The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

greg
Posts: 3290
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:42 pm

Post by greg » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:16 pm

oh god. i just left a completely inept sounding answerphone message with a potential employer. i feel like mark corrigan.

User avatar
Fezbob
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:10 pm
Location: Wrexham
Contact:

Post by Fezbob » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Was it anything like this?
Jeremy Osborne: Ah, you see! He did do it, but for a nice reason. Who's the racist now, Mark?
Mark Corrigan: [on telephone] Er, Sophie. If you heard that, please ignore it. I'm not a racist. Far from it. Anyway... it's good to hear your voice. I know it's only a recording but you have got a bloody nice voice and...
[laughs lamely]
Mark Corrigan: God, I just called up to say hi and then...
[singing]
Mark Corrigan: Then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like... I like you. I mean, not that. But anyway... I noticed that the paper in the photocopier is running a bit low so... I know it's not really your job but... You know, so... see you tomorrow.
[puts the telephone down]
Mark Corrigan: Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!
Jeremy Osborne: Oh, fuck!
Mark Corrigan: Oh, my God.
Jeremy Osborne: Jesus!
Mark Corrigan: I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Fezbob wrote:Was it anything like this?
Jeremy Osborne: Ah, you see! He did do it, but for a nice reason. Who's the racist now, Mark?
Mark Corrigan: [on telephone] Er, Sophie. If you heard that, please ignore it. I'm not a racist. Far from it. Anyway... it's good to hear your voice. I know it's only a recording but you have got a bloody nice voice and...
[laughs lamely]
Mark Corrigan: God, I just called up to say hi and then...
[singing]
Mark Corrigan: Then I go and spoil it all by saying something stupid like... I like you. I mean, not that. But anyway... I noticed that the paper in the photocopier is running a bit low so... I know it's not really your job but... You know, so... see you tomorrow.
[puts the telephone down]
Mark Corrigan: Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!
Jeremy Osborne: Oh, fuck!
Mark Corrigan: Oh, my God.
Jeremy Osborne: Jesus!
Mark Corrigan: I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I think probably one of the best bits of televisual comedy discomfort ever.

janiejones
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by janiejones » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:13 pm

i miss peep show. its back on in july, apparently.

User avatar
benb
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:20 pm
Location: Hertfordshire

Post by benb » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Yeah, that really is one of the best moments in TV history.

janiejones
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by janiejones » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 pm

when he attempts to explain to sophie that jeremy is on crack/smack. god that ep is laughs.

User avatar
Chris Twat
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:31 am
Location: C'mon, smokes, let's go.

Post by Chris Twat » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm

janiejones wrote:i miss peep show. its back on in july, apparently.
I think they're filming it soon and showing it in the Autumn time.
Image

janiejones
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by janiejones » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:53 am

Chris Twat wrote:
janiejones wrote:i miss peep show. its back on in july, apparently.
I think they're filming it soon and showing it in the Autumn time.
really? i thought they filmed this coming season last year, with a view to record season 7 this year?

autumn though? thats fucking ages of :(

currently watching season 1,

FUCKING PEADO! FUCKING CLEAN SHIRT!

Pete
Posts: 6621
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:54 am

Sick murderous bastard? Apparently so.

Great taste in wigs? You betcha

Image

The one on the left is just incredible.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

User avatar
newmy
Posts: 2336
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:23 pm
Location: London

Post by newmy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 am

Pete wrote:Sick murderous bastard? Apparently so.

Great taste in wigs? You betcha

Image

The one on the left is just incredible.
That was a WIG!? I saw that pic in the paper a few months ago and just thought "he looks like he's gone a bit mental". What on earth was he thinking. I suppose he could have just been going for the mentalist look.

martin
Posts: 4066
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by martin » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:29 am

to be honest, the one on the left is a considerable improvement on the one on the right. shambolic effort.
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

User avatar
Gerry
Posts: 1493
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:15 pm
Location: Notts
Contact:

Post by Gerry » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:20 am

The one in the middle looks like he's stolen boris johnson's entire scalp.

Peep show is a stroke of genius
Adam_Bennett wrote:..I'm a folk rock musician similar to Boucher and everyone else.

Tony
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Post by Tony » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:23 pm

I'm now sporting a full on plaster cast.

I did think it was strange that the hospital only gave me a tubigrip and crutches after I broke my foot at Idlewild last month. The assessment today was that the foot is worse than it was originally and now I 'qualify' for a plaster cast.

skhmmi
Posts: 1278
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:13 am
Location: Oxfordshire

Post by skhmmi » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:56 pm

skhmmi wrote:
Pete wrote:Kirsty / Dee, could i recommend a book for you / your respective partner. Haruki Murakami - Things I talk about when I talk about running.
The title appears to be "What I talk about when I talk about running", but I'll take that recommendation too, just ordered it off Play for a fiver.
Pete, just to say I am loving this book, first few chapters are excellent, cheers for drawing my attention to it. :)

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Japan

Post by Nick » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:59 pm

He's a really good author - his fiction is definitely worth a look as well.
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest