The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

newmy

Post by newmy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Soooo.....without wanting to spark off some great discussion about it all, I notice that Jade Goody's finally popped it.
Anyone actually care that much?
Didn't think so.
Goodnight.

Pown

Post by Pown » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 am

So she was famous for being a massive racist twat on big brother.

Anyone else think that it is disgusting that the prime minister of a developed country leads a big tribute to her and not to the countless other far greater people who have died over the years?
Kenny wrote:Pown-ed :wink:

tosh

Post by tosh » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:24 am

Marta wrote:Unfortunately, most people would just walk straight past.

This is because:

-According to Latane and Darley's decision model, before bystanders intervene, they must:
NOTICE the situation.
INTERPRET it as an emergency.
ACCEPT some personal responsibility.
CONSIDER best form of intervention.
DECIDE how to implement intervention.

-Piliavin's arousal:cost-reward model, on the other hand, states that the costs of helping (effort, risk of harm...) might outweigh the rewards of helping (social approval, increased self-esteem...) / costs of not helping (damaged self-esteem, disapproval...)

A level psychology FTW.
that brought back some awful psychology memories!

on the subject of jade goody: she has raised awareness by making sure her ordeal was high profile, so there were positives to a pretty mundane situation. Were I dying with children, I'd be ensuring I was doing all I could to fund for them when I was gone, so I understand her decision. I never once liked her, but it's a shame what she's gone through.

I didn't get the statement from Brown though. 'Why?'
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:31 am

Normally I can get away with being a cunt when a celebrity dies. However, when I started cracking jokes about Jade 'Obese-racist-media-whore-downs-downs-moon-face' Goody and just generally expressing my disgust for her and her family yesterday, I got stick from people. I was stunned.

How can you not hate that? Cervical cancer or no cervical cancer - She was still a cunt.
Stu

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 am

I noticed on the front page of The Sun today it says about her mum "She lost her beautiful daughter." and some crap magazine paid tribute to "the amazing life of Jade Goody".

By no means could she be described as beautiful, she looks like a pig and she certainly did not have an amazing life. She was a public figurehead for national stupidity. Twat.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:45 am

She died on the same day three coffins containing our soldiers landed back in the UK. Shame Brown and Cameron didn't see fit to comment on that.

Our society will burn and we'll have no one to blame but ourselves.

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:47 am

I'm sure the Daily Mail will manage to pin it on immigrants.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:49 am

I'm sure the Guardian will espouse how it's another example of our beautifully free society being able to mourn as it so chooses. Right and the left are as big a cunt as the other. (see M Moore v G Bush)

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:52 am

And The Sun, The Star and News of the World will just have pictures of tits.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:54 am

No problems there... I'd much rather spend my day looking at pics of tits rather than reading about the one's in government

greg

Post by greg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:56 am

Teamescape you dickhead. "oooh look at me, I'm so edgey". Jog on.

Of course the reaction to her death is disproportionate and a bit odd, but I struggle to see how that negates the point that a 27 year old mother of two has died, which is an incredibly sad thing. I just don't understand why people would feel so filled with vitriol about her.

Chris Twat

Post by Chris Twat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:59 am

It's a far more productive way to spend your time. And it tends to make a guy less angry.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:04 pm

greg wrote:Teamescape you dickhead. "oooh look at me, I'm so edgey". Jog on.

Of course the reaction to her death is disproportionate and a bit odd, but I struggle to see how that negates the point that a 27 year old mother of two has died, which is an incredibly sad thing. I just don't understand why people would feel so filled with vitriol about her.
Hmmm... It is indeed sad, but i think the vitriol would come from most people knowing someone impacted by cancer and would be aimed rather mistakenly at Goody when it should be aimed at the tabloids.

The whole 'courageous' line being spun is what gets most people I think. What else was she supposed to do? Pack up and top herself? People die every single day sadly and for those hanging about life meanders on, if we get caught up talking about every early loss of life we'd never stop mourning. Jade Goody arguably did less than most to deserve public sympathy and through media whoredom has positioned those around her more than comfortably whilst i'm sure there are young mum's of two leaving kids without either parent and without more than a couple of quid and the hope of a life with their grandparents all around the world that are far more 'deserving' of our sympathy but we do not hear of them.

I would never wish death on anyone (except maybe the entire current cabinet) yet by the same token i certainly won't get offended by some of the vitriol aimed at Goody - it doesn't come close to the saccharine bullshit being peddled by every two bit tabloid these last few weeks and today. 2 wrongs don't make a right i realise, but there are far more important things to get one's knickers in a twist about.

martin

Post by martin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:09 pm

greg wrote:Teamescape you dickhead. "oooh look at me, I'm so edgey". Jog on.

i'd imagine it's largely to do with her being absolutely fucking everywhere for the last 2 months. i hope my 'last few hours' also happen to last three weeks.
"they cant even read what their selling, dirty bastards"

greg

Post by greg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:14 pm

I'm not denying that the whole exercise of dying in public has been downright bizarre, but my sympathy lies with her children who have a) had no choice in any of this whatsoever, b) lost their mother. Which is why I find it odd that some people's foremost reaction to this is to start "cracking jokes about Jade 'Obese-racist-media-whore-downs-downs-moon-face' Goody and just generally expressing my disgust for her and her family yesterday".