Now listening to thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

User avatar
Wilson
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 pm
Location: Baden-Baden
Contact:

Post by Wilson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:12 pm

New Cursive album

http://www.saddle-creek.com/

today wit only costs 3$, tomorrow it'll be 4 and so on...
Image
ray wrote:christ theres a thousand holes to be picked im my paragraph up there and the best you come up with is a punctuation error.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Wilson wrote:New Cursive album

http://www.saddle-creek.com/

today wit only costs 3$, tomorrow it'll be 4 and so on...
Any good? I haven't heard anything of their's past The Ugly Organ. If it's not as good as that, I refuse to buy it.
Stu

User avatar
Wilson
Posts: 1079
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:13 pm
Location: Baden-Baden
Contact:

Post by Wilson » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:31 pm

Still haven't heard "The Ugly Organ", I must admit. Yet I'm back to track one and up for another run after the first one, which is a good sign...

you might want to give a listen to "I Couldn't Love You" and "From The Hips", to which you can find some links here...
Image
ray wrote:christ theres a thousand holes to be picked im my paragraph up there and the best you come up with is a punctuation error.

User avatar
Whittal
Posts: 283
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:50 am
Location: London

Post by Whittal » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 pm

The Ugly Organ is an amazing album. Thanks for posting this as well, I haven't been keeping up to date with their stuff.

User avatar
teamescape
Posts: 1540
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Post by teamescape » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:52 pm

Wilson wrote:Still haven't heard "The Ugly Organ", I must admit. Yet I'm back to track one and up for another run after the first one, which is a good sign...

you might want to give a listen to "I Couldn't Love You" and "From The Hips", to which you can find some links here...
'From the hips' is a bit...soft? I'll try and track down I Couldn't Love You and see if that changes my mind. I really recommend The Ugly Organ. The fact that it's a concept album is offset by the fact that it doesn't feel like a concept album. It's brilliant.
Stu

User avatar
robmcburger
Posts: 1709
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:30 pm

Post by robmcburger » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:04 pm

I've got the album. It's a bit hit and miss, "What Have I Done?" is vintage Kasher, mind.

martin
Posts: 4066
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by martin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

burst and bloom 'ftw'.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Japan

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:08 pm

Ahh, cheers for this Wilson, it's downloading now.

I reckon.....while The Ugly Organ was an amazing album, the follow-up was criminally underrated. Although I admittedly (mitly) didn't like it too much the first few times. A "grower".
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Post by Rubber_Soul » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:41 pm

new far album!!!! they have signed to vagrant!!!!! obviously I'm not listening to it now but think how good it will be when we can listen to it!!!!

User avatar
tosh
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by tosh » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Nick wrote:Ahh, cheers for this Wilson, it's downloading now.

I reckon.....while The Ugly Organ was an amazing album, the follow-up was criminally underrated. Although I admittedly (mitly) didn't like it too much the first few times. A "grower".
I only have a few songs from the ugly organ but I really like them. I clicked on that link though, and it looks more worthwhile buying an actual physical copy of the album, rather than downloading it. The handwritten lyrics and the way it's presented and everything looks amazing.



Now listening: Thursday - Common Existence.

It sounds like a grower. It's my least favourite Thursday album as first listens go, but I'm going to give it the time of day and see what I think. Anyone else listened to it?
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Post by Rubber_Soul » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:10 pm

tosh wrote:
Nick wrote:Ahh, cheers for this Wilson, it's downloading now.

I reckon.....while The Ugly Organ was an amazing album, the follow-up was criminally underrated. Although I admittedly (mitly) didn't like it too much the first few times. A "grower".
I only have a few songs from the ugly organ but I really like them. I clicked on that link though, and it looks more worthwhile buying an actual physical copy of the album, rather than downloading it. The handwritten lyrics and the way it's presented and everything looks amazing.



Now listening: Thursday - Common Existence.

It sounds like a grower. It's my least favourite Thursday album as first listens go, but I'm going to give it the time of day and see what I think. Anyone else listened to it?
I like it had it a while now on mp3 but still waiting for my vinyl copy to be shipped. after listening to it intently for the first few days I think i prefer ACBTLD and the split. however talking about it now makes me want to listen to it again.

however i am acutally listening to squeeze at the mo so after that i think

User avatar
tosh
Posts: 2823
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:27 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Contact:

Post by tosh » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Rubber_Soul wrote:
tosh wrote:
Nick wrote:Ahh, cheers for this Wilson, it's downloading now.

I reckon.....while The Ugly Organ was an amazing album, the follow-up was criminally underrated. Although I admittedly (mitly) didn't like it too much the first few times. A "grower".
I only have a few songs from the ugly organ but I really like them. I clicked on that link though, and it looks more worthwhile buying an actual physical copy of the album, rather than downloading it. The handwritten lyrics and the way it's presented and everything looks amazing.



Now listening: Thursday - Common Existence.

It sounds like a grower. It's my least favourite Thursday album as first listens go, but I'm going to give it the time of day and see what I think. Anyone else listened to it?
I like it had it a while now on mp3 but still waiting for my vinyl copy to be shipped. after listening to it intently for the first few days I think i prefer ACBTLD and the split. however talking about it now makes me want to listen to it again.

however i am acutally listening to squeeze at the mo so after that i think
I've not heard the split, I only actually found out about it earlier when I was searching for the latest album. Is it worth getting my hands on?

ACBTLD is my favourite Thursday album. It branches out a fair bit in sound which Thursday were guilty of lacking in previous albums 'imo'.
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

Rubber_Soul
Posts: 1715
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 pm
Location: Hythe

Post by Rubber_Soul » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 pm

it's good only 4 thursday tracks though. one is 'as i climbed a dark mountain' which is on the album now anyhow. 2 of them are more or less instrumentals but sound really good - quite abstact in sound. if you can get it cheap it's well worth it. comes in a lovely set that has both cd and vinyl. ordered mine from banquet ages ago but can't remember how much it cost me now.

User avatar
Nick
Posts: 2573
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:47 pm
Location: Japan

Post by Nick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:34 pm

That one about the Dark Mountain or whatever is my favourite track of theirs in ages.
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Marta
Posts: 2729
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by Marta » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:22 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRQC8xAobdc

"I'd like to be left alone. Have more kids and write some more songs"

I love you, Nick Cave.
It's the only answer she deserved.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests