Search found 25 matches

by Bird
Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:03 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: A little Worried
Replies: 27
Views: 3456

Re: A little Worried

Roger is awesome. I can't understand a thing he says, but he's still awesome. If he hasn't heard of your band, you're not in one. I like that. On a note almost related to the thread, I partially managed to convince myself that the Wembley gig would be horrendous. Doing so was an absolute necessity....
by Bird
Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:35 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: New theme
Replies: 88
Views: 87703

Re: New theme

Can someone change the time please? It confuses me. User Control Panel (near the top of the screen) Board Preferences Then set "Summer Time/DST is in effect" to Yes. Thank fuck for that - that itch had been driving me mad for aeons! Here's my belated tuppenceworth: I initially found the new theme a...
by Bird
Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:44 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who is Frank in between...
Replies: 97
Views: 13144

Re: Who is Frank in between...

h26 wrote:cdwise, in between kt tunstall and turin brakes
Who messed with your collection?
by Bird
Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:40 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread
Replies: 17392
Views: 1541238

Re: The I HAVE NOTHING TO SAY Thread

It was a bit echoey in here last night... I'm still picking the damned tumblethorns out of my socks. So, this is what happens when I bugger off for five months, is it? A moderator moves into the house, everything becomes a little greener and those whom I know best are out upon my return? I wonder wh...
by Bird
Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:30 am
Forum: Gigs
Topic: Ben Marwood tour
Replies: 92
Views: 12561

Rubber_Soul wrote:when is York?
1863

Where is yesterday?
by Bird
Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:10 am
Forum: Gigs
Topic: Ben Marwood tour
Replies: 92
Views: 12561

04rebhop wrote:Going to try an get them into Ben and Oxygen Thief.
Ouch.

Also, how or why did nellied change Helium's pseudonym to Heluim? (I assume that Helium is but a pseudonym. Apologies if that's just a sign of my closed-mindedness.)
by Bird
Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:23 am
Forum: Ask Me
Topic: Lyrics, Vocals or Music?
Replies: 11
Views: 1996

frank wrote:
tiffiny wrote:it's absolutely a combination for me. i guess i wide side toward things that are lyrically strong and musically weak if i had to pick, but the songs i love are all elements of both.
this.
Whoops. I missed that. What they said. Apologies for the embarrassingly typical ramble.
by Bird
Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:16 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Favorite Lyrics
Replies: 39
Views: 8021

"Let's be crass enough to care"

If I were to lose that sentiment, I would lose my all.
by Bird
Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:43 pm
Forum: Ask Me
Topic: Lyrics, Vocals or Music?
Replies: 11
Views: 1996

Frank's lyrics were what hooked me. That said, had they emanated from the tuneless gob of a talentless bint, stretched over some vapid melody, I can't pretend that I would a) ever have heard them or b) have listened for long enough to appreciate their meaning. So...crap. I suppose that I agree with ...
by Bird
Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:17 pm
Forum: Ask Me
Topic: My Kingdom for a Horse
Replies: 18
Views: 3147

minidazzler wrote:The last 2 times I was walking home after one night stands this song has come on. I feel dirty enough without the song telling me I should :D
Has this anything to do with the fact that the track headlines your "Walk of Shame (a.k.a. Pride)" playlist?
by Bird
Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:15 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: All new misheard song lyrics
Replies: 338
Views: 60813

Sorry Pete - I haven't yet "thought [myself] off a cliff". I have however, been away for a while (returning at least partly because I'm broke and seem to remember Gerry having offered to buy me a pint). I therefore decided to pick up where I left off (i.e. page 11 of this 'ere thread) and now feel t...
by Bird
Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread
Replies: 984
Views: 84767

Sorry...but I'm lazy and making bad jokes is just so easy.
by Bird
Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The "Everything Is Shit" Thread
Replies: 984
Views: 84767

Is someone really after "safe for work websites"?

This should get you started: http://tinyurl.com/8fbns
by Bird
Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:11 pm
Forum: Ask Me
Topic: England Keep My Bones
Replies: 649
Views: 68566

My heart just sank as I read this, if it doesnt arrive today I'll be really fucked off. (I think its possible I've mentioned this before...) Has nellied (no, iThing - NOT jellied) received her copy/copies? If so, you should go round to hers for a look and a listen then help to lighten her mood by s...
by Bird
Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:47 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: All new misheard song lyrics
Replies: 338
Views: 60813

Tomasz wrote:
Bird wrote:
Tomasz wrote:"I miss your music and your masculine kisses"
That's definitely the lyric.
Music and your musk and your kisses init
Nope. You're wrong. Stick with your instincts.

(Seriously - which line would you prefer it to be, eh?)