photos/antongorbo ... otostream/