The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

greg

Post by greg » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

David wrote:
teamescape wrote:Did you say you weren't allowed to mention who you got a training contract with or did I just make that up?
I think he probably just didn't want to publicise his employer on this board, seeing as it is currently populated by quite a few people who i suspect are slightly mental.
yeah, that's a good way of putting it.

thepriceofreality

Post by thepriceofreality » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:50 pm

Kirsty_H wrote:I qualified in 94. so have elected to leave diabetes to the keenie beanies aka my slaves. Instead I went and got a wrap and cake, and laughed for an hour at an old friend who has just confesed to letting his male PE teacher watch him strip in exchange for pot noodles.

I did like Mt Turners' Dylan cover, but I thought his voice isn't deep enough to cope with the really very low Dylan gravel chewing / Johnny Casheque scale /octive shifts. But that's just me.
Enjoy your essays. Off to go for a run in the rain.
lmao

also, out of interest, what's your diabetes paper about?

newmy

Post by newmy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm feeling rather upset today. I cannot find my original copy of ASTR anywhere. I fear I may have lost it somewhere during my moving house, or left it somewhere having taken it with me on some journey or other...
:cry: :cry: :cry:
I've got the re-issue but, y'know, it's not really the same is it.

On a related note, it's hard to see you downloaders out there getting upset about losing a folder of music on your computer...I don't want to bring "that" debate into this thread, but thought I'd just raise this as a little extra point.

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:58 am

newmy wrote:On a related note, it's hard to see you downloaders out there getting upset about losing a folder of music on your computer....

Because it's backed up?
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

greg

Post by greg » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:20 am

is it even possible to lose something on a computer?

spotlight / ctrl+f should do the trick

martin

Post by martin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:22 am

Just download it again. 'no biggie' - it was free, afterall.
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

Gerry

Post by Gerry » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Someone on my course called me a cunt for no reason what so ever "You're a cunt, I don't like you fuck off" Some thing along those lines, . I'd have twatted them one but people tend to look down on people who hit girls.

I could have taken a fucking brick to her massive nose.
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Just got back from hockey; so much for playing the match and coming home early and doing some work. Had just a few pints and three jagerbombs (an impressive 20 jagerbomb line being done by the bar we were at)

Played in goal today. Only my third game in goal ever. Got man of the match. Smug.

Need to go to bed as I'm supposed to be on a paediatric ward round at 8 tomorrow. Bad times.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:55 am

greg wrote:
teamescape wrote:
greg wrote:i don't want to get into a game of "out-boring", but i am currently preparing for a tutorial on "interests in land". i guarantee that the law of property act 1925 is less interesting than diabetes, and potentially even less interesting than bob dylan
Ah. How are all the legal studies going so far then Greg? Did you say you weren't allowed to mention who you got a training contract with or did I just make that up?
they are going OK, although it's all a bit boring at times, as above.

i am "allowed" to say who i have a training contract with, but for some reason am hesitant to announce who i will be employed by to all and sundry on the internet. happy to tell you via the privacy of email, although i realise you probably aren't that bothered.

what about you? are you doing the LPC or have i got that wrong?
I decided against the LPC as I didn't fancy paying for it myself. Currently 'paralegalling' it somewhere in greater London in an RTA department...one of those firms that calls itself a 'solicitors' but you'd be hard pressed to point out any actual qualified practitioners. Good litigation experience despite the poor money and dull content. I keep going to apply for training contracts but I just can't summon up the energy to do so or I can't figure out which firms I've got a chance with.

How many firms did you apply to before you were accepted? I'm determined to spend all of next weekend getting applications sorted out as there's quite a few decent december/january deadlines coming up.
Stu

Kirsty_H

Post by Kirsty_H » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:08 am

[

also, out of interest, what's your diabetes paper about?[/quote]

Not ignoring you or googling clever diabetes reply from Patient UK- was out looking at breathing zones yesterday and my arch enemy CO. That really is scary stuff.
The diabetes report was about managing type 1 diabetes for the 16+ brigade. Lots of factors make it quite a bumpy time for them. As if being an hormonal teenager was not shit enough.

BTW- I am a complete lunatic and cannot cope with life, which is why I love this forum. But in vague reference to another post I do worry about people who give out so much private info. Maybe that is just the mother in me.
I have never found, in a long experience of politics, that criticism is ever inhibited by ignorance

DanIrelle

Post by DanIrelle » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:12 am

marky mark wrote:Just got back from hockey; so much for playing the match and coming home early and doing some work. Had just a few pints and three jagerbombs (an impressive 20 jagerbomb line being done by the bar we were at)

Played in goal today. Only my third game in goal ever. Got man of the match. Smug.

Need to go to bed as I'm supposed to be on a paediatric ward round at 8 tomorrow. Bad times.
I used to love suiting up the goalkeeper in hockey. I was a defender and I remember the goalie used to ask me to scratch her face whenever she had an itch ha! It never cost us a goal though, we're professionals.
Aprils wrote:Now we've just got DaniEreEllle

Kirsty_H

Post by Kirsty_H » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:56 am

I used to be a goalie, way back when, and was first xi goalie for at my education excuse for toffs for 2 years. Got a crap memory of broken ribs where stick went up thorugh chest pad (you know the hole by the kidneys?). My toes still throb when I remember stopping short corners on the very front of the shin pads/ kickers. Ouch.
I think I am gross, because I used to borrow my boyfirned's gum shiled when I couldn't find mine. He's bald (and lives in France now), so hoepfully it is becaseu I gave the bastard some fucking horrid illness. Shiftless unfaithful bastard man.....anyway....

I still have hockey player's calf muscles. But sadly the arse of a drinker now too.
I have never found, in a long experience of politics, that criticism is ever inhibited by ignorance

Kirsty_H

Post by Kirsty_H » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:58 am

No spell check today. Apols.

Kirsty

Post by Kirsty » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Doing Hellrunner on Sunday, whooo.

http://tinyurl.com/yf9ob2m

thepriceofreality

Post by thepriceofreality » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm

marky mark wrote:Just got back from hockey; so much for playing the match and coming home early and doing some work. Had just a few pints and three jagerbombs (an impressive 20 jagerbomb line being done by the bar we were at)

oooo, hungover ward round... and at 8! i feel for you. I'm in clinical biochem at the moment - which is such an easy rotation... just nice clinics for me :)