Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:47 pm

also, the last 65dos song has guest vocals/guitar from circle takes the square

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER

Bob

Post by Bob » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:54 pm

robmcburger wrote:also, the last 65dos song has guest vocals/guitar from circle takes the square

IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER

*MELTS*

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:57 pm

it's genuinly beyond amazing

WE RUN

off the road and off the record

tosh

Post by tosh » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:38 pm

upload to gmail, please?

Have CTTS found a drummer yet? I miss them
Aprils wrote:there is literally no hope
Barry wrote:
emma_jane wrote:my bf
I'm out

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:43 pm

i think i have a new drummer yes. not sure yet though.

lyk wait 4 da album etc!

(will do in a bit)

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:57 pm

i don't know if it's in the inbox or not, but it's definitely in the sent messages.

enjoy

kirkybaz

Post by kirkybaz » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:46 pm

What's your full opinion on the new 65 album then Rob?

I read how they've changed the production so that the sound doesn't get all compressed and sound just "loud." You can definitely tell as if I play it on the volume I'd normally play most things, it's a lot quieter and doesn't have a very full sound

Away from that, I'm not sure if there's a massive progression on the album - granted they have one song with vocals and a bit more piano and some strings, but I'm not convinced I'm going to love it as much as I hoped

I hope I'm wrong though

tosh

Post by tosh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:03 am

robmcburger wrote:i don't know if it's in the inbox or not, but it's definitely in the sent messages.

enjoy
Barry wrote:
I'm out

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:00 am

As i've already said to some people i've spoken about it, i'm generally very hyperbolic within the first few days of owning an album. But i've NEVER got an album and just listened to it on full on repeat for 3/4 days like I have with this record.

Yeah, admitedly the production is a bit iffy in parts. But I think in terms of actually quality of the record it's incredible, granted it doesn't differ terribly from the other albums in terms of sound, but i'd certainly say it's a progression...they've improved a LOT 'imo' and this is one of the best albums i've ever heard.

However, I can be quite flattering with these things, so you're probably better off asking me in a few days. But i'd say at the moment it's most definitely one of the most important records i've ever heard.

I don't know why but when I listen to it it just feels like the last two records have been growing into this, and even this album feels like throughout the whole thing it's building up into the last song. And the last song completely knocks me flat.

Yeah, mini-essay city.

10/10

edit: have you heard the album then Barry? or are you just reading up about it? if you're judging by those live recordings from the WOXY sessions then you really need to hear the album versions of those songs, incredible.

Evan

Post by Evan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:48 pm

The Misfits "Walk Among Us".

Just bought this. Despite being a fan for over 20 years now, I have never actually owned this on CD before (tape and vinyl, but no cd). £8. Nice.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:26 pm

These Arms Are Snakes - Easter.

It's pretty average, to be honest...nowhere near as good as Oxeneers.

kirkybaz

Post by kirkybaz » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:12 pm

robmcburger wrote:
edit: have you heard the album then Barry? or are you just reading up about it? if you're judging by those live recordings from the WOXY sessions then you really need to hear the album versions of those songs, incredible.
I downloaded it on Friday so I've give it my full attention, it's not that I don't like it (I do) I'm just not sure if it's as life changing as you do, though I'm hoping in the weeks and months ahead I will grow to love it more and more.

Going to see them in Nottingham in May, can't wait for that!

tosh

Post by tosh » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:26 pm

I really wish 65dos did it for me - I just never find them as inspiring as other people seem to, and I feel I'm really missing out! I can totally see the appeal, but the only few songs I've heard all sound really similar - and they take the same approach, in my opinion. More variety needed!

I'm listening to that Foals song "Try This On Your Piano" - and I don't know who said it but whoever spoke of their love for it - I completely agree with them. Very very good music.
Barry wrote:
I'm out

random_128

Post by random_128 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:24 pm

tosh wrote:I really wish 65dos did it for me - I just never find them as inspiring as other people seem to, and I feel I'm really missing out! I can totally see the appeal, but the only few songs I've heard all sound really similar - and they take the same approach, in my opinion. More variety needed!

I'm listening to that Foals song "Try This On Your Piano" - and I don't know who said it but whoever spoke of their love for it - I completely agree with them. Very very good music.
i think 65dos are quite good on record, but they're absolutely amazing live (at least whenever i've seen them). i've been listening to nothing but foals and ycni:m b-sides today - got me through a marathon essay writing session rather well :)
23.01.06, 26.01.06, 11.07.06, 16.11.06, 01.02.07, 01.02.07, 26.04.07, 13.09.07, 14.04.08, 23.10.08, 28.08.09, 15.10.09, 11.07.10

robmcburger

Post by robmcburger » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:56 pm

I hope what I said didn't sound offensive, it wasn't intended to! I can understand why people don't love it, or them...but I can't help it they just make me very very wet.

And I love "try this on your piano" by foals