yes or no?

yes
89%
no
11%

Total votes: 19

Distepheno

Post by Distepheno » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:04 am

One thing i dont get is all the enviromentalist hippies sayin we should go more green an then complaining when people propose to build a wind farm ANYWHERE, its mental you cant win with these people! Its the same with animal rights guys too, they say its wrong to test on animals but the minute they get cancer. Principles out of the window gimme them sweet cancer curing animal tested drugs, i mean if they actually had convictions theyd just die with dignity.

im not bitter, i just dont like animal rights guys :?
back and to the left...

utensilattack

Post by utensilattack » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:12 am

I've found that it tends to be residents of rural towns / villages that are opposed to building wind fams on their pretty, picturesque horizons, not the "hippie environmentalists."
Politics are not sexy.

Distepheno

Post by Distepheno » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:17 am

im from staffordshire lol, google map Tean thats me village... theres a massive "not in my back yard" thing with these sort of issues an its the gettin the balance right thats the difficult part, point taken though would opn second thoughts agree its probably mostly the middle englanders who want somewhere nice to let their dogs shit wothout being disturbed by a big nasty wind farm who complain rather than the enviromentalists. x x
back and to the left...

Tomasz

Post by Tomasz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:26 pm

Sonofjellison wrote:I'm becoming more and more of skeptic on global warming. I see it as either a natural process or one that we have already caused and can do nothing to stop.

We need to use less energy.

Sonofjellison

Post by Sonofjellison » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:33 pm

Yeah. We wouldn't need to build so many new stations if we didn't waste so much energy.

I had mates who used to leave their TVs on whilst they went down for dinner or to the bar. Virtually every computer in the offices where I used to work were left on overnight.

We could save absolutely shed loads if we could be arsed. I hate wastage - food, electricity - whatever.