Now listening to thread

Rant and rave at will, that's why you're here, this is the internet after all

Moderators: marowak, Blonde, skhmmxi

newmy

Post by newmy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:26 pm

Pete wrote:
newmy wrote:New Dillinger track...interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryYWG3h28ms
Just spotted this... This is fucking ace, can't wait for the Barfly.
I will be there. It will be insane. I will be standing as far away from the action as possible (if it is indeed going to be possible in a dillinger gig that size)

benb

Post by benb » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 pm

I saw them at Reading in 2003 (I think?), they were on the main stage and the singer took a shit on the stage in a carrier bag, threw it in to the crowd, it got thrown back at him and he rubbed it on his chest then ran down to the front of the crowd. What the fuck?

Joobs

Post by Joobs » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:43 pm

been going back in my machine head catalogue, the burning red has been spinning alot recentley.. and supercharger.. fucking love that band!

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:31 am

benb wrote:I saw them at Reading in 2003 (I think?), they were on the main stage and the singer took a shit on the stage in a carrier bag, threw it in to the crowd, it got thrown back at him and he rubbed it on his chest then ran down to the front of the crowd. What the fuck?
Not sure if that was their old singer or not. At any rate, since then, they've been getting by with less "theatrics", and more "just being really good".
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

teamescape

Post by teamescape » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Nick wrote:
benb wrote:I saw them at Reading in 2003 (I think?), they were on the main stage and the singer took a shit on the stage in a carrier bag, threw it in to the crowd, it got thrown back at him and he rubbed it on his chest then ran down to the front of the crowd. What the fuck?
Not sure if that was their old singer or not. At any rate, since then, they've been getting by with less "theatrics", and more "just being really good".
Please note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNVwH8ROn4

Shocking effort.
Stu

benb

Post by benb » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 am

Nick wrote:
Nah, the current, Greg Puciato, did a search on youtube for their performance and found this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=806cONhd8Ns if you scroll down the comments there is discussion of the shit incident.

Nick

Post by Nick » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:30 am

teamescape wrote:Please note:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNVwH8ROn4

Shocking effort.

Now you mention it, that song is pretty bad. But the "pop" song on their latest album (Milk Lizard)...... It's a triumph!
thepriceofreality wrote:i have absolutely no idea who nick oakden is unfortunately, sorry.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:43 pm

Yep, that song is a lazy, poor song, but fuck it, I can't name a band I love who have produced a good number of albums on which I love every song. Milk Lizard is indeed fucking amazing, as is most of that album. Miss Machine was also fucking ace throughout.

Re shit incident, I was rather near the front of stage for that. I'd just had a massive row with my mates (sure i've relayed this story but just in case, they'd stayed up all night playing Timmy Mallett songs outside my tent and when I dared to get angry about this (also had my then missus with me) they took offence and proceeded to get any stranger who would do so to walk into my tent for the rest of the night. I wasn't happy) so had stormed into the middle of the crowd and barged straight to the barrier being a moody prick. I hadn't actually been much of a fan until that, but they were just pure aggression. Any time I'm angry no band to it justice like Dillinger, they're just fucking brilliant.

Finally - Camden gig, supposed to be taking my missus, but genuinely concerned we'll spend the whole gig trying to make sure she doesn't get hurt. In Barfly there is just nowhere to hide.
frank wrote:Think of it like weight-lifting. High notes are heavy weights.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Joobs wrote:been going back in my machine head catalogue, the burning red has been spinning alot recentley.. and supercharger.. fucking love that band!
Dude, seriously, both of these are fucking dreadful albums. Why Rob Flynn ever thought rapping was a good idea i'll never know. I'll stick with the first two or even the latest rather than these.

marky mark

Post by marky mark » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I'm sure there were a couple of Errors fans on here. They've got a new song up on their myspazz and have set March the 1st for the release of their new album.

New song quite poppy compared to some of their other stuff I think.

http://www.myspace.com/weareerrors

Norris

Post by Norris » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:44 pm

marky mark wrote:I'm sure there were a couple of Errors fans on here. They've got a new song up on their myspazz and have set March the 1st for the release of their new album.

New song quite poppy compared to some of their other stuff I think.

http://www.myspace.com/weareerrors
I'm standing in on drums for my friends band when they support Errors in March, I'm psyched. New song sounds cool.

newmy

Post by newmy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Pete wrote: Finally - Camden gig, supposed to be taking my missus, but genuinely concerned we'll spend the whole gig trying to make sure she doesn't get hurt. In Barfly there is just nowhere to hide.
I'll need a place to hide too. Maybe the bit that's sort of round the corner by the door...although I guess you can't see the stage from there. Maybe behind the bar...

Currently listening:

Mahumodo. 'kin ace.

devilsadvocat

Post by devilsadvocat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:16 am

Curently drowning out pissed female flatmates as I essay write, this is going to be a long night!

Nick Drake - Five leaves left

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 am

newmy wrote:
Pete wrote: Finally - Camden gig, supposed to be taking my missus, but genuinely concerned we'll spend the whole gig trying to make sure she doesn't get hurt. In Barfly there is just nowhere to hide.
I'll need a place to hide too. Maybe the bit that's sort of round the corner by the door...although I guess you can't see the stage from there. Maybe behind the bar...

Currently listening:

Mahumodo. 'kin ace.
Strangely enough I spent most of yesterday listening to *Shels, so so good.

boom

Post by boom » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:20 pm

devilsadvocat wrote:Nick Drake - Five leaves left
stunning album...I always think Worse Things Happen at Sea sounds like it could have been on it