3 of My Favorite Thinkers and My Favorite Skinny Half-Arsed English Country Singer

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

Peter T.

3 of My Favorite Thinkers and My Favorite Skinny Half-Arsed English Country Singer

Post by Peter T. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:01 am

https://samharris.org/podcasts/114-politics-and-sanity/

If you're interested in a thoughtful analysis of American politics, then this recent podcast is right up your alley. Sam Harris recently interviewed David Frum (a former Bush speechwriter) and Andrew Sullivan. They offer up an insightful, far-ranging, and thoroughly civil discussion of what brought us to this precipice and what may lie ahead. They really drill deep into the psyche of America. Great stuff, if you're so inclined.

And I've been thinking about Frank's 1933 and the other politically-charged songs he's recently offered up. Given Frank's penchant for all things historical, his ceaseless globe-trotting, and the turbulent times we're living through, I think in music, he's rather uniquely placed to offer up his voice. And if FT is ever drawn to this end of the FT forum, I'd be interested to know if he follows any particularly political commentators.

Peter T.