The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

janiejones

Post by janiejones » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:01 am

Pete wrote:Got to have been 999. Put me off Javelin for life in another episode. Also means i never drive behind lorries loaded with anything that could fall off. Stopped watching the show as was hindering my being!
was 999 the one with michael burke presenting it? for some reason, i vividly remember just one episode, all about water/drowing.

Prester John

Post by Prester John » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 am

Remember the javelin one, or maybe there was more than one? I can't remember how, but i recall someone being impaled on some iron railings. Have no idea how that came about. Micheal Burke, the voice of my safety neurosis...

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Ah 999...that was such an ace show.

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:30 pm

999 used to scare the shit out of me, seriously that show caused way more nightmares than anything else. watching it before you go to bed to see people in fires, car accidents and god knows what was bound to do something to my fragile young mind.

tosh

Post by tosh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:45 pm

I used to love that show so much. The one that sticks in my mind the most was the girl who got stuck between her and her neighbours house. There was a small gap, and she thought it would be fun to go through to her backgarden that way rather than through the house. Can't remember how they got her out though...
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

Rubber_Soul

Post by Rubber_Soul » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:54 pm

tosh wrote:I used to love that show so much. The one that sticks in my mind the most was the girl who got stuck between her and her neighbours house. There was a small gap, and she thought it would be fun to go through to her backgarden that way rather than through the house. Can't remember how they got her out though...
she's still there, they feed her through a very long straw

newmy

Post by newmy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:
tosh wrote:I used to love that show so much. The one that sticks in my mind the most was the girl who got stuck between her and her neighbours house. There was a small gap, and she thought it would be fun to go through to her backgarden that way rather than through the house. Can't remember how they got her out though...
Haha! I remember that one! I'm pretty sure they actually had to carefully deconstruct part of the wall of her house and then pull her through.
I also have one that comes to mind where some guy got his leg mangled in a rotavator.

tosh

Post by tosh » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:38 pm

newmy wrote:
Rubber_Soul wrote:
Haha! I remember that one! I'm pretty sure they actually had to carefully deconstruct part of the wall of her house and then pull her through.
I also have one that comes to mind where some guy got his leg mangled in a rotavator.
Was that the farmer? I think I remember that one too! strange.
Barry wrote:
I'm out

David

Post by David » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:23 pm

newmy wrote:
Rubber_Soul wrote:
I remember that one too! 999 fucking scared me as a child. I remember one where a guy got stranded at sea for ages - he ended up constructing a water capturing machine from a coat.

Ben

Post by Ben » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:00 am

I remember one where a man was rather careless with a chainsaw, and pretty much cut both his legs off.

tosh

Post by tosh » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:13 am

That is rather careless.

Got woken up this morning by loud banging and sawing, realised it was in my flat, went out the to the hall to inspect and found 2 carpenters taking off and sawing down 3 bedroom doors. This was at half 8 in the morning, btw. By 08:45, they were taking my doors off the hinges and chucked me out of my bed. Still no idea what they're actually doing to the doors/who sent them, but I'm currently indulging in some carpenter chat with a cup of tea. Nice.
Barry wrote:
I'm out

newmy

Post by newmy » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:42 am

My morning has been unexpectedly pleasant. After having to pull out of a weekend break to Portugal due to being ill, I was in a pretty bleak mood. My mood was however lifted no end by a completely out of the blue and rather generous tax refund from the DWP for 455 quid! Amazing.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 pm

Don't ever watch Bizarre ER on BBC3 then, if 999 put you off! Especially not just before going to bed. The bits I saw of one episode before I couldn't take anymore was a guy who crashed his BMW and got a wooden spike impaled through his arse. Then there was another guy who'd slashed his arm open and his wife sewed it up before going to hospital. Finally there was a woman who's finger had got caught in a dog lead and it sliced the top of her finger off. It shows it in all the gory detail.

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:34 pm

newmy wrote:My morning has been unexpectedly pleasant. After having to pull out of a weekend break to Portugal due to being ill, I was in a pretty bleak mood. My mood was however lifted no end by a completely out of the blue and rather generous tax refund from the DWP for 455 quid! Amazing.
Probably for the best, if you'd gone to Portugal you might have got pig flu and we all know how serious that is.

2 days off work and some night nurse.

Blonde

Post by Blonde » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:20 pm

Chris Twat wrote:
newmy wrote:My morning has been unexpectedly pleasant. After having to pull out of a weekend break to Portugal due to being ill, I was in a pretty bleak mood. My mood was however lifted no end by a completely out of the blue and rather generous tax refund from the DWP for 455 quid! Amazing.
Probably for the best, if you'd gone to Portugal you might have got pig flu and we all know how serious that is.
Yeah, I tried phoning the NHS Direct earlier and all I got was crackling.

I'm here all week!